News Round Up 2017

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by rteetz, Dec 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

It is the major dining venue within Pandora...

2. rteetz

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. rteetz

5. OhioStateBuckeye

OhioStateBuckeye DIS Veteran

The DVC exclusive parties lately have been the only time I've ever wished I was DVC. It's a bit steep of a buy in though just to meet some exclusive characters. But I am jealous.

6. Q-man

Q-man DIS Veteran

Never heard of it either.

lockedoutlogic likes this.
  7. lockedoutlogic

lockedoutlogic DIS Veteran

It's no secret that I'm a geek for history, the business angle, and the technical construction details of the disney parks...

...I haven't looked at that miniland at all...

And it wasn't intentional...I just realized i haven't.

Part of it is legit: I'm trying not to prejudge it. And the first hand accounts I've received from those that have been there are "mixed", to be fair.

But I never even looked anything up to this point. Now if I wasn't in Star Wars within the first couple of months (highly unlikely)...I'm sure I scour the visuals and details prior.

...so maybe IP does matter in the parks, no?

8. lockedoutlogic

Because it isn't a good deal anymore...a dozen or so+ years ago, it works fine then and now.

marcyleecorgan and dkellumw like this.
  9. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Ok, just know you have been hyper critical of the land so to not even be aware of one of the high points of the land stood out to me

10. lockedoutlogic

Just so you know...I've not been hypercritical of the operating, as constructed land at all...cause I haven't seen it.

I've been hypercritical of the concept, thought process, management and construction of it...which nothing has really come to light to lessen that criticism.

And I was speculating that it won't do what is needed for AK and due to cost may limit further investment in Ak...that remains to be scene...but I know the beast.

So...what was the point? I've gone cross eyed...

(That was cute, quick little "like" there too...want to play?:wave:)

11. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Well, I consider what they developed with Sautu'li as part of the overall concept of the land - and is something new to Disney with the type of food they have and the mobile ordering, etc,.

I think it helped do what they wanted for AK - which was to enable it to be open at night time/expand the hours/etc. .... it alone isn't enough, they need more, but I think it can be a very strong piece to what AK can eventually be

Though I know I am biased as I loved AK as it was and could spend hours wandering around it

TexasKiwiPrincess and rteetz like this.
  12. lockedoutlogic

Hey that's fine...my original comment wasn't a criticism of the food place...I'm just saying I had no idea it existed. It just kinda happened and that's open for interpretation.

AnnaKat likes this.
  13. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

still not sold on it, but we shall see. Also not a fan of using non-original music (odd hearing Bittersweet Symphony underneath it) especially for a movie so focused around music

14. Reddog1134

Reddog1134 DIS Veteran

Ford did NOT want to play Han Solo again. He stated it many times. So when they announced he signed on for Episode 7, I said "What? That's awesome...wait..I bet they gave him a boatload of money and promised to kill him off so he could be done with it".

15. lockedoutlogic

You know...some people around this neck of the woods can't digest the straight truth the way you dished it out as I can...

...stand by with the Heimlich maneuver

16. circus4u

circus4u DIS Veteran

17. wareagle57

wareagle57 DIS Veteran

I don't believe you.

18. PaintsWithAllTheColors

PaintsWithAllTheColors Mouseketeer

it did make me chuckle that you hadn't heard of the place at all, just because it's been all over the boards, but to be fair, I had little to no idea about what they offered for breakfast so what do I know!

MissGina5 likes this.
  19. rteetz

20. rteetz

News

Trader Sams will be a new version of the hitchhiking ghost mug for Halloween

soniam, osully, jessicag13 and 3 others like this.
  21. lockedoutlogic

Yes...but there's a lot of things "all over the boards" that should be doused in gasoline and ignited...

I stay away from those as best I can...

This isn't one of them...but people have to be "selective" in their disboards intake. Many things conveyed/discussed here are kinda pointless...which is understandable.