News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
They already do an IP awakenings including Lion King. Took these a couple weeks ago.

It is our favorite actually.

enhance

enhance

Jungle Book

Here is the IP version

Guess I never noticed those were specific IP scenes or at least they are very subtle

I've only seen it in person a few times and I never got the sense it was IP shown to me, but maybe it was just the parts I saw

News
Tokyo DisneySea announces Soaring opening and its SEA link
https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201901/6551/

So, is this the future easter eggs they were discussing at Tropical Hideaway's opening? C. Falco is a new SEA Member called Camellia Falco
I’m headed to Tokyo in the fall for the first time. I was originally planning to skip Soaring since we have the rides here, but now I may need to include it on one of my park days!

Guess I never noticed those were specific IP scenes or at least they are very subtle

I've only seen it in person a few times and I never got the sense it was IP shown to me, but maybe it was just the parts I saw

Yea and it's just one of the 4, and like @rteetz said its subtle, enough to not feel in your face.

I do not want straight up music and scenes from movies.

Now, I wish we'd stay late at AK. We always go at rope drop and worn out before 5pm!

Wouldn't you have loved to sit and listen to the live recording of this soundtrack. Awesome!

We actually do often go just for the evening, esp for Pandora-but usually wait and watch this awakening once.

And yes I do play it on occasion on youtube at work, sounds better down there though of course.

NEWS

Guardians of the Galaxy's Awesome Mix Live to return to ECPOT this summer: June 24th to August 18th

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...-mix-live-set-to-return-to-epcot-this-summer/

This was gone before our trip last year but will be going on when we are there this August, so might check it out to see what I think after seeing it in person vs just the video
I actually really enjoyed this and was drawn into the theater as I was walking past after lunch in Italy. I wonder what changes (if any) will occur?

Just received this DVC email...

5DBC95216D6F2E7076135B0161EF0FB4.png

MEMBER MAIL: HOT OFF THE PRESS
DISNEY'S RIVIERA RESORT UPDATE
Dear Disney Vacation Club® Member,

Since Disney’s Riviera Resort was first announced in July 2017, our Members have continually asked to be kept informed about the newest Resort. With that in mind, we wanted you to be among the first to hear some exciting updates. Construction is progressing extremely well on our new proposed Disney Vacation Club Resort, and it’s currently on schedule to open in Fall 2019.

When it opens its doors, Disney’s Riviera Resort will offer all the grandeur of Europe combined with the magic of Disney. The new Resort will be conveniently located in the heart of Walt Disney World® Resort, and feature unique access to Epcot® and Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, via the new Disney Skyliner.

Important information for Disney Vacation Club Members:
  • This Spring, Members can begin booking stays at Disney’s Riviera Resort with Vacation Points, accessing exclusive, protected inventory which is being held just for our Members. Exact timing will be shared once the official opening date is confirmed.
In the interim, Disney’s Riviera Resort will begin taking rental reservations from the general public this month. To learn more about the new Resort, watch the Disney Parks Blog and follow Disney Vacation Club on Facebook and Instagram for updates.

We look forward to welcoming our newest Resort!

Disney Vacation Club

Nifty looking. Glad they are using those areas in Pixar Place. I love the theming.

Still .. with how good Disney does with indoor character M&Gs and the theming (like Launch Bay, the princesses, Pete's Silly Sideshow), I am still shocked and disappointed that Toy Story Land (and seemingly Star Wars land) has no space for a permanent M&G area. I was in TSL in November on a cool day, I can't imagine how the characters (or the guests) will be on a hot summer day trying to meet Buzz, Woody or Jessie. Plus the areas they were in just wasn't accommodating for large crowds. The Buzz M&G in Tomorrowland is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest