News Round Up 2020

That is extremely disappointing. Now only those with loads of money to spare can afford to eat there. Lunch was expensive enough a la carte.
True .. but Disney is having to do this weird thing of actually making things LESS desirable (to a point) so demand is not so high - because they don't want crowds. Be Our Guest lunch was probably the most in-demand lunch spot in MK.

I know I'm a bit privileged to say this, but I'm okay with the change. I first went for dinner in early 2015, and the service and food was excellent. I've since gone back for both lunch and dinner in 2018 and 2019, and have been extremely disappointed both times. I think the dip in quality really started when they tried to push it to more of a quick-service/fast-casual restaurant. I think it's much better suited to be a "nice" restaurant, especially so since it's the only one in MK.

We did dinner twice before it switched to a fixed price. The first time was during an unannounced soft open and that was our first time in there. It definitely is suited better for a sit-down atmosphere wise, but many people can't afford those prices. A lesser experience that someone can afford is better than no experience because the price is too high. The castle is amazing inside. One of the best things they ever built, and it shouldn't be priced out to just those that can afford 80+ on a single meal. That's about what I spend on groceries for the entire month.

We did dinner twice before it switched to a fixed price. The first time was during an unannounced soft open and that was our first time in there. It definitely is suited better for a sit-down atmosphere wise, but many people can't afford those prices. A lesser experience that someone can afford is better than no experience because the price is too high.
I suppose that depends. There are other, similarly priced restaurants in the parks - Tiffins, several in EPCOT, and Brown Derby, etc. Just because BOG is considered "family friendly" theming, I don't think it means the experience should be diluted to cram more and more people in. There are plenty that could still afford it at the higher price and better experience way back when, considering how tough it was to make a reservation. I'm okay with things being a special meal at a higher price. It's not like there's a shortage of other options in MK, and many still have decent food and are well-themed.

Either way, that's a conversation for another time... :)

Then this is not the year for you to go.
Thanks very much for you input but I feel I'm fully capable of making that decision myself.

I'm just stating a fact as every single day over the past few days Disney has cutting more and more yet the cost of our trip has increased substantially when our family lost free dining. The 35% room discount nowhere near will pay for the food we previously had included.

Thanks very much for you input but I feel I'm fully capable of making that decision myself.

I'm just stating a fact as every single day over the past few days Disney has cutting more and more yet the cost of our trip has increased substantially when our family lost free dining. The 35% room discount nowhere near will pay for the food we previously had included.

I mean absolutely no offense. I am sure things will be much better next year. I think it's amazing what they actually are offering, all things considered.

I think Disney is starting with a fraction of Universal’s capacity though. As they scale up expect to see a lot of this stuff slowly come back.

I hope it comes back this year. I don’t expect things to go back to 100% normal during a pandemic, but almost no entertainment, no m&g’s, and reservations required in a system that will probably put locals at a disadvantage is really not worth the price of the expensive ap I paid for. Uni figured out how to do m&g’s and most of their shows, and didn’t start charging a bunch of money to get in beloved dining spots. I’m hoping that entertainment is coming back very soon and they just need to work out an agreement with the union first. No idea if the actors/singers at Universal are part of a union. Plus the whole resort reservation situation/cancellation options was handled much better with Uni.

I got tears in my eyes when I saw that one on the list. I'd probably be happier with A New Hope, but Empire is great too! Return of the Jedi was the first one I ever saw in the theater. I was not quite 6 years old. It was amazing!

Same, but I was 9. I’ll never forget it!

Seems like a very light list for MK vs the others. I am guessing it is a seating capacity thing.

There aren't a whole lot of QS places left at MK, but I sort of understand. Casey's is my favorite, but the location is terrible for social distancing. Same with the ice cream parlor. Closing Harbor House might make sense if they're planning on using it as a rest area as someone speculated in another thread.

This might be the first time that I've ever eaten at Pecos Bill or Cosmic Ray's. I just didn't find either menu all that appealing to me. Although, with the mask I just may want to pay extra to cool down at a table service restaurant. It will be interesting times indeed.

There aren't a whole lot of QS places left at MK, but I sort of understand. Casey's is my favorite, but the location is terrible for social distancing. Same with the ice cream parlor. Closing Harbor House might make sense if they're planning on using it as a rest area as someone speculated in another thread.

This might be the first time that I've ever eaten at Pecos Bill or Cosmic Ray's. I just didn't find either menu all that appealing to me. Although, with the mask I just may want to pay extra to cool down at a table service restaurant. It will be interesting times indeed.
I thought they might open Casey’s with all that outdoor seating it has. 🤷‍♂️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter