News Round Up 2016

I would agree -but the only recent US contender is Radiator Springs Racers - which may be my favorite ride in a US Disney park, but perhaps that is only because I don't get to ride it very often. Hopefully Disney World will be opening at least THREE rides in the near future that will vie for the "best ride" title...I expect the main avatar ride to be in that category - though if it is purely a motion simulator I have a hard time calling those "greatest rides".

While maybe not all being viewed as "the greatest" I think there is chance both Pandora Rides (if the boat ride really is a trackless ride system), both Star Wars rides, and the Slinky Dog coaster (if they don't cut back on theming too much, could be seen as top 10 attractions which I think would be pretty good - especially if ~2 of them are viewed as in the discussion for #1

What are you talking about, all the stuff opening at DAK was just last week and there was a TON of discussion about it here on the thread with posts and videos and reviews and such. Soon we'll have FEA and Soarin 2.0: World Buggalo. Plus the new castle show. Plus the new fireworks at DHS. Plus the construction updates. Plus they just announced a new rip-off event at AK for the evening safari. More been going on the last month than for ages.

But none of that re-enforces his bias, so it's not news.

While maybe not all being viewed as "the greatest" I think there is chance both Pandora Rides (if the boat ride really is a trackless ride system), both Star Wars rides, and the Slinky Dog coaster (if they don't cut back on theming too much, could be seen as top 10 attractions which I think would be pretty good - especially if ~2 of them are viewed as in the discussion for #1
I don't think slinky dog will be a top ride in the US by any means.

Kong tech rehearsals extended to day 3 of TM-only preview as of this morning. There is one element in particular (I must keep tight-lipped about it for my TM friends' sake) that is giving them heaps of trouble. It's probably not the one you're thinking of. As far as I know this is not how they expected it to go.

If anyone goes to IOA this week, please be respectful of the TMs in the area. They aren't happy about being out there to tell people the disappointing news, especially in the middle of a tropical storm!

There is one element in particular (I must keep tight-lipped about it for my TM friends' sake) that is giving them heaps of trouble. It's probably not the one you're thinking of.

Wait - so no Disco Kong? I'm sure Betty would love a dance partner.

I don't think slinky dog will be a top ride in the US by any means.

Yeah - I think if it's as good as the mine car ride - we'll be lucky.

And don't get me wrong - I LIKE the mine car ride - but it's not a "best in parks" class ride.

Wait - so no Disco Kong? I'm sure Betty would love a dance partner.

Yeah - I think if it's as good as the mine car ride - we'll be lucky.

And don't get me wrong - I LIKE the mine car ride - but it's not a "best in parks" class ride.

I had high hopes for the Slinky coaster, even as a bridge coaster like Mine Train...until I saw the video. It looks so flat and void of any turns or drops that it might as well be the people mover. Maybe it will do something cool like the cars spread apart like a slinky, or it will have a lot of cool things from Toy Story to look at. But I think this is going to be somewhere between barnstormer and mine train, both in terms of quality and in terms of "exciting." I think it will truly be a ride for kids.

That slinky dog video is a concept video. I suspect it has nothing to do with the final track layout.

That said, anyone not expecting it to be in the same category as the Barnstormer is missing the target audience here.

But I think this is going to be somewhere between barnstormer and mine train, both in terms of quality and in terms of "exciting." I think it will truly be a ride for kids.

That's where I'm at. Hopefully there will be lots visually to look at and they could still do some cool things with it, but yeah - not real high expectations other than to pull crowds from TSMM.

That slinky dog video is a concept video. I suspect it has nothing to do with the final track layout.

That said, anyone not expecting it to be in the same category as the Barnstormer is missing the target audience here.
The track actually has already changed in the multiple concept photos we have seen.

I had high hopes for the Slinky coaster, even as a bridge coaster like Mine Train...until I saw the video. It looks so flat and void of any turns or drops that it might as well be the people mover. Maybe it will do something cool like the cars spread apart like a slinky, or it will have a lot of cool things from Toy Story to look at. But I think this is going to be somewhere between barnstormer and mine train, both in terms of quality and in terms of "exciting." I think it will truly be a ride for kids.
Cars spreading? Now *thats* a fun idea!

Nothing at Toy Story land sounds too promising to me. Pandora sounds a lot more solid. I don't buy the Soarin' over Pandora description people have been using, so I think that could actually be really a really cool experience. As far as the boat ride goes, I'm sure that will be incredibly beautiful. Though I'm afraid it will be a very short ride.

Kong tech rehearsals extended to day 3 of TM-only preview as of this morning. There is one element in particular (I must keep tight-lipped about it for my TM friends' sake) that is giving them heaps of trouble. It's probably not the one you're thinking of. As far as I know this is not how they expected it to go.

If anyone goes to IOA this week, please be respectful of the TMs in the area. They aren't happy about being out there to tell people the disappointing news, especially in the middle of a tropical storm!

I'll be there in three days....fingers crossed for soft opening, but definitely know better than to take it out on the TMs if it's not open! Plenty of other great things to do even if it's closed (and beats work any day!)

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere it is going to--- but I don't remember where........looking

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter