News Round Up 2017

Honestly the California ToT was not that impressive originally. It was a pale version of the Florida ride. Part of the reason why this doesn't bother me at all.

Exactly that version was so lame anyway. While I understand that some people are complaining about the look of the building...when taken and compared to the Florida version it was always a cheap knock off. No forward motion in the 5th dimension. Also I was always bothered that you did not walk right into the elevator. Since it loads and unloads in the same area it just always felt cheap to me. I think the new thing looks fun and I like the Rocket AA.

Did anyone go see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales tonight? I went and saw it. My overall impression is I thought it was really good. I don't know where I rank it within all 5 films yet, but I'm thinking it's one of the better POTC movies. It definitely kept me engaged the whole movie unlike some other POTC movies. I also laughed a lot during this film. I think the length of the film was really good. Make sure you stay until after the credits! :)

If you see the movie in IMAX at AMC, you can get a free mini poster (select theaters). The poster is only available opening weekend! I didn't take the greatest picture of the poster, but here is a picture of the poster below:

I completely agree. I turned to my wife after it was over and said something like, "Finally, a pirates movie with a story you can follow all the way through and it makes sense." I think it probably helped that I went in with very low expectations, but even if I hadn't, I would have still enjoyed it. I really enjoyed the backstories on some of the characters they had and the ending. Nothing will top the first POTC, but this one will rank 2nd or 3rd for sure. I also liked the poster as it was on heavy paper (you can't roll it up), but our ticket taker forgot to give us ours and I had to go back out and ask for it when I saw some people with it later. Again, as was stated above, stay all the way through the credits.

I completely agree. I turned to my wife after it was over and said something like, "Finally, a pirates movie with a story you can follow all the way through and it makes sense." I think it probably helped that I went in with very low expectations, but even if I hadn't, I would have still enjoyed it. I really enjoyed the backstories on some of the characters they had and the ending. Nothing will top the first POTC, but this one will rank 2nd or 3rd for sure. I also liked the poster as it was on heavy paper (you can't roll it up), but our ticket taker forgot to give us ours and I had to go back out and ask for it when I saw some people with it later. Again, as was stated above, stay all the way through the credits.

Yep enjoyed it as well.

Question...what if u have a fastpass for a certain time, do you need to show up a couple hours early, to get through that line?

Theoretically the number of FPs issued for a ride at a certain time period should be throttled to accommodate a faster experience through the line than those w/o the FP.
People will get there sometime during the interval. It's hard to say when the optimal time is.

But you can also look at other things going on.

Other show start/finish times. i.e. Lion King (since it has a walking path to Pandora).

Maybe this is me just being a little nit picky, but what is the guests role in the breakout? Is Rocket riding up with the guests? How is the guest riding an elevator supposed to help them break out? Dax kind of summed it up pretty good at the end. Something like, "why are you thanking them, they didn't do anything, I did all the fighting". Seems like they would have been just fine without us.

I think it would have made more sense if after we see the Guardians for the first time, they jump on top of our elevator and ride it up and down with the guest. Like the elevator is their getaway car.

It was kind of hard to hear Rockets voice over the music, so maybe I'm just missing something? v0v

They are using your security clearance to get out is what I gathered.

The queue and all the pre-show stuff actually looks really cool. Better than I expected. It's hard to comment on the ride without going on it.

The cool thing about WDW's Tower is everything is building--creepily--up to the moment of the drops.

I really liked the first Pirate movie but then really haven't been into them since then as the story lines were way to convoluted for what should be a fun, light hearted movie ... so glad to see this one is a bit simplier

Maybe this is me just being a little nit picky, but what is the guests role in the breakout? Is Rocket riding up with the guests? How is the guest riding an elevator supposed to help them break out? Dax kind of summed it up pretty good at the end. Something like, "why are you thanking them, they didn't do anything, I did all the fighting". Seems like they would have been just fine without us.

I think it would have made more sense if after we see the Guardians for the first time, they jump on top of our elevator and ride it up and down with the guest. Like the elevator is their getaway car.

It was kind of hard to hear Rockets voice over the music, so maybe I'm just missing something? v0v

According to the pre-show which uses a animatronic of Rocket - to get into the elevator shaft/museum/whatever, you need clearance and they have to scan your hand to get into it. Rocket can't get clearance (not sure if just because he supposed to be an exhibit or because he, you know, doesn't have human hands) so that is why you have to "hold your hands up" so they can scan them to get access. After that you don't really have a role other than riding along

I would expect capacity issues to be a problem the first few days. May even be a problem for a few weeks. Me, I can wait.

Do you remember seeing photos when the Frozen ride opened how congested it was and how long the standby line was, it was just for ONE ride and it lasted a least two months! This is completely different. I wish I could fit in your luggage and go with you! How exciting!

I know it says it'll happen before the Star Wars show (which is a little weird to be honest) but I wouldn't even be opposed to this replacing the Star Wars show. It's well done and all but this sounds like it appeals to a broader audience base

I'm guessing it's like Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After at MK. Or like Celebrate the Magic and Wishes before that. If you replaced Galactic Spectacular with a non-fireworks projection, it would not go over well.

Do you remember seeing photos when the Frozen ride opened how congested it was and how long the standby line was, it was just for ONE ride and it lasted a least two months! This is completely different. I wish I could fit in your luggage and go with you! How exciting!

You misunderstood me...by "I can wait" I mean I can wait until November when the next time we go. I don't find a particular thrill in the idea of going on a ride opening day requiring me to wait in 6 hour lines. I am perfectly fine waiting to see these things. (I admit Star Wars land will be very, very difficult to hold off for any length of time though...hoping the DLR one will be open in time for D23 2019.)

You misunderstood me...by "I can wait" I mean I can wait until November when the next time we go. I don't find a particular thrill in the idea of going on a ride opening day requiring me to wait in 6 hour lines. I am perfectly fine waiting to see these things. (I admit Star Wars land will be very, very difficult to hold off for any length of time though...hoping the DLR one will be open in time for D23 2019.)

Ooh, now I'm sad! I was hoping to hear from all who will be attending soon. Our trip is in late October and unfortunately my son has severe allergies that we cannot go to AK at all but I am hopeful someday my husband and I can take a mini trip to explore it, still I look forward to hear about your thoughts :flower3:

I'm guessing it's like Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After at MK. Or like Celebrate the Magic and Wishes before that. If you replaced Galactic Spectacular with a non-fireworks projection, it would not go over well.

Plus they probably make bank off the suckers like me who go to that dessert party. I think it's nice to add something while people are waiting for the SW show to begin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter