News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney has no say in the finer details of a hotel being run on property they own and lease out. They can restrict certain types of business on that property, but can't dictate standards or format as long as it's reasonable to run the proposed business at the site being leased. They aren't a Disney hotel, just a hotel that is paying for use of land Disney owns.
So you are agreeing with me?

I agree they dont have control over running the hotel, but they do approve all building plans as they are municipality. I am also sure Disney has some clause that would allow them to cancel the land lease effectively killing the hotel on property if various different things happen. Disney might not run day to day operations of the hotel but I would almost guarantee that Disney has some sort of operator performance test clause in the contract as well as a termination without clause, clause to protect the hotel owners. Also I would suspect the newer partner hotel contracts signed recently are prob much different then the ones of the 90s.

I agree they dont have control over running the hotel, but they do approve all building plans as they are municipality. I am also sure Disney has some clause that would allow them to cancel the land lease effectively killing the hotel on property if various different things happen. Disney might not run day to day operations of the hotel but I would almost guarantee that Disney has some sort of operator performance test clause in the contract as well as a termination without clause, clause to protect the hotel owners. Also I would suspect the newer partner hotel contracts signed recently are prob much different then the ones of the 90s.
We are getting off topic here...but no third party would put in the kind of capital a hotel requires (whether new, purchased, and/or rebuilt--it's the latter two that apply to DSRA now) without a pretty ironclad freedom to operate. And having stayed in the BW, if there are any performance clauses other than paying rent on time and meeting code, they would have to be pretty darn weak.

Not sure about that. The BW in DS was the worst hotel I've been in since I stopped working as a carny. The portable crib "mattress" was a pile of folded up sheets on top of what was probably a $20 mattress 20 years ago. Also had to change rooms multiple times.

Sounds like the "Not So" Quality Inn that we stayed at in Indianapolis. Should have known it would be "nice", since it was next to a run down convenient store and a really old Waffle House.

I got curious and checked the one in Columbus - it is an "Inn & Suites" location - have to say I found it to be WAY below standards of most Holiday Inns I've stayed in. I travel a lot for work and don't really care about staying in higher end hotels...but that Drury was awful. Musty, outdated, bad plumbing....it definitely turned me off of the brand.

I'm from Columbus and can confirm that Drury is terrrrrrrrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts