News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wish people would (a) stop bashing unfinished construction as "bad sight lines" and (b) realize that you have been able to see the castle from Splash Mountain since 1992.

Difference about the Castle, is that it is the central Icon of the park, Its supposed to be seen far and wide. It is in the hub of the Magic Kingdom. Disney at one time actually had more care about these things. For example just look at the Moroccan pavilion at Epcot and its relation to the Tower of Terror, Disney took care to make the TOT blend in more with the Moroccan site lines. I know we saw sight line balloons for the new Guardians Coaster in Epcot before they broke ground, and at least that building is being painted blue to try and make it blend in more. The tron building if it is done like it is at Shanghai will light up at night, not sure how that hides it. During the day the color scheme might make it blend in with the sky better, yet at night I am pretty sure it wont be hard to miss from where that picture was taken.

Yea, I think sight-lines are a thing of the past. But, If I had to choose between Tron and sight-lines, I’d choose Tron.

People are more interested in looking at their phones and rushing to the next attraction than looking up and around at the sights. The lines don't make a difference anymore :(

I always tell people to look up when they enter a new area or building. There is so much to miss.

Difference about the Castle, is that it is the central Icon of the park, Its supposed to be seen far and wide. It is in the hub of the Magic Kingdom.........The tron building if it is done like it is at Shanghai will light up at night, not sure how that hides it. During the day the color scheme might make it blend in with the sky better, yet at night I am pretty sure it wont be hard to miss from where that picture was taken.

Space Mountains top can be seen too easily, so Tron wouldn't be much different / should fit in being to the side of SM. It'll all look great in the end / not as open view it has now, as im sure trees will be brought in.

Space Mountains top can be seen too easily, so Tron wouldn't be much different / should fit in being to the side of SM. It'll all look great in the end / not as open view it has now, as im sure trees will be brought in.
Exactly. There are plenty of examples of poor sightlines dating back to park opening that people forget about. Disney does its best but they can't cover every possible vantage point. The project is also unfinished - considering how well they did everything with Galaxy's Edge I don't see any reason to doubt that they care about sightlines.

I guess my feelings about sight lines is that if you can see other attractions, that's one thing. Especially if it's iconic Disney attractions, (like the Chinese Theater or the old Mickey-ears water tower). If it takes away from the "atmosphere" of where you are, if at all possible, it should be somehow disguised (like the backside of TOT being able to be seen from Epcot, but looking like part of Morocco). The bigger issue would be if you could see back stage stuff, or unsightly things like big garbage dumpsters.... that would not be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!