News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

So I know I will get heat for this but I am not really into the whole pin thing ... but I actually think these are pretty cool and would be fun to put some in my Disney backpack or something similar

I am loving these patches!

We just moved and our Disney World backpack that we bought at the parks years ago is buried in storage somewhere. We are going to WDW in 9 days, so I told DH we should buy a plain backpack and add these patches to it. There goes my souvenir money ...

I am all for reducing waste where it makes sense but just not sure this is the best way to do it. Those paper cups are designed so some of the structural integrity comes from when the lid is on - and obviously will be more spilling.

Can they refill a reusable mug that I bring from home or something? I know there are health code laws or something but seems like enabling that or allowing the reusable mugs to be used in the parks would reduce even more waste than just not having lids

I am all for reducing waste where it makes sense but just not sure this is the best way to do it. Those paper cups are designed so some of the structural integrity comes from when the lid is on - and obviously will be more spilling.

Can they refill a reusable mug that I bring from home or something? I know there are health code laws or something but seems like enabling that or allowing the reusable mugs to be used in the parks would reduce even more waste than just not having lids
Just pour it into your reusable mug. We always do that with our water. Waste of a cup which is sad but still works for any health code.

Just pour it into your reusable mug. We always do that with our water. Waste of a cup which is sad but still works for any health code.

I guess we will do that - though does feel like a waste of a cup. Generally we just get water anyway and tend to bring some with us to the parks. But if the kids have something sugary/sticky/etc no way I will risk them not having a lid

Walt Disney World and union reach tentative deal for $15/hour wages by 2021
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-bz-disney-union-contract-20180822-story.html

Sounds like the cast members are getting gifts for the 50th.

Obviously the details matter in any negotiation but on the surface to staedily increase minimum pay up to $15, give out the $1,000 and this on top of the paying for some higher education I think this is all good for CMs and seems like a reasonable offer from disney

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter