News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Jedi Training Academy times are showing on the schedule beyond 1/12/18. I'm hoping just a random issue but does anybody here have any insider knowledge on this one? Could a "cost saving" maneuver be coming here?? Hoping I'm just blowing smoke here and all is well for our trip at the end of the month.

I hope it's not canceled. I have a six-year-old who will be devastated this month if it's not on. He's been waiting to do this for years! . We're a SF family as well!!

Agreed! I'm a sucker. We didn't get a regular Donald one when we got our APs back in September :(

Now I'm wondering where were we supposed to be able to get the Goofy ones? I might ask when we're there next weekend. Last December we did a random weekend trip but it was busy and late and it seemed like the Mickey with lights one last year would be gone, so I didn't even ask. But then we went in January and happened to buy a shirt at DHS, and they were like oh did you get your Christmas magnet? No? Here's 4!
Ugh. We were there in December and didn't realize there were AP magnets :(

Yes wholeheartedly agree, I don't take a lot of stock in crowd calendars anymore because of that factor is it pure crowd feel? Wait times? A combination of both? There can be a lot of people out and walking around but there's plenty of FPs available or wait times are moderate because all vehicles are running. Obviously as we've seen the opposite is happening as well.
I watched the TP Youtube video today....and I learned that the crowd calendars are definitely NOT based on how many people were in the parks, but by wait times for rides.

Goodbye Dark Side Chicken & Waffles... I didn't have a chance to get them on my 2016 trip and unless they serve them at Oga's Cantina in 2019 it looks like I'll never have them :(

I don't disagree with you, however I think Disney has already built in their safety net.
Raise the prices, then discount it deeply later if they think they need it, therefore "lowering" the prices back to the new norm.
People are always expecting "30% off". Who really pays full rack rate? Well, let the people that absolutely positively have to be there first, pay sky high rates. Especially since california doesn't have the disney owned bed base to capitalize on the big crowds, that money has to come in via the gate.

The States of Florida and Georgia are safety nets for Disney World. There are over 31 million people living in those two states. If demand falls, all Disney has to do is offer a Florida/Georgia resident offer on tickets and/or rooms. Since most of those people would drive to Disney, they don't need a ton of advance planning to take advantage of those types of offers.

I wish I had access to all the MyMagic+ data. It would be fascinating to see if people using those types of discounted tickets (like the current "Discover Disney" offer) spend more or less than Annual Passholders or out-of-state/foreign visitors.

I hope it's not canceled. I have a six-year-old who will be devastated this month if it's not on. He's been waiting to do this for years! . We're a SF family as well!!
They have extended Jedi Training to 1/19. It seems they’re just keeping the schedule tight. :)

Bethel Park here now. I’m an alumni of SF though and still a huge football fan of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter