News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
News

New hours at Trader Sams per Tikiman

A note from one of the Skippers.

"Aloha ahoy and aha! This is your friendly neighborhood Skipper Nick with an important update about Trader Sam's Grog Grotto. Effective immediately, 3-24-19. We will have new hours of operations!!!! The grotto will be open from 3pm-12am EVERYDAY and the terrace will be open from 3pm-11pm EVERYDAY. Dont ask why this is happening, I don't make them rules I just follow them and let you know so you don't get upset. Mahalo kids and we will see you in line at 230 "

And a few years ago, some thought SeaWorld Orlando was dead. They keep soldiering on.
I hope SeaWorld can continue to soldier on. We did a long weekend trip there in November and it was awesome! We spent 2 full days at the parks and enjoyed every minute of it! They mix the animals and rides together very well IMO :) This new Sesame Street area looks great, I'm just sad that around the time we go back, my girls will probably be 8 and 12 and may not be that interested in Sesame Street.

Last edited:

The sprawling nature of the park really makes it look like all that space circled in is a good spot for a new land. I know that's all backstage buildings and such, but boy does it trick the eye.

View attachment 390635

Addition to Toy Story land, perhaps? :rolleyes1

It would take a lot of work to move and change that area. Right next to TSL you have a cast parking garage. Then around that you have all the old studio buildings now used for various other things. While yes they could move all of that I don’t see it happening anytime soon.

It would take a lot of work to move and change that area. Right next to TSL you have a cast parking garage. Then around that you have all the old studio buildings now used for various other things. While yes they could move all of that I don’t see it happening anytime soon.
In the future I could see them relocating some of the service areas across world drive and creating some sort of bridge to connect it to the park. Of course this is just a blue sky dream, and I have no idea the logistics that would need to go into that

NEWS

Beauty and the Beast themed bar to replace Mizner's Lounge at Grand Floridian

http://blogmickey.com/2019/03/beaut...to-replace-mizners-lounge-at-grand-floridian/

The plans call for three rooms when the retheme is completed:

- The current Mizner’s Lounge area will be themed to the library from Beast’s Castle and will have tables and sofas as a seating area.

- Commander Porter’s mens clothing shop will transform into the ballroom and feature the main bar, which is said to be a u-shaped bar.

- Finally, the hallway outside of the patio will be themed to “the woods”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter