News Round Up 2017

The lighthouse memorial for Lance Graves (the 2 yo boy killed in the alligator attack last year at the Grand Floridian) was wrapped up this week.

20686625_109608786376741_2823385524704641024_n.jpg

Lol, older single people are MORE picky. Some people really let themselves go...trust me.

Standards are the greatest folly of youth...I've found.

That isn't as gross as it first seems...the brains and the wit are ultimately what matter...and how much fun you can and should have.

Standards are the greatest folly of youth...I've found.

That isn't as gross as it first seems...the brains and the wit are ultimately what matter...and how much fun you can and should have.

This from the guy who gave @sachilles (IIRC) a hard time re: his wife and seeing Star Wars? :eek: I think you said something along the lines of "I hope she's a 10"? Hopefully this is more in line with your true character. :thumbsup2

This from the guy who gave @sachilles (IIRC) a hard time re: his wife and seeing Star Wars? :eek: I think you said something along the lines of "I hope she's a 10"? Hopefully this is more in line with your true character. :thumbsup2

I've been known to make the occasional joke or two...

...and I believe the context was somebody had to wait to see a movie...which is the time where jokes usually happen...

...and who said that the rating system I was using lined up with "traditional" standards?

I've been known to make the occasional joke or two...

...and I believe the context was somebody had to wait to see a movie...which is the time where jokes usually happen...

...and who said that the rating system I was using lined up with "traditional" standards?

LOL! Yes - that was it...but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to needle you about it. Joking or not, it was a *little* sexist. And, I do think using the phrase "She's a 10!" implies "traditional" standards - so while that's a creative excuse, I'm not buying it. :p

LOL! Yes - that was it...but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to needle you about it. Joking or not, it was a *little* sexist. And, I do think using the phrase "She's a 10!" implies "traditional" standards - so while that's a creative excuse, I'm not buying it. :p

I don't generally do the cultural sensitivity thing...not because I've ever held anything against anyone for differences because I never have...but because I think it leads to the "its my opinion...therefore I can't be wrong..." mentality about everything that is causing major problems with social interactions and progress...

That does affect what we talk about here - namely the idea that nobody is ever wrong about consumer purchases at wdw. Nope...sometimes people are just wrong...me included...and the "I feel it's worth it because..." tact is a non-starter.

So when I make an admittedly corny joke about "I hope she's a 10", there is nothing behind it. I'm not attempting to discount the points of Gloria Steinem...she's way outta my league.

But philosophy is probably a better discussion for a slower day than today...

This probably isn't the right spot for this, but I know we do a lot of talking about how expensive Disney vacations can be. We just got back from a trip to Ocean City, NJ to visit my parents. There are a couple small amusement parks on the boardwalk that are always jammed at night. To give you an idea, a ride on the ferris wheel, $5 per person. A ride on the one drop log flume, $5 per person. A ride on the 2 minute, 100% blacklight and teenager banging on the walls Haunted House, $4 per person. A ride on a kiddie coaster, $4 per person. A ride on a vomit cyclotron (pretty much a no theme Mission Space), $4 per person. A ride on a circle submarine kiddie ride? $3 per person. A small bag of caramel popcorn, $5. A bad hamburger, $7. A large coke, $3.50.

I've complained about Disney being stupidly expensive a time or two in my day. Frankly, I now think it's a bargain...

I think it's time to stop the comments about comparing theme parks to a person's looks...it's only a path to trouble. (Plus a pretty lousy analogy really.)

Is it just me or are these kind of blah. Luggage tags? I guess I would want more character in my medals. (Pardon the pun.)

Just realized we'll be there for race day. Well, I for some reason thought the 1/2 was wrapped up on Saturday, now I realize that the 1/2 is actually on Sunday when we have morning park plans. Guess we'll see some people with the medals wandering around.

This probably isn't the right spot for this, but I know we do a lot of talking about how expensive Disney vacations can be. We just got back from a trip to Ocean City, NJ to visit my parents. There are a couple small amusement parks on the boardwalk that are always jammed at night. To give you an idea, a ride on the ferris wheel, $5 per person. A ride on the one drop log flume, $5 per person. A ride on the 2 minute, 100% blacklight and teenager banging on the walls Haunted House, $4 per person. A ride on a kiddie coaster, $4 per person. A ride on a vomit cyclotron (pretty much a no theme Mission Space), $4 per person. A ride on a circle submarine kiddie ride? $3 per person. A small bag of caramel popcorn, $5. A bad hamburger, $7. A large coke, $3.50.

I've complained about Disney being stupidly expensive a time or two in my day. Frankly, I now think it's a bargain...

This is very true. We went to the county fair a few years ago and dropped $200 in a single day on crap food, bad rides and entertainment. A day pass to our local Six Flags Equivalent is I think $50. I plopped down $130 a ticket for nosebleed seats for U2, a $150 a ticket for decent but not great seats to Roger Waters, both of which are going to be lucky to last 2.5 hours.

I wouldn't call Disney a bargain for sure, but it is not out of line with a lot of entertainment options these days.

I think it's time to stop the comments about comparing theme parks to a person's looks...it's only a path to trouble. (Plus a pretty lousy analogy really.)

Is it just me or are these kind of blah. Luggage tags? I guess I would want more character in my medals. (Pardon the pun.)

Just realized we'll be there for race day. Well, I for some reason thought the 1/2 was wrapped up on Saturday, now I realize that the 1/2 is actually on Sunday when we have morning park plans. Guess we'll see some people with the medals wandering around.
The medals are kind of meh. I do like the Challenge passport medal tho. Figment on the kids medal is cool too.

We spend one week in Disney and one week skiing in Colorado every year and find Disney comparable financially. In my opinion, the only weakness Disney has is the quality of their food. We're totally organic non-gmo and Disney has nothing to offer. I feel sick to my stomach every time a blogger posts pics of their food review. For the most part we bring our own. This year we'll also try Amazon. :upsidedow

Agreed, we have a lot of these carnival type parks here in the U.K. And they charge per ride which quickly adds up.

Disney does give value but it's just when it all adds up, it's a lot to swallow at once financially

My wife and I are heading up to Hershey, PA for a few nights at the end of the month for a concert and Hersheypark. I checked the rates at Hotel Hershey and saw "Starting at $429". I said "Those are Disney rates".

I like Hershey, but it is NOT Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter