News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any idea why TP would list MK with a crowd level of 1 for Friday, 8/31 which is the beginning of the holiday weekend and have Monday, Labour Day as a 4 ?

Friday is a Halloween party. The park will likely be empty in the morning, or at least relatively as it is an EMH day. By 4 PM will be more crowded.

We will be at the park that morning, so I'll let you know if it's really a one.

At least it looks like Poe and Finn will have some scenes together.

Doubt that the horses will stay horses.
Thank goodness. Thinking about how the Last Jedi ruined so much that was set up in Force Awakens (like the emerging "buddy" friendship of Finn and Poe). Having no screen time together in the last movie was disappointing. (Well that and other things that hasn't already been said). Make these characters likable again JJ!

Thank goodness. Thinking about how the Last Jedi ruined so much that was set up in Force Awakens (like the emerging "buddy" friendship of Finn and Poe). Having no screen time together in the last movie was disappointing. (Well that and other things that hasn't already been said). Make these characters likable again JJ!

I loved those two together.

They had a tiny bit of screen time together in last Jedi but I wanted more.

I think that's one thing I disliked about last Jedi. All the main three: Poe, Finn and Rey had great chemistry together (except obviously Rey and poe who didn't meet). Then last Jedi takes them all away from each other.

I loved those two together.

They had a tiny bit of screen time together in last Jedi but I wanted more.

I think that's one thing I disliked about last Jedi. All the main three: Poe, Finn and Rey had great chemistry together (except obviously Rey and poe who didn't meet). Then last Jedi takes them all away from each other.
The problem with having a different director for each movie. There was no "vision" for the entire trilogy as a whole .. just a new director who just wanted the story to go in his own direction (too much). Either Rian ignored the things JJ set up in VII or JJ just never shared his ideas. *shrug*. I am glad JJ has the reins over IX as opposed to yet another director.

The problem with having a different director for each movie. There was no "vision" for the entire trilogy as a whole .. just a new director who just wanted the story to go in his own direction (too much). Either Rian ignored the things JJ set up in VII or JJ just never shared his ideas. *shrug*. I am glad JJ has the reins over IX as opposed to yet another director.
Different directors worked pretty well for the original trilogy. The problem is they had no plan for the trilogy. No arcs were written beforehand, Rian Johnson was given nearly full control of where to take the story and naturally he disagreed with Abrams on where to go. It lead to a story that doesn't feel like a trilogy. You don't need every detail written but having some sort of idea of where you're heading is fairly important to coherence.

Different directors worked pretty well for the original trilogy. The problem is they had no plan for the trilogy. No arcs were written beforehand, Rian Johnson was given nearly full control of where to take the story and naturally he disagreed with Abrams on where to go. It lead to a story that doesn't feel like a trilogy. You don't need every detail written but having some sort of idea of where you're heading is fairly important to coherence.
Right .. the "Luke Skywalker map" thing from Force Awakens felt like a typical JJ Abrams "MacGuffin" where something is there for a plot device, but it never feels like he writes those to a conclusion. We've seen it in Alias, Lost, etc. He loves a good mystery to draw us in, but never seems to have a good conclusion to that mystery.

So in all likelihood, even Abrams didn't know where the Force Awakens plot was going to go. What happens when they find Luke? What happens with the galaxy after the government is blown up and the enemies giant weapon is destroyed (apparently nothing).

I always thought the second movie should have been about the search for Luke, a chase through space trying to get to him.

So I agree. . .that is the downside to this trilogy .. some great, fun new characters, but no coherent 3-part plot.

Right .. the "Luke Skywalker map" thing from Force Awakens

even Abrams didn't know where the Force Awakens plot was going to go. What happens when they find Luke? .

Well the obvious choice would not be tossing the saber and saying I "hid" (like a scaredy cat) so nobody would find me (hence....the map).

Well the obvious choice would not be tossing the saber and saying I "hid" (like a scaredy cat) so nobody would find me (hence....the map).
Stop it . .don't get me started. Was Rian so blind he didn't see all the gaping plot holes he created? Why would Luke Skywalker create a MAP if he wanted to be a hermit? Even so, how did the map get separated? Why? This isn't a pirates treasure.

Stop it . .don't get me started. Was Rian so blind he didn't see all the gaping plot holes he created? Why would Luke Skywalker create a MAP if he wanted to be a hermit? Even so, how did the map get separated? Why? This isn't a pirates treasure.

giphy.gif

C-3PO did it because they're all jerks to droids.

Kinda related but were those Haunted Mansion doom buggy figures limited edition? Just went to see if they're being sold online and they're going for 45 bucks on ebay (they retail for 15).
They were on ShopDisney. Not sure if they sold out on there. They sold out in the parks fairly quickly. Not sure if they got more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!