"Newest" Moms Hangout... take 2!

Just got back from Carys' upper GI appointment. It wasn't as bad as I thought that it was going to be. That's what I get for googling. It just scared me into thinking the test was going to be painful and I was going to be a crying mess. So not the case! It only took about 10 minutes and I got to be in the room and I held her head and her hands at points. They got good pictures of her tummy and said that everything looks ok. I'm glad to know that structurally she looks good and all the sounds I'm hearing are probably reflux related. Carys only cried for a few moments in the time that she was on the table. She took the barium in the bottle well and they put sugar water on her pacifier when she got a little fussy. She was crying in the car on the way home because she was hungry, but then fell asleep in the car seat! :laughing: Sleep won over the hunger I guess!

He ladies. Glad to see everyone's little ones are doing great. DH and I got home yesterday from our trip to Sanibel Island. It was wonderful and the baby did just fine at my MIL. Natalie was soooo happy to be home that she walked across the bedroom to us. This is the first time she went that far.:thumbsup2 So much fun!!!! It is really hard for me to believe that in just under 3 weeks she will be 1 :scared1:

I have a few extra good start coupons if anyone is intrested? PM Me and i will maill them right out. Lilliana is no longer on formula :thumbsup2 and I didn't get a chance to use them.

She just had her 1st birthday on the 28th. I brought her to the Dr. this morning and she is Just shy of 20lbs and is 29" long.

31243_403499958306_567748306_4066623_7177046_n.jpg

Scarlett has yet another cold. Having 2 older siblings who touch your with their germy little hands is rough. I just hope she sleeps better tonight than the past couple of nights cause I can't handle getting up multiple times a night after getting used to sleeping again!

Hope she get's better soon!

We are at the airport, all checked in and waiting! Everyone feels fine right now-I'm still not hungry but I can save up until CP tonight. Katie and dd10 are sitting in the floor watching Barney on the portable DVD player. Katie won't wear the headphones, but I have it turned down really low.
Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

We made it. I'm in the ME line. I probably won't have internet until I get home. Katie was an angel-nursed and slept the whole way!
Glad you made it safe! Hope the flight was ok! You will have to tell me what "angel-nursed" is when you get back!

Just got back from Carys' upper GI appointment. It wasn't as bad as I thought that it was going to be. That's what I get for googling. It just scared me into thinking the test was going to be painful and I was going to be a crying mess. So not the case! It only took about 10 minutes and I got to be in the room and I held her head and her hands at points. They got good pictures of her tummy and said that everything looks ok. I'm glad to know that structurally she looks good and all the sounds I'm hearing are probably reflux related. Carys only cried for a few moments in the time that she was on the table. She took the barium in the bottle well and they put sugar water on her pacifier when she got a little fussy. She was crying in the car on the way home because she was hungry, but then fell asleep in the car seat! :laughing: Sleep won over the hunger I guess!
So happy to hear it went well!

Beautiful girl!

Caitty - Liliana is so cute! I love the pigtails and makes me miss the days that my oldest let me do that to her hair.

Tigger: Scarlett is the total opposite for sleep! I usually swaddle her just to keep her hands warm (otherwise they end up freezing!), but I haven't been the past few days cause she just seemed too annoyed by it. Anyway, that has led to Scarlett flipping to her belly, which annoys the heck out of her. And rather than roll back to her back or just give in and sleep, she just cries till I fix her. And fix has not just meant flip her back over, but also feed her! But she has a cold and is tiny (she's only 12lbs 8oz and just days older than Elliot) so I'm going with it for the time being.

Today I turned 30 (yuck!) and tomorrow is field day in my daughter's class so time for me to get to bed!

So much to respond to, so little time!

Happy Bday Justine! My 30th was last month. :)

As far as the forward facing thing--I've never heard of anyone getting hurt by it. I just know that if you go over to thebabywearer.com they'll be all up on ya if you go there. I say stick with the Bjorn if it works for you since I never found anything that worked well enough for me.

I'm glad the appointment went well for Carys!

Love the pic of Lilliana!!

I know there was more I wanted to reply to, but I don't have time to go back!

Did I ever update with Lily's 9 month stats? The appointment was really at 10 months. She's 20 pounds, 11 ounces and a little over 28 inches (I think, can't remember the length).

Katie is doing great-my sister is driving me insane! And my nephew keeps saying he hates lines.....we have GAD/GAD passes and he hasn't waited more than 10 min for anything! Today he rode Soarin' 3 times, Test Track 4 times, Mission Space twice, Figment, Spaceship Earth, The Land, Maelstrom, Nemo, and did Turtle Talk! We won't be taking anymore family vacations!

Katie is doing great-my sister is driving me insane! And my nephew keeps saying he hates lines.....we have GAD/GAD passes and he hasn't waited more than 10 min for anything! Today he rode Soarin' 3 times, Test Track 4 times, Mission Space twice, Figment, Spaceship Earth, The Land, Maelstrom, Nemo, and did Turtle Talk! We won't be taking anymore family vacations!

Glad that some things are going well. I know what you mean about family crimping your style. You could always just leave 'em -- let them do their own thing for a day & see if that gets them on board with folowing your lead w/o complaining.:rolleyes1

I'm sorry! Don't let them ruin the whole trip!

I found this searching the web.

A Mother and Child’s Dream…a Grocery Cart with a TV for kids!
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...&start=20&hl=en&sa=N&gbv=2&ndsp=20&tbs=isch:1

The hippie mom in me says, "must they ALWAYS have TV?", but the realistic, over-stressed mom in me says, "it's about time!" lol

Glad that some things are going well. I know what you mean about family crimping your style. You could always just leave 'em -- let them do their own thing for a day & see if that gets them on board with folowing your lead w/o complaining.:rolleyes1

ITA!! Drop them like it's hot! "we need some family time today. I know you haven't been happy with everything we've done, so why don't you do what you want today and we'll see ya later!" :thumbsup2

I hear ya! I agree to maybe take an afternoon off and do your own thing if you can. Otherwise, just look forward to the next vacation-without them!

It didn't help that she woke up at 3am vomiting! Thankfully, today was our "off" day. We left her in bed, and I took all 4 kids to DTD to TRex and then swimming at POR. I hope she is better tomorrow.

Katie LOVED the dinosaurs and noise and HATES the characters! CP and Garden Grill were disasters. She loved WCC and TRex. I just canceled Chef Mickeys :scared1: and replaced it with Planet Hollywood. I wanted to try it anyway, but worried about the noise. For her, the noisier the better. They just changed the online booking system, and I love it!

I also changed tomorrow from HS to AK (the only park she likes so far) and Sun from MK to HS, and Mon from Epcot to MK. Hopefully, now things will go ok. She did not like MK Mon night, liked AK Tue, and hated Epcot yesterday. :sad2:

It didn't help that she woke up at 3am vomiting! Thankfully, today was our "off" day. We left her in bed, and I took all 4 kids to DTD to TRex and then swimming at POR. I hope she is better tomorrow.

Katie LOVED the dinosaurs and noise and HATES the characters! CP and Garden Grill were disasters. She loved WCC and TRex. I just canceled Chef Mickeys :scared1: and replaced it with Planet Hollywood. I wanted to try it anyway, but worried about the noise. For her, the noisier the better. They just changed the online booking system, and I love it!

I also changed tomorrow from HS to AK (the only park she likes so far) and Sun from MK to HS, and Mon from Epcot to MK. Hopefully, now things will go ok. She did not like MK Mon night, liked AK Tue, and hated Epcot yesterday. :sad2:

Oh no! My trip is like all MK and EP. AK in August is a nightmare, so I was thinking of skipping it altogether and spending more time there in December.

Lily and I have thrush. It is sooooo painful. I'm praying the meds I just took will help with the pain ASAP. :headache:

Oh no! My trip is like all MK and EP. AK in August is a nightmare, so I was thinking of skipping it altogether and spending more time there in December.

Lily and I have thrush. It is sooooo painful. I'm praying the meds I just took will help with the pain ASAP. :headache:

So sorry, Harleyquinn...I have never had it so I have no idea how long it takes to go away. Feel better soon!

sorry, just need to vent for a minute... I asked DH to watch Carys while I ran to do a couple errands this morning. I was only going to be gone for about an hour, so I fed her and then left. I came home and DH was feeding her again! I said "what are you doing?" and he said that she was screaming so he thought she wanted to eat. I said that just because she is screaming doesn't mean she necessarily wants food. I told him that if she needed to eat while I was gone then I would have told him that. That throws off her whole schedule for the day plus I had to give her medicine before her next feeding. I was soooo mad!!! Ok, still am a little bit. :laughing:

We must have all had busy weekends!

I'm feeling better today and Lily is much happier. We're pretty sure that her fussiness was teething, because she has 6 teeth all of a sudden! The 4 front teeth and the 2 bottom. I think the tops all came in within about a week and a half, so she's much happier now and sleep is more regular.

Everyone must be busy lately.... been quiet round here. So last month I hads signs that my monthly cycle was resuming...... this month.. ugh, well now I'm getting nasty PMS-y mentrual cramps. I so did not miss having a period while pg & BF. I've sorta warned DH -- if I turn into a crazy woman to not take it personally, its just hormones.

In other news the babies have been gung ho about feeding themselves & trying real people food. None of us were too enthusiastic about spoonfeeding mush. Even though its kinda messy, I much prefer them feeding themselves & me just doling out bits of food & supervising. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter