News Round Up 2016

Awesome hyperbole that can only lead to let down. I'll settle for "the best ride at Disney World", which the last time they opened a new ride to compete for that title was 2006 and before that 1994.

Would 2006 be Everest?
That doesn't really seem like a "fair trade" to me. As nostalgic as I am about MSEP, PTN just blew me away - and we weren't even planning to watch it. We got off Matterhorn and there it was! Such a fun surprise!

I've heard about a LOT of Disneyland people who miss the Electric Parade. I agree it's not a "fair" trade, but DLR got Paint The Night first. I think a lot of WDW fans would be happy to get rid of MSEP at this point and DLR guests would be happy to see it again. It would be nice to get PTN this soon. That would give enough time for yet ANOTHER new parade to be possible by the 50th.

PTN is not leaving DL. It happened once and it wasn't well received, it ain't happening again. Or at least I really doubt it will.

Either they replicate the floats and give some exclusive units to each coast to make them somewhat different, or they give a whole new parade to WDW.

What was not well received?

Would 2006 be Everest?

I've heard about a LOT of Disneyland people who miss the Electric Parade. I agree it's not a "fair" trade, but DLR got Paint The Night first. I think a lot of WDW fans would be happy to get rid of MSEP at this point and DLR guests would be happy to see it again. It would be nice to get PTN this soon. That would give enough time for yet ANOTHER new parade to be possible by the 50th.
Really? I have seen a lot of Disneyland fans who love paint the night and don't want it to leave. I don't think Disneyland folks would be happy to get rid of paint the night and get MSEP back in return.

2006 would be Everest.

Kong Update:

Sorry for not posting at the time of the alleged soft open, but the rain made using my phone pretty difficult.

TMs were stationed at all points along the area to tell people 'no guests will ride tonight', 'check the blog for updates', etc. We were hopeful this was a canned response but it soon became obvious it was not. The small amount of people in the queue were TMs. They downgraded testing tonight from soft open to TM preview #2. There are several elements of the attraction which are not in top working order and TM friends who rode tonight described several points where the ride shut down. One friend was evac'ed from the ride. There is much to be done before it will truly be ready for guests.

I'm gonna guess (and this is truly a guess, no TM info to back it up) that we won't see soft opens till closer to the 21st as that's the 'Summer' deadline.
Thanks, maybe that's partly what they experienced yesterday. Hoping it's a great addition for our next visit.

I'd be fine with that. As someone who has done family trips with DCL growing up Castaway Cay was always the highlight of the cruise. Private islands can't be beat, and now other cruise lines have taken notice (Carnival now has there own I believe).

Actually, Royal Caribbean owns/leases Coco Cay for their private use and has done so since before DCL started as a cruise line. DCL was just adopting a good idea. However, I do like Castaway Cay better than Coco Cay.

What was not well received?

When they took MSEP away from DL and tried to replace it with Light Magic, the locals were very harsh on Disney. APs asked for refunds of the hard-ticket events and regular guests thought it was an insult to MSEP.

Unless they have something as good as Paint the Night to replace the parade, I really doubt Disney would be foolish enough to take a night time parade away from Disneyland for the second time.

I'd like to see PTN come over to WDW, but at the same time, I'd also like to see Disney really bring some new entertainment options (And by new, I don't mean copy+paste from a different park) in five years for the 50th.

So if keeping MSEP for another few years would give us that new, I'd hope we pass on the switch now.

Can't they just duplicate the floats and maybe add a few different things and run them on both coasts. I mean that seems like a simple solution to me
They could and they already have really. Paint the night is originally from Hong Kong.
I'd live to see something of the PTN done here at WDW. Next to Spectro it's my favorite parade. I have talked with a few people in the parade scene and was told that PTN could easily be done at WDW except for Mack. WDW has raised curbs for the center of the town square hub that Mack couldn't clear. Disneylands are level.

Yeah, but you wouldn't need a stunt guy if it was all "inner cockpit dialogue" stuff...so something does not add up...

I don't think this is anything more than clickbait. There is no reason to leap to the conclusion that the film is ruined. Most films have reshoots once they get to the editing stage.

The Internet has been buzzing with OMG DISNEY WILL RUIN IT when they bought Marvel, and again when they bought Star Wars. That undercurrent still goes on, and drives clickbait articles like this one.

I'd live to see something of the PTN done here at WDW. Next to Spectro it's my favorite parade. I have talked with a few people in the parade scene and was told that PTN could easily be done at WDW except for Mack. WDW has raised curbs for the center of the town square hub that Mack couldn't clear. Disneylands are level.

It would be neat if they bring Paint the Night to all / a lot of the parks but each having some unique aspects (so maybe WDW doesn't get the Cars section but gets Tangled or Zootopia or something)

I'm sure the regular, frequent posters in this thread could come up with a compromise to keep everyone happy. Like for example, if a news item on this thread generates five or more opinions or editorial comments there should be a gentleperson's agreement that the people who are the most opinionated should get a room, as it were, and take it to a dedicated thread.

It will be so much better for the casual news seekers and interested lurkers if we were to follow a simple rule of thumb like that. It will result in a more informative and concise news roundup and the topic-specific threads can be as speculative and opinionated as people want.

It could be five, three or two opinions expressed on a news item before getting booted to another thread. Let rteetz decide.

So you have something against 4?.....haha

I think that this is great as long as the discussions and opinions can be constructive. Everyone has different likes and dislikes, and it's ok to weigh in with your opinion, but can we refrain from bashing and belittling?

Ok I think that is 5...... lol.

Awesome hyperbole that can only lead to let down. I'll settle for "the best ride at Disney World", which the last time they opened a new ride to compete for that title was 2006 and before that 1994.

Although I haven't been fortunate enough to personally experience any of them, I believe there are several attractions in the Asian parks that would qualify.

Although I haven't been fortunate enough to personally experience any of them, I believe there are several attractions in the Asian parks that would qualify.

I would agree -but the only recent US contender is Radiator Springs Racers - which may be my favorite ride in a US Disney park, but perhaps that is only because I don't get to ride it very often. Hopefully Disney World will be opening at least THREE rides in the near future that will vie for the "best ride" title...I expect the main avatar ride to be in that category - though if it is purely a motion simulator I have a hard time calling those "greatest rides".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter