New Zealand Dec. 25 2022 report

A cyclone struck the North Island of New Zealand. According to the schedule, there should be an ABD group in New Zealand right now, Feb 9 - 20. I think that would mean the hurricane stuck on the day that group should have been flying to the South Island. I hope that group is ok and it didn't disrupt that trip too much.
I think one of the February trips got cancelled, but I forget which one. I hope they're OK! I've been monitoring my future flights, and they've been cancelled the last couple of days. I hope there's not much damage and that everyone is fine!!

Sayhello

I had friends who were supposed to go today (not ABD) and they cancelled as there was no power where their airbnb was. My coworker in Wellington said they were mostly spared except days of rain, however she said north of them was in bad shape. I hope everyone is OK as well!

We have thoroughly enjoyed reading (and re-living) the New Zealand ABD from this report and we hope to soon finish our version from October/November of 2022. I noted a number of comments about problems with the food for a portion of this trip - we did not have similar experiences in November. We are presently on Day 8 of our first Tauck trip touring South America. If food is an important component for an adventurer's trip, your readers might look at Tauck. (Food is not high on our list). We are consistently staying in 5 star hotels with multiple rooms in our suites, and we are treated like royalty, with even lunch becoming a three course (or more) overstuffed meal. Alcohol is a part of almost every meal, including some breakfasts. The food has been very very good with portion sizes that would make Henry VIII blush. We are the only Tauck newbies on this trip (A total group size of 11) and they are all very focused on the food. So for those who have such interests, we can recommend these Tauck tours (on which ABD trips were reportedly based) to you. I'm to the point I'm skipping some of the meals - it's just too much!

We have thoroughly enjoyed reading (and re-living) the New Zealand ABD from this report and we hope to soon finish our version from October/November of 2022.

Thanks for the note on Tauck and glad to hear you liked this report. The report from you and @Mathmagicland was very helpful to us in preparing for our New Zealand ABD trip.

Another post for hikers, walkers and runners.

I don't want to steal @Eastridge's Queenstown report, but just want to point out the Frankton Arm Track. I ran a good portion of it three times while there and it's wonderful for that or morning/evening walks along the lake. It starts on the southside of the Queenstown Gardens. Sunrise was especially great with the lake/mountain/cloud interactions in the golden hour light.

If you're more into hiking, there is a main trail that starts at the base of the gondola, just above the cemetery from which you can branch off onto a couple of tracks that take you up to the top of the gondola. Or take the gondola up and hike it down.
Thanks for posting these tips @mraviator - any other notes you have on which days you were able to fit runs in (even if at hotel before day started?)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter