News Round Up 2017

ok but WHY should the Ratatouille ride take as long a new land? I feel like that's really long for one new attraction

It could be a function of when it actually gets started. Sure from now it looks long, but if they don't start working on it until the middle or end of next year, it's a normal slow Disney build.

It could be a function of when it actually gets started. Sure from now it looks long, but if they don't start working on it until the middle or end of next year, it's a normal slow Disney build.
I think above is correct, add in it isn't easy to work around existing structure and do all the work they would need to do, so that too may add some time

I'd guess the five-acres were already planned and they decided not to go through with it to meet the opening date. Once it opens, they can start to build what should have been done before opening and call it an expansion.

Right... more of a phase 2...handled properly...I might add.

Still waiting for Hyperion wharf

oh fiiine but I WONT BE HAPPY ABOUT THE WAIT :rolleyes1
The other likely possibility is the gondola, according to the maps people have come up with based on the permits, will pass close to the backside of France. I'm assuming Disney wants to finish the gondola construction, in that area, before beginning on Ratatouille. So it could be an order of operations delay. Or work could be scheduled to coincide where practical, so that construction equipment is back there all at once. But with 2 projects in the same area, timing comes in to play one way or another.

The other likely possibility is the gondola, according to the maps people have come up with based on the permits, will pass close to the backside of France. I'm assuming Disney wants to finish the gondola construction, in that area, before beginning on Ratatouille. So it could be an order of operations delay. Or work could be scheduled to coincide where practical, so that construction equipment is back there all at once. But with 2 projects in the same area, timing comes in to play one way or another.

oh Fine I guess that's reasonable. I just really want Epcot updates fast!

I got the same ones last August, surprised they are still under construction.

EDIT: I was referring to the construction pins, I don't understand why the quote did not go through.

Last edited:

Kitchenette seen here.

Kitchenette looks adequate for a studio, but a 2 bedroom suite? Not so much. I do like the two bathrooms and one of them is even a split bathroom to help get everyone ready. To me this seems comparable to the suites at the all stars and AoA to an extent. Hope that is how they are pricing them.

Considering the amount of new rides and attractions we are getting in the coming years, I actually don't consider any of these timelines to be unreasonably long. For those of us who haven't experienced Pandora yet, between now and the end of 2019 (2 and a half years), we will get to experience 3 new themed lands and 10 new rides/attractions. I'm not counting net new attractions, simply new experiences. I can't remember ever getting that many new rides at once. MAYBE a 2.5 year window around when AK opened?

MK - Stitch Replacement
EP - Rat and something in the UK
HS - 2 Star Wars Rides, 2 Toy Story Rides, Mickey Ride
AK - 2 Pandora rides

Also possible in that time frame, Ellen replacement, another new attraction in Tomorrowland, and I would bet at least one more new ride in each park by the 50th. That's 16 rides in 4 years. And most of the ones we know about so far should be open in the next 2.

Considering the amount of new rides and attractions we are getting in the coming years, I actually don't consider any of these timelines to be unreasonably long. For those of us who haven't experienced Pandora yet, between now and the end of 2019 (2 and a half years), we will get to experience 3 new themed lands and 10 new rides/attractions. I'm not counting net new attractions, simply new experiences. I can't remember ever getting that many new rides at once. MAYBE a 2.5 year window around when AK opened?

MK - Stitch Replacement
AK - 2 Pandora rides

Also possible in that time frame, Ellen replacement, another new attraction in Tomorrowland, and I would bet at least one more new ride in each park by the 50th. That's 16 rides in 4 years. And most of the ones we know about so far should be open in the next 2.

Keep in mind that only the ones in bold are confirmed. That's still pretty good though. And with permits filed for changes around UoE, I'd say that is more "in progress" than Rat, UK or especially the Stitch replacement, which seems to be languishing. I hope all of them get done, but it is important to remember that rumors are only that, and there have been many, many rumors that never panned out. With the MK and EPCOT anniversaries coming up, I'm thinking we have a better shot than normal of converting rumors to reality. With HS going through a rebrand, I'm thinking TGMR rebuild makes sense. We will see.

Anyone know the hit rate on the rumors board over the years?

MK - Stitch Replacement
AK - 2 Pandora rides

And I do appreciate it, mine more comes down to the fact that within the next few years I might not be able to go as often as I do now and I just want to get as much new stuff as possible, specifically in Epcot, before that. So its def a selfish reason but this is also the pace they should have been at before.

And I do appreciate it, mine more comes down to the fact that within the next few years I might not be able to go as often as I do now and I just want to get as much new stuff as possible, specifically in Epcot, before that. So its def a selfish reason but this is also the pace they should have been at before.
It's the price we pay for Disney not keeping the pipeline full all these years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter