News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for pointing this out! Definitely think Disney should highlight this more or even have reusable ones for sale at quick service, etc where paper straws are used as an alternative for people

They most definitely should. I hate the paper straws, because I am a slow drinker. I usually pack a few reusable ones in a ziplock every trip. That's what I use daily at home.

They most definitely should. I hate the paper straws, because I am a slow drinker. I usually pack a few reusable ones in a ziplock every trip. That's what I use daily at home.
I’ve done the same from the few QS locations (Epcot countries) that have plastic straws. Lol - I’ve also become quite skilled at taking the straw out of my glass and resting it across the rim of the cup when I’m not drinking. ;)

Thanks for pointing this out! Definitely think Disney should highlight this more or even have reusable ones for sale at quick service, etc where paper straws are used as an alternative for people
I actually think if they make it too easy and convenient to pick up a reusable straw when buying a drink (and definitely if it's too inexpensive), it's more likely to get people who are not used to using reusable ones - or don't care about adding on $1 or so - and they'll still end up just throwing away the reusable straw with their cup either absentmindedly or because they don't want the hassle defeating the purpose of not having plastic straws in the first place.

Dangerous game though reducing the quality of a paid service.

And you can always take your own.
I was being jokey - but my meaning wasn't clear. Just saying that folks could choose not to pay to have Disney take your pictures and it wouldn't be the end of the world. We just went out to Disneyland and didn't have photopass and it was just fine. We had Maxpass for a day and I haven't even figured out how to download my pictures yet - but I probably should.

I actually think if they make it too easy and convenient to pick up a reusable straw when buying a drink (and definitely if it's too inexpensive), it's more likely to get people who are not used to using reusable ones - or don't care about adding on $1 or so - and they'll still end up just throwing away the reusable straw with their cup either absentmindedly or because they don't want the hassle defeating the purpose of not having plastic straws in the first place.

I guess it would happen some - but if it was where a person had to actively choose to add on a reusable straw I would think people would generally either keep it or not add it on

I was being jokey - but my meaning wasn't clear. Just saying that folks could choose not to pay to have Disney take your pictures and it wouldn't be the end of the world. We just went out to Disneyland and didn't have photopass and it was just fine. We had Maxpass for a day and I haven't even figured out how to download my pictures yet - but I probably should.

To me the biggest loss of not having photopass would be losing the magic shots and like the specialty shots (like the ultra zoom ones) and he on ride photos and video

I'm bummed about the Royal Majesty Makers - we always enjoy that one and the kids like it (they love going and trying to pull the sword out anyway).

During our trip last month, I was actually the second adult pulled up to "try" to pull the sword - it was pretty cool.

I'm bummed about the Royal Majesty Makers - we always enjoy that one and the kids like it (they love going and trying to pull the sword out anyway).

During our trip last month, I was actually the second adult pulled up to "try" to pull the sword - it was pretty cool.

View attachment 435669

View attachment 435668

Literally right after Podcast: The Ride does their episode on it they are getting rid of it lol

View attachment 435669

View attachment 435668
Dude! Don’t keep us in suspense! Did you get the sword out?

Are you really arguing for a brand new venue at Disney Springs to operate at a loss for 6 months on purpose? Planet Hollywood may not sell out every night, but they do quite well considering what the lowest common denominator wants at Disney Springs...not to mention private events.

The NBA Experience is exactly as bad as we all thought

So you know the numbers of Planet Hollywood since before the remake and after, and you know the financials of NBA Experience. Please tell us exactly what they are. I am all ears.

Oh, and I wasn't "arguing" anything. :tigger: Your bravado is admirable though.

More cutbacks - Muppets Great Moments in History and Royal Majesty Makers are ending within a month.
What was Royal Majesty Makers? Never know it was a thing. Heck .. the last times I have been near the sword in the stone (Nov and March), it was missing.

What? Great Moments in History being cut? Those shows are great! Better than Muppetvision by far with that same classic Muppets humor! But . ya .. I guess they probably pay a lot for that show considering all the puppeteers needed.

It just isn't advertised well. Even though I knew about it I only ever watched it by just "running into it" .. resting in Liberty Square during the mid-day.

While street shows are neat ... they probably really don't draw a crowd like a castle stage show or parade, but what Disney hopefully doesn't forget is that these street shows are what makes some great unexpected memorable moments when you stumble unto them.

well, except "Earth" doesn't exist in the Star Wars Universe ... plus remember it is a "long, long time ago"

I mean, I am sure they can come up with something to make it work ... if not for New Years, at least for the Holiday season in general
But there are "humans" on Batuu... .but I guess the humans are not from Earth therefore don't celebrate earthly holidays, right?
NEWS

Well this is sad news - Mickey and Minnie should be one of the last paces to not have people photographers

Sad face. The photo boxes are so awkward.

But there are "humans" on Batuu... .but I guess the humans are not from Earth therefore don't celebrate earthly holidays, right?

Yes, "Humanoid" is the most prolific type of species in the Star Wars Universe but they aren't from Earth. They are from Courecant or Tatooine or whatever. More likely there would be some sort of Batuuan holiday that coincides

Ingredients revealed for blue milk and green milk at SWGE -mostly oils, sweeteners, thickeners, and coloring.

True...but then that gets mixed with probably 8 parts water to 1 part junk food mix. As someone who works in food development I’m actually not really freaked out by any of it. I assumed we’d see Yellow #5 and Blue #1 or other FD&C colors. It’s not healthy in terms of calories and sugar but otherwise, 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter