• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

The better question is how long is the contract with the NBA to use the branding expires and Disney Closes this experience.
Considering that ABC/ESPN probably has a HUGE contract with the NBA to air its game .. my guess is that both parties will probably keep this propped up for way too long.

Seems a hugely expensive endeavor to promote the NBA (and get people to watch it on ESPN/ABC).

I would have thought they could have done the same thing with a lot less space.

The better question is how long is the contract with the NBA to use the branding expires and Disney Closes this experience.

I feel like just with the connection of the NBA and ABC/ESPN that it will get a bit of a longer leash that otherwise ... but yeah, I could see it changing format so it isn't an entry fee (more just some experiences you have pay for individually or something) sooner rather than later. I could see people willing to walk in and check it out but no way willing to pay at all just to enter though

We all have to remember as well that the NBA is in hiatus right now. Wonder if this will have more appeal when the actual NBA season is going on? It's Baseball and Football season right now.

We all have to remember as well that the NBA is in hiatus right now. Wonder if this will have more appeal when the actual NBA season is going on? It's Baseball and Football season right now.
I'm not sure it matters. I think the business model is flawed. There aren't enough people who will pay to just step inside. They need to change it up to pay for experiences inside, so families can wander in and spend some time but only the ones who care pay to play. I still don't think you can profit on this size space with this theme, but that's the very first change they need to make.

Perhaps The NBA Experience could close down for 6 months out of the year like the NBA then?

Perhaps The NBA Experience could close down for 6 months out of the year like the NBA then?

or operate at a loss and being propped up by the NBA and Disney for 6 months and making a profit the other six months. None of us know the economics of the place yet people are saying it is done already. Heck, I still don't know how they spent all the money re-doing Planet Holleywood. It's never busy either and they made it bigger with the outdoor seating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter