News Round Up 2017

Tickets are now available in some movie theaters for the encore screening of the Disney's Broadway Musical, Newsies, this Saturday, March 4th. Depending on the theater, and their schedule, some theaters might not be selling tickets yet however (like where I live). The movie theater advised for me to keep checking.

You can purchase tickets here: https://www.fathomevents.com/events/disneys-newsies-the-broadway-musical

Photo update

Volcano Bay aerial update

http://mickeyxtreme.net/blog/new-set-of-volcano-bay-aerials

I know this is just a water park but this opens in May and I'm starting to wonder how they will get it done. Avatar while only a land opens in May and looks further along than this.
I saw Disneyhead on WDWMagic Universal forums said that we should expect certain attractions to not open with the park. For the pricing they're trying to command, I do think everything should be functional, but they have to beat the summer rush. Waiting a month or two to visit wouldn't hurt, but then you miss out on the new park vibes. Tradeoffs.

I saw Disneyhead on WDWMagic Universal forums said that we should expect certain attractions to not open with the park. For the pricing they're trying to command, I do think everything should be functional, but they have to beat the summer rush. Waiting a month or two to visit wouldn't hurt, but then you miss out on the new park vibes. Tradeoffs.
Makes sense. I saw Hate to Fly a good universal source say that they are going to be working up until the hour before this park opens to get as much as the possibly can done.

My Dad is pretty obsessed with "the Volcano", as he calls it. He goes by three-to-four times a week to take pictures of it to document changes, and he usually sends me (and my friends who have even expressed the tiniest amount of interest) updates. I have no idea if/how it will be ready by a May open. It may look great from an aerial, but definitely looks far from completion at ground level.

Why put a ticket office way out there instead of the front of the park?

I think it's a good move, with the exception of being able to make ADR and event reservations (those services could take a lot of time!). My *guess* is that the front-of-the-park GS sees a lot of these upgrade requests. So, this provides a way to spread the load and more efficiently serve guests with other issues. It also provides an opportunity for guests to go ahead and get in the park (except if you've lost/forgotten your ticket), and then take care of these things. Send dad and kids on a ride/watch Muppets Moments in History/etc. while mom takes care of business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter