News Round Up 2017

The one thing I would say is that if it was based solely on MB for the discount, I could loan my MB to somebody to use my AP discount. Right now they look at both your AP and also your ID to confirm it's you. (Same thing with DVC.) Now the ridiculous part of that is that when the CM gave me my AP card, they just wrote "Peter" on it. So they look at my ID (which of course has my full name) and my AP (which just says "Peter") and kind of shrug and go "OK".

Same with mine, just as first name written on the back of the card.

I get your point with lending out MB for others to use for the discount.

I guess the plastic card + ID is the only way to go. Unless they want to take your picture and have it pull up on a screen when you swipe your MB.

Same with mine, just as first name written on the back of the card.

I get your point with lending out MB for others to use for the discount.

I guess the plastic card + ID is the only way to go. Unless they want to take your picture and have it pull up on a screen when you swipe your MB.

or just use your fingerprint

The one thing I would say is that if it was based solely on MB for the discount, I could loan my MB to somebody to use my AP discount. Right now they look at both your AP and also your ID to confirm it's you. (Same thing with DVC.) Now the ridiculous part of that is that when the CM gave me my AP card, they just wrote "Peter" on it. So they look at my ID (which of course has my full name) and my AP (which just says "Peter") and kind of shrug and go "OK".

You can't even read my name on the back of the card. The writing all smeared.

Well, there's that.......

Yeah, why can't they do that? They rely on that tech to get you into the park...

probably have to have new handheld readers=$$$$

I suggested fingerprint tech here where I work so I didn't have to keep changing 36 passwords that come due at various untimely times........$$$$$

Oh boy....I do have to say...he appeared rather drunk at D23. The man has steered Pixar/Disney well, but I am all for people being punished for this type of behavior. Where do all these executives and politicians learn acting like this is OK? This is very disappointing to read. But in the end, I am glad all these stories are coming out and people are facing repercussions.

I know I'm commenting on this...but I'm realizing this thread could go down a rabbit hole of trouble if we get too into this discussion.

Oh boy....I do have to say...he appeared rather drunk at D23. The man has steered Pixar/Disney well, but I am all for people being punished for this type of behavior. Where do all these executives and politicians learn acting like this is OK? This is very disappointing to read. But in the end, I am glad all these stories are coming out and people are facing repercussions.

I know I'm commenting on this...but I'm realizing this thread could go down a rabbit hole of trouble if we get too into this discussion.
There’s another thread discussing it too.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/lasseter-taking-sabbatical-over-missteps.3649192/#post-58496310

I can't believe it is taking them this long to do this - but I guess it is progress at least

They've been able to do this for a while, in June the waiter at 'Ohana told me they had a 10% AP discount and added it for me. He said he could see the AP on my account when he scanned the Magic Band so perhaps it was always there but not consistently being applied.

News

Universal Orlando has filed plans for a 8.8 acre Super Mario Land called Project 487 in the Kidzone area. It will have Donkey Kong and Mario Kart attractions, construction likely to begin in 2018.

Plans show that ET will be spared.

Mario Kart area will be 76,916 square feet. Donkey Kong 204,993 square feet. Estimated 3 year build time set to open in time to compete with the WDW 50th...

News

Universal Orlando has filed plans for a 8.8 acre Super Mario Land called Project 487 in the Kidzone area. It will have Donkey Kong and Mario Kart attractions, construction likely to begin in 2018.

Plans show that ET will be spared.

Mario Kart area will be 76,916 square feet. Donkey Kong 204,993 square feet. Estimated 3 year build time set to open in time to compete with the WDW 50th...
I sure hope E.T. stays. I know it's corny but it's a cute ride.

Do you happen to have a pic of the plans or permits to show in relation to what's currently there?

Does anyone feel that the draw of Mario Kart / Donkey Kong is super high? I'm not saying it's not a good idea, but I grew up in the era of these games and honestly couldn't care about a theme park ride based on them.

And what's with the "Start in 2018 and 3 years to build" sounds like Disney plans - oh wait, they're doing TSL in two.

From the below tweet it is going where Barney is now, behind Simpsons (if that helps) - though know this isn't directly from Universal

View attachment 284571

It does make me wonder about E.T. just because of where the entrance is and where mario will be.

Never did get to see Animal Actors--I know I know it wasn't hailed as a good show but I still sorta wanted to see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter