News Round Up 2017

You should see it - I've seen all 3 and Kubo did get robbed...I saw it only b/c my kids wanted to see it, and I had such low expectations, and they were blown away (in fact, the ending had me crying)...the Disney movies did not evoke nearly that emotion this year...plus the depth of Kubo far exceeded both Disney movies...

Now, I have Zooptopia an A and Moana a B, so they at least picked the right Disney movie if they were gonna pass over Kubo...but watch Kubo all the way to the end...
Understandable. Kubo just didn't look that great to me from the previews. Maybe I'll eventually see it. Personally I did get emotionally moved with Moana, and I felt Moana was better than Zootopia by just a bit. Both Disney films were quite good in my opinion though.

Consensus on Twitter is Kubo got robbed. I didn't see Kubo but it didn't seem appealing to me while I loved both Zootopia and Moana.
I haven't seen Kubo yet either, but I do like Laika's other films (aside from the Boxtrolls) so I will watch it eventually.

Consensus on Twitter is Kubo got robbed. I didn't see Kubo but it didn't seem appealing to me while I loved both Zootopia and Moana.

Kubo is a masterpiece in terms of visual development, effects and design, but as a whole, Zootopia was just a better movie in my opinion. Zootopia was the top rated film of the year at rotten tomatoes for a reason.

Though I have to say, a lot of people expected Kubo to win because of the Studio Laika snub at the Oscars, and because Disney has been winning the Oscar for best animated feature for decades.

Kubo is a masterpiece in terms of visual development, effects and design, but as a whole, Zootopia was just a better movie in my opinion. Zootopia was the top rated film of the year at rotten tomatoes for a reason.

Though I have to say, a lot of people expected Kubo to win because of the Studio Laika snub at the Oscars, and because Disney has been winning the Oscar for best animated feature for decades.
Zootopia had a great message and one that kids and adults could both understand. Some on twitter were very against Zootopia and called it a terrible film and I really disagree with that.

Zootopia had a great message and one that kids and adults could both understand. Some on twitter were very against Zootopia and called it a terrible film and I really disagree with that.

I guess it's just a matter of preference. We all want our favorite team to win... I can see their point, though. When Disney is basically in charge of the event and their films win the category for 10 years in a row, it can be kind of discouraging for other studios doing amazing stuff. Then again, it's been said that many members of the Academy will ask their children what their favorite animated movie was before making a decision.

And great for Jungle Book. That film was truly an achievement in terms of sfx.

I guess it's just a matter of preference. We all want our favorite team to win... I can see their point, though. When Disney is basically in charge of the event and their films win the category for 10 years in a row, it can be kind of discouraging for other studios doing amazing stuff. Then again, it's been said that many members of the Academy will ask their children what their favorite animated movie was before making a decision.

And great for Jungle Book. That film was truly an achievement in terms of sfx.

I definitely got the sense that a lot of people wish kobu got more attention/love/support than it did - not that Zootopia (or Moana) were bad or that Kobu was "robbed" but just that it too was a very good movie and a lot of people don't know that because the Disney movies got so much attention

Well it's actually interesting because that means many people believe the AA is life like which is good. That AA is so incredible in itself I can't wait to see the rest of the land.
When we were watching one of the other ads I believe it was last week my husband was like was that an animatronic?? I was like "yup" and he was just really amazed at how well done it was. For some reason that got him excited for Pandora :rotfl2:meanwhile I'm sitting here like the whole land itself got me real excited to see it in person.

How were the crowds? we have a whole crew going this coming friday filling a GV.....
at the DVC party? admittedly it was my first at the MK, but I never waited more than 5-10 minutes for any rides. loved it :D character meets looked quite manageable too but we didn't do those. the food lines became pretty long at times but I don't know how that translated into a wait time. we were close to Pinocchio's so we got in right away at the start.
I wouldn't say we saw many 5 minute waits, but generally less than 20 minutes at most of the major attractions.

If I had to compare, I would say it was about half the crowd that you typically see at a Halloween or Christmas party. The worst lines seemed to be for the free food, and for some of the character meets. We got about 6 rides and 4 character meets plus the two sets of fireworks and the dance party in the 5 hours we were in the park. (The park was pretty crowded from 8 PM when we could get in until 10 PM.

My advice is that if you want to meet some particular character - then getting in line for that character 5-10 minutes before 10 PM would be the wisest choice. I wish we had gotten in line for Rapunzel and Flynn Rider right away, instead of 30 minutes in, so we didn't spend 40 minutes of the 3 hours waiting for the one character.

Wow that was very test track in the beginning. It has to either be a small homage or an indicator that test track might get some cars 3 references in the future.

It seems like they want to get more IP into EPCOT - I would think it wouldn't be too hard to update Test Track to be Cars themed ... obviously you couldn't have the whole monument valley like in California - but you could design you Cars car and then add in the animatronics to the inside part instead of the "testing" stuff

You should see it - I've seen all 3 and Kubo did get robbed...I saw it only b/c my kids wanted to see it, and I had such low expectations, and they were blown away (in fact, the ending had me crying)...the Disney movies did not evoke nearly that emotion this year...plus the depth of Kubo far exceeded both Disney movies....

I agree with this. Kubo was bloody brilliant. Both visually/technically and story-wise. Zootopia was not undeserving but Kubo is probably the best animated movie I've seen since probably "Inside Out". The kindest thing I can say about it is it would be totally believable that this was a real Japanese fable, even though I don't think any of it is. It felt like the best blend of Disney/Pixar.

Seriously, if you love animation, you should rent this movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter