News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if and at what Time the magic kingdom reached capacity on Christmas this year. The crowd pictures always makes MK look crazy this time of year, but I dont remember hearing about capacity being reached.

Has anyone ever heard what the capacity is for Disney Springs (if there is one)? I was there on the 15th and it was insane.
I’m just wondering how many people that area can hold, especially with a new garage, the NBA experience, a new cirque show and new restaurants all coming soon.

There was zero parking that night and it was shoulder to shoulder everywhere. Worse than any parks we went to.

Has anyone ever heard what the capacity is for Disney Springs (if there is one)? I was there on the 15th and it was insane.
I’m just wondering how many people that area can hold, especially with a new garage, the NBA experience, a new cirque show and new restaurants all coming soon.

There was zero parking that night and it was shoulder to shoulder everywhere. Worse than any parks we went to.
Not sure there is a capacity closure system for Disney Springs. It’s free and non ticketed. Each store surely has a capacity but overall I’m not sure there is.

They don’t have the same fire marshal capacity issues that the theme park with “gates” has. Capacity has to do with fire marshal standard for what’s considered an enclosed space.

And it’s off topic nonsense that isn’t needed.

It wasn't off topic, LOL. Someone wanted to keep the news thread going to reach 1000 before New Years. So I told an interesting tale of dog poop I saw that was in the shape of our favorite mouse. It's like Jesus toast and aliens, it exists Rteetz.

There is no specific need to make this thread 1000 pages. It’s successful without that. Let’s just stick to the news topics at hand. Please and thank you.

Excuuuse me. Lets get back to talking about important topics like the new "Up" themed ears or Millennium Pink magicbands.

Yep. I’m already in prep mode for the official Star Wars planning thread. Going to be a big year.
I do not envy you at all with that :D:P.

But sorta on topic sorta not but is there going to be a separate thread do you know for the DLR one vs the WDW or will it be just one big thread?

I do not envy you at all with that :D:P.

But sorta on topic sorta not but is there going to be a separate thread do you know for the DLR one vs the WDW or will it be just one big thread?
There was some debate about that in our inner circles. As of right now we plan on one major one on the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies board. It’s possible that could change.

There was some debate about that in our inner circles. As of right now we plan on one major one on the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies board. It’s possible that could change.
I think this is the way to go. The most natural place that people will be looking for this type of info, and a dedicated thread definitely seems right. :thumbsup2

Thank you!

Normally it wouldn't be too too big of a deal for me as I'd be likely to only look at the WDW one but with me going to DLR next year (and a good possibility of being able to go again after it's opened there) I was hoping I wouldn't have to look at two threads over time.

If it changes no biggie but I do like the idea of just one big thread.

It might need its own sub-forum...I can’t imagine it will be easy to manage/read one thread that deals with strategies AND rides AND restaurants AND any interactive elements, shows, etc. AND comparisons between parks AND who knows what else. But, I’m sure everyone has an opinion on this - which is why you have “inner circles” make the decisions. :teeth:

It might need its own sub-forum...I can’t imagine it will be easy to manage/read one thread that deals with strategies AND rides AND restaurants AND any interactive elements, shows, etc. AND comparisons between parks AND who knows what else. But, I’m sure everyone has an opinion on this - which is why you have “inner circles” make the decisions. :teeth:
It’s worked well for Pandora and Toy Story Land. Obviously there wasn’t one on each coast for those. Things will definitely be crazy for Star Wars no matter what we do.

Interesting thought... I know I pushed for a LONG TIME for a dedicated rD forum and I'm glad we now have one! I could see them not opting to do a sub-forum just because the need is more temporary... but I could ALSO imagine a lot of "first trip since SWGE opened" questions for quite a while so maybe it would make sense...

I'll be happy with whatever they decide, as long as it has a dedicated monster thread but that Mods ALSO allow one-off questions and don't merge EVERYTHING into the monster thread. That just becomes too tough to follow and/or get a quick answer IMO.

My unsolicited two cents... :rolleyes1

Interesting thought... I know I pushed for a LONG TIME for a dedicated rD forum and I'm glad we now have one! I could see them not opting to do a sub-forum just because the need is more temporary... but I could ALSO imagine a lot of "first trip since SWGE opened" questions for quite a while so maybe it would make sense...

I'll be happy with whatever they decide, as long as it has a dedicated monster thread but that Mods ALSO allow one-off questions and don't merge EVERYTHING into the monster thread. That just becomes too tough to follow and/or get a quick answer IMO.

My unsolicited two cents... :rolleyes1
I also pushed for a rD forum for a long time.

Sub forums are an interesting thought as they can be merged with other sections once activity dies down a bit.

As far as merging with simple questions we tend to do that so we don’t have 50 of the same topic threads out there.

Not that the inner circle asked me or anything, but I do think it makes sense to have one as I think people will be looking for the same info (about the rides, and dining, etc. ) so if you had two you'd basically have a duplicate just 6 months of posts behind the other

The subforum is an interesting idea - either that or like a master thread and then links to threads that cover the individual elements in more detail ... so you have a deeper thread about the dining options in the restaurant board and the master thread has the basic info and then the link to the "deeper" thread or whatever

No matter what you do I am sure you will get the same question 100 times in 20 different places

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter