Newbie from PA

hardrock086

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, I was directed to this group by a neighbor as we are planning a trip to Disney in January 2023 and have never rented dvc points before! Anxious to learn about this and it’s benefits!

Hi everyone, I was directed to this group by a neighbor as we are planning a trip to Disney in January 2023 and have never rented dvc points before! Anxious to learn about this and it’s benefits!

You are welcome here, friend.

If you are interested in renting DVC points, you should consider using a service like David's. They hold everything in escrow and generally protect both parties from fraud. Most DVC point renters are honest folk, but you know the old saying.

Also be aware the DVC is a different animal than a hotel. When staying on DVC points, you are the same as if the DVC person were going. That means that in general they only change your towels on day 4 and do a full clean on day 8. Our rooms are different - 1BR's have kitchens and laundry facilities. Studios have kitchenettes. Depending on the resort, the rooms may be themed differently.

All of that said, DVC rooms are a less expensive way to stay at deluxe accommodations, and they all have their own charm as well.

Did you have specific questions you would like to ask?

Thank you for that information, I really appreciate it. I have been cruising the boards and just hoping to find someone to work with for an AKL stay for 2023

If you are looking at the value or club studios, they are probably already sold out. But other options should be available.

To clarify what Tigger said above, renting a points stay does not make you a DVC member with regards to discounts and such. But it is a very different experience than renting from Disney directly.

Studios at AKV only have 1 queen bed and 1 pullout sofa bed. 1BR villas in the Kidani building have 2 bathrooms (2BR villas have 3). AKL (Jambo House) villas are all on the 5th floor and there's no extra bathroom.

DVC rentals often require payment upfront with no option to cancel.

Just a few things to be aware of...

If you are looking at the value or club studios, they are probably already sold out. But other options should be available.

To clarify what Tigger said above, renting a points stay does not make you a DVC member with regards to discounts and such. But it is a very different experience than renting from Disney directly.

Studios at AKV only have 1 queen bed and 1 pullout sofa bed. 1BR villas in the Kidani building have 2 bathrooms (2BR villas have 3). AKL (Jambo House) villas are all on the 5th floor and there's no extra bathroom.

DVC rentals often require payment upfront with no option to cancel.

Just a few things to be aware of...

thank you. This is all so new to me. We always stayed off property and are so lookin log forward to experiencing something new

A quick question for anyone. We got a booking at AKV and are very excited. How far out can I start booking things like dining options? Can I still book rides and experiences with not having tickets yet?

A quick question for anyone. We got a booking at AKV and are very excited. How far out can I start booking things like dining options? Can I still book rides and experiences with not having tickets yet?

Dining reservations start at 60 days out. Don't forget that you can mobile order during the day for quick service meals.

Dining Reservations | Help | Walt Disney World Resort (go.com)

You need tickets before you can make park reservations.

You might want to hang out with AJ if you enjoy videos:

EVERYTHING We Learned Using Disney World's NEW Pay-Per-Ride System, Genie+ - YouTube

Our first stay on DVC rental was at a 3 bdr grand villa at AKL and it was awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter