News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHS had even less at its low point so that’s never going to happen.
Those were some dark days...for people that are all about rides there were only 4 attractions where you actually moved in the park (Star Tours, TSMM, TT, RnR) :sad::scared1:

Luckily we also enjoy all the characters and shows and were still able to make 2 full days out of that park despite all the closures. DHS never really was ride focused so with all these new expansions they'll have more rides than ever (9 in total I think?)

True but I think some of the new attractions aren’t being considered with capacity in mind. Look at FoP. Brilliant ride but 90+ waits constantly because of the low capacity.

The theoretical and actual hourly capacity of FoP is actually very close to 7DMT. It's not low capacity, but high demand that makes the lines so long. Both of those operate at around 200 pph less than Rock N Roller Coaster so comparable enough.

The theoretical and actual hourly capacity of FoP is actually very close to 7DMT. It's not low capacity, but high demand that makes the lines so long. Both of those operate at around 200 pph less than Rock N Roller Coaster so comparable enough.
7DMT train isn’t a blockbuster attraction like FoP though. FoP also has the issue of theaters going down and creating even less capacity. They probably should’ve built 5-6 theaters for FoP instead of 4.

Would sell more for sure!

why would they want to sell more? APs can cost Disney potential $$ for example me and my wife spend over 21 days in park this year with our AP and we in Ohio thats 42 days of admissions. At even rock bottom Disney priceing if we were some how to have bought them in the the 10 day bunches at about 55 dollars per day, Disney would have made over 2300 form us. Instead of that Disney only made about 1600 from us. so that is a 700 dollar loss before you even counted the money they lost from Photopass, parking, room discounts, and food and merch discounts.

APs are a great perk and allow alot of us to go multiple times per year. But in saying this as a non syncical person. If Disney was to open up the AP to guests outside of florida, they would have increased costs for managing this, as well as it would make it easier for people to game the system. Say for example i bought at AP and was going for 14 days by myself. I could easily get a AP pay only 1/12 of the cost which would make it about the cost of a 1 day pass, as well as get discounts on food, room and other things. I could then Disapear before my next monthly payment, and Disney would have the problem of tracking me down and billing me or whatever. Yes Disney could cancel my AP but I already went on my vacation paid less then a 1 day ticket as well as was able to get discounts on food and lodgeing.. So I could abuse the system to easily and it could cost disney money on the bottom line.

At least by making it a bill that Out of Staters have to pay up front, makes it so Disney only looses potential revenue to the Discounts they already have in place.

Disney can get away with this at least in So Cal and Florida because these people would tend to be day guests and would be less likely to fully use some of the other discounts.

Now in saying that I love my AP and would even think about getting the Platinum Passport if I was going to have a DL trip in the same year as my WDW trips but I can see why Disney doesnt allow all passes to eveyone being something you can put out over 12 payments

7DMT train isn’t a blockbuster attraction like FoP though. FoP also has the issue of theaters going down and creating even less capacity. They probably should’ve built 5-6 theaters for FoP instead of 4.

I could be wrong (and now I'm curious!) but I think the actual operational capacity takes into account delays/ride down time and it's basically identical to 7DMT at that level too. Though I agree they should have built additional theaters - but I don't know if they quite anticipated the level of interest it has hit, or how long it would remain a high demand ride.

Final point they should lower admission to Epcot .If I want a one day pass for Epcot only I should get in for less then a Hundred .I mainly go to eat at the great restaurants.

if they didn't lower admission for when a good chunk of DHS was under construction they won't lower EPCOT

and to each there own - we spend multiple days every trip at EPCOT - and, yes we eat there, but most of the time is with attractions and character meets and just exploring and taking in the details and enjoying all the music, etc.

why would they want to sell more? APs can cost Disney potential $$ for example me and my wife spend over 21 days in park this year with our AP and we in Ohio thats 42 days of admissions. At even rock bottom Disney priceing if we were some how to have bought them in the the 10 day bunches at about 55 dollars per day, Disney would have made over 2300 form us. Instead of that Disney only made about 1600 from us. so that is a 700 dollar loss before you even counted the money they lost from Photopass, parking, room discounts, and food and merch discounts.

APs are a great perk and allow alot of us to go multiple times per year. But in saying this as a non syncical person. If Disney was to open up the AP to guests outside of florida, they would have increased costs for managing this, as well as it would make it easier for people to game the system. Say for example i bought at AP and was going for 14 days by myself. I could easily get a AP pay only 1/12 of the cost which would make it about the cost of a 1 day pass, as well as get discounts on food, room and other things. I could then Disapear before my next monthly payment, and Disney would have the problem of tracking me down and billing me or whatever. Yes Disney could cancel my AP but I already went on my vacation paid less then a 1 day ticket as well as was able to get discounts on food and lodgeing.. So I could abuse the system to easily and it could cost disney money on the bottom line.

At least by making it a bill that Out of Staters have to pay up front, makes it so Disney only looses potential revenue to the Discounts they already have in place.

Disney can get away with this at least in So Cal and Florida because these people would tend to be day guests and would be less likely to fully use some of the other discounts.

Now in saying that I love my AP and would even think about getting the Platinum Passport if I was going to have a DL trip in the same year as my WDW trips but I can see why Disney doesnt allow all passes to eveyone being something you can put out over 12 payments
Exactly all of this! :thumbsup2

wasn't the original plan for Pandora to have 3 attractions with another E-ticket included as well?

Just thinking when you start out, and think about 4 fully operation theaters for FoP as 1 of 2 main E-ticket rides in the land, that seems fine "on paper" ... reality of that being the main draw and often not all 4 theaters being up and running sounds a lot less optimal

wasn't the original plan for Pandora to have 3 attractions with another E-ticket included as well?

Just thinking when you start out, and think about 4 fully operation theaters for FoP as 1 of 2 main E-ticket rides in the land, that seems fine "on paper" ... reality of that being the main draw and often not all 4 theaters being up and running sounds a lot less optimal
Correct, the original plan had 3.

Correct, the original plan had 3.

yeah, so demand on FoP would have been a lot less if it was only one of 3 attractions (an 1 of 2 E-tickets) vs what we got. Not saying that excuses things, they could have adapted the plan and added more theaters once the 3rd attraction got cut. Just saying sometimes things look fine on paper but then in reality not the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter