News Round Up 2017

Apologize if its been mentioned someone already but..... I was watching Tim Tracker's video from today and he was at a MK DVC event. The event had a special fireworks display containing music from movies being featured in the new Happily Ever After fireworks. Does anyone think this was a preview of the new show (without the projections and lasers)?]

So I was at the event last night. We were in fantasyland when the fireworks were going off. They were very impressive, and clearly coordinate to the music, which made me think something similar, that they couldn't have put that much work into something for two nights. The songs were very modern takes on Disney classics, which I think would be a mistake for a show that will be around for years, but otherwise, I think it was a "bigger" show than wishes, but didn't have th emotional heft, so i am hoping it wasn't a version of the new show...or at least only a test of some parts of it.

So I was at the event last night. We were in fantasyland when the fireworks were going off. They were very impressive, and clearly coordinate to the music, which made me think something similar, that they couldn't have put that much work into something for two nights. The songs were very modern takes on Disney classics, which I think would be a mistake for a show that will be around for years, but otherwise, I think it was a "bigger" show than wishes, but didn't have th emotional heft, so i am hoping it wasn't a version of the new show...or at least only a test of some parts of it.

Were the fireworks at midnight? Trying to plan for next Friday. Not going to the party but might like to see them from ToTWL.

If it was a preview of the new show (or some element of it) glad to hear you found the fireworks to be impressive

I am still holding out hope that the new show has some of the emotion of Wishes. I got some of those similar *feels* from the clip of the original song created for the show - so I am cautiously optimistic

If it was a preview of the new show (or some element of it) glad to hear you found the fireworks to be impressive

I am still holding out hope that the new show has some of the emotion of Wishes. I got some of those similar *feels* from the clip of the original song created for the show - so I am cautiously optimistic

If I'm not mistaken DVC did an event like this last year with a special fireworks show. The show had the modern take on many Disney songs, which I can't see happening in the new show. I also believe it was more pyro than Wishes which of course doesn't quite match the whole rumor that the new show will have less pyro than Wishes. I haven't watched video of last nights show yet but it does sound like the same one they put out last year.

Were the fireworks at midnight? Trying to plan for next Friday. Not going to the party but might like to see them from ToTWL.

They were supposed to be midnight - but actually went off about 12:12, after they announced they would go off at 12:15 AM.

If I'm not mistaken DVC did an event like this last year with a special fireworks show. The show had the modern take on many Disney songs, which I can't see happening in the new show. I also believe it was more pyro than Wishes which of course doesn't quite match the whole rumor that the new show will have less pyro than Wishes. I haven't watched video of last nights show yet but it does sound like the same one they put out last year.

I would not be surprised if it is a standard "special event" type show. As I said in my original comment - it was clearly choreographed with the music, so therefore wasn't something they just threw together...but the modern takes on the songs doesn't feel like something they would do for the typical night-time spectacular.

I have a hard time believing they are going to cut the pyro that much for the new show. Wishes has already been pared down quite a bit. I am hoping they realize that they need to make something at least as good as wishes, especially with no night-time parade in sight.

I also have to say - it was extremely cool to see TWO different fireworks shows in the same night. Glad I got to see Wishes one more time.

Not really news, but know someone that took a finance job with Reedy Creek Improvement District. As someone in finance myself, I said it would be fascinating to get a glimpse of their CapEx. Their response was "almost $700 million of infrastructure fun!" :eek:

I know the saying around here is TOTS, but there's no denying between the work at the theme parks, resorts and transportation networks, they're spending some serious $$$$.

How were the crowds? we have a whole crew going this coming friday filling a GV.....

Not really news, but know someone that took a finance job with Reedy Creek Improvement District. As someone in finance myself, I said it would be fascinating to get a glimpse of their CapEx. Their response was "almost $700 million of infrastructure fun!" :eek:

I know the saying around here is TOTS, but there's no denying between the work at the theme parks, resorts and transportation networks, they're spending some serious $$$$.
No doubt even in maintenance and operating costs Disney is spending millions every year.

How were the crowds? we have a whole crew going this coming friday filling a GV.....

at the DVC party? admittedly it was my first at the MK, but I never waited more than 5-10 minutes for any rides. loved it :D character meets looked quite manageable too but we didn't do those. the food lines became pretty long at times but I don't know how that translated into a wait time. we were close to Pinocchio's so we got in right away at the start.

Last edited:
at the DVC party? admittedly it was my first at the MK, but I never waited more than 5-10 minutes for any rides. loved it :D character meets looked quite manageable too but we didn't do those. the food lines became pretty long at times but I don't know how that translated into a wait time. we were close to Pinocchio's so we got in right away at the start.
cool. thanks

Consensus on Twitter is Kubo got robbed. I didn't see Kubo but it didn't seem appealing to me while I loved both Zootopia and Moana.

You should see it - I've seen all 3 and Kubo did get robbed...I saw it only b/c my kids wanted to see it, and I had such low expectations, and they were blown away (in fact, the ending had me crying)...the Disney movies did not evoke nearly that emotion this year...plus the depth of Kubo far exceeded both Disney movies...

Now, I gave Zooptopia an A (Kubo also got an A) and Moana a B, so they at least picked the right Disney movie if they were gonna pass over Kubo...but watch Kubo all the way to the end...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter