Newfound appreciation for GE

TongaToast21

Mouseketeer
While I think GE is beautifully done and impressively built, I still thought it felt somewhat stale as (its been said a million times) Batuu is not in the original trilogy (or any of the canon movies) and there was no real connection to the land.

However, after watching the Mandalorian, I think GE is awesome now as IMO it looks nearly identical the city and landscapes in the show. Does anyone else think this? Or that imagineering/ producers had Mando in mind while developing GE?

LandoBlanco

Earning My Ears
I finally got to see it a couple of days ago and have been on board from the beginning as far as the land being a new location. The Falcon still gives the nostalgia, and the rest of the land has Star Wars in it’s DNA. Hopefully the fans that haven’t watched the animated shows will be tuning into the Mandalorian and start to see the connections to the architectural design of the land. They did an amazing job.

Jonfw2

Mouseketeer
I understand the frustration of the "new land" decision. Versus, say, what they did with Harry Potter, using two extremely well known actual locations from the catalog.

Here's my take: unlike HP, the Star Wars universe and lore is always expanding. Each core movie and each stand alone movie/show/story has introduced new characters, locations, and history. Batuu is now part of all of that. It's not an homage, it's an evolution.

siren0119

DIS Veteran
when we were watching the first episode of Mandalorian, my kids and I ALL jumped up when he walked through the town to meet with Greef Carga, and every time they show that particular setting :) My kids keep saying "It's totally Batuu! We were there!!". Just adds to the enjoyment of the show for us, and they're already talking about when we can go back to WDW and visit Black Spire again.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

THEME PARK MAPS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
Disney World Rehabs and Closings Disney World Restaurant Menus

DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS