News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

They could do it like BoG where the Beast only meets in the lobby but makes his way through the room every half-hour ... Snow could tables and then once every 30 minutes, the Dwarves heigh ho through the dining room to meet guests as they exit.

AP just isn’t set up to really have characters other than face characters rotate through tables.

So, one other thing. Riding Space Mountain yesterday, they had everyone going out the back of the building instead of the usual exit. You got pretty close to the Tron construction, so I took a picture. The construction is way back from the park, after walking around the building you had to cross the railroad tracks and come around near that back path that goes behind the speedway. Construction seems to be nothing but a pile of dirt for now.tron.jpg

That drink photo raises another question. Without lids, how are they keeping track of which drink is which? Some places uses straws (maybe like above?) but straws are supposed to be out. In my group we typically have one regular coke, one DP and one diet coke in our group. Are we expected to taste test everyone's drinks now?

That drink photo raises another question. Without lids, how are they keeping track of which drink is which? Some places uses straws (maybe like above?) but straws are supposed to be out. In my group we typically have one regular coke, one DP and one diet coke in our group. Are we expected to taste test everyone's drinks now?

If you look at the photo, the diet Cokes had a stir stick in them, while the regular Coke had no stick.

Edit: the more I think about the lid thing, I wonder if they are actually telling the truth about this being a waste reduction thing. I seriously doubt the cost savings is even a penny a drink. Though I bet they will eventually roll it back and do something like "lids upon request" when enough people are spilling their drinks into their food.

Len Testa posted on twitter saying "Rumor is that upcoming Wilderness Lodge's Artist Point re-do will be Snow White/7 Dwarfs character dinner. Possible breakfast, lunch additions later."
Any ideas on when we might get official word?

Maybe October because that's when the refurb is rumored to take place.
I knew it was October, and I thought I saw some ADRs had opened it a bit further but I can’t keep up. I wasn’t sure how long it would be once it goes down for refurb that it would reopen.

I knew it was October, and I thought I saw some ADRs had opened it a bit further but I can’t keep up. I wasn’t sure how long it would be once it goes down for refurb that it would reopen.

I saw on the boards a few weeks ago that many were able to get reservations for November. So maybe November it could open but I'm only guessing. I would imagine they would want this open by the holiday season.

If you look at the photo, the diet Cokes had a stir stick in them, while the regular Coke had no stick.

Edit: the more I think about the lid thing, I wonder if they are actually telling the truth about this being a waste reduction thing. I seriously doubt the cost savings is even a penny a drink. Though I bet they will eventually roll it back and do something like "lids upon request" when enough people are spilling their drinks into their food.

I was at Cosmic Ray's yesterday. I can confirm both. Wood stirrers were in the diet sodas and when I requested, a lid was provided for the adult drinks (kids drinks already had a lid).

I was in Magic Kingdom for rope drop this morning and there was a line of maybe 300 people waiting for the Funko Splash Mountain release. People buying as many as they could carry. Kinda sad, clearly a "sell it on ebay situation". They really should limit these sales to 2 or 3 per person.
We were at the first MNSSHP last Friday and there was one particular family that was doing this with the pins. Each family member had grabbed the max allowed (maybe 50?) and took up the entire checkout counter while the poor cast members had to ring each one out one at a time. They were so proud of themselves when they made it through and got all they could. I nearly strained my eyes rolling them as they walked past me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter