News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny in that, while I am really, really excited for Rise of the Resistance, I feel like I *know* it will be really good - but the Falcon ride I think *could* be amazing and have tons of re-rideability and just sort of be a game changer for the simulation type ride with it being dynamically rendered - but it also could not work well and be a bit of a disappointment

I'm catching up on the thread from the last few days of travel, but the Rise of the Resistance looks/sounds amazing and dark rides are hit or miss for me. However if Falcon is not the damned best ride I've ever been on I will be disappointed.

Interesting.
As it seems they are tearing up the track for the Speedway, my guess is it will be shorter now? It's length was pretty nice (compared to similar old rides at other parks (most of which have probably all long been demolished). (I know King's Dominion still has Antique Cars).

Do we have any details of what the new track will look like or if the ride will get any other enhancements while it is down?

Interesting.
As it seems they are tearing up the track for the Speedway, my guess is it will be shorter now? It's length was pretty nice (compared to similar old rides at other parks (most of which have probably all long been demolished). (I know King's Dominion still has Antique Cars).

Do we have any details of what the new track will look like or if the ride will get any other enhancements while it is down?
Yes the track will be shortened a bit to make room for Tron.

Not surprisingly, the future is that we will all be paying $100 a month for 10 streaming services instead of $100 a month for cable/satellite.

The other likely outcome is a cable/satellite package that groups in several streaming services as well. They may have to provide an a la cart style package to compete.

However, I think the next step will be that we will see the merger/death of many of the 250 cable channels that exist now. There's lots of channels out there that if people had to pay specifically for that channel, they wouldn't survive.

Myself, I feel "stuck" with cable because of wanting to see my local hockey teams games. I can see OTHER teams game by subscribing on-line, but my own team is blocked out...this is going to have to be address eventually too.

Yeah, but you can cancel and open up streaming services with not penalty at any time with a tap of a few buttons on your phone and the content you want will most likely still be there.

Not surprisingly, the future is that we will all be paying $100 a month for 10 streaming services instead of $100 a month for cable/satellite.

The other likely outcome is a cable/satellite package that groups in several streaming services as well. They may have to provide an a la cart style package to compete.

However, I think the next step will be that we will see the merger/death of many of the 250 cable channels that exist now. There's lots of channels out there that if people had to pay specifically for that channel, they wouldn't survive.

Myself, I feel "stuck" with cable because of wanting to see my local hockey teams games. I can see OTHER teams game by subscribing on-line, but my own team is blocked out...this is going to have to be address eventually too.
VPN...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter