New Yorkers Beware...Mickey is coming to town! June 17th, 2012 Canada Cruise

I'd love a meet and greet ! Most I have gone to were post drill but before dinner.... later would be tough because of shows/dinner. Looking forward to meeting everyone. :goodvibes

I am going to try really hard to get to NYC to see the Fantasy being christened in March.....Even thoguh I will see it again in June, I wanna see it now too :yay:

facebook is ok and not, it seems like a lot of the disboard activity/dissussion from my other cruise thread has moved there now so I am hesitant to say yes to FB cause it may leave some people out of the conversations ? :confused3
but I can understand why some will like it too

and thanks for all you are doing Kimberly !

Poking around the forum this weekend and saw that some groups plan a meet on the first night so that they can see everyone in person.....

I also saw that some groups set up Facebook groups so that they can interact more, see pics of each other, etc....

Anyone interested in either of these activities for our group?

No facebook for us, sorry but don't use it at all.

Carol

I would be interested in a meet and greet. Sorry I do not facebook,or use any of the other social mediums

I'd love a meet and greet ! Most I have gone to were post drill but before dinner.... later would be tough because of shows/dinner. Looking forward to meeting everyone. :goodvibes

I am going to try really hard to get to NYC to see the Fantasy being christened in March.....Even thoguh I will see it again in June, I wanna see it now too :yay:

facebook is ok and not, it seems like a lot of the disboard activity/dissussion from my other cruise thread has moved there now so I am hesitant to say yes to FB cause it may leave some people out of the conversations ? :confused3

No facebook for us, sorry but don't use it at all.

Carol

Ok...so let's plan a meet then between muster and dinner the first day! :cool1: Can't wait to meet everyone!

I agree that we should keep it here on the DIS, so as not to exclude anyone. I personally do a lot of FB, but then again, I do a lot of DIS too:rolleyes:! Maybe some of the "tweens/teens" want to do a FB group for themselves??

Yes to a DISmeet, whenever you more experienced cruisers say.

Kimberly, how many cabins are we up to?? Do we want to start a new FE group at a certain number of cabins?

Keep it comin'! This is really helping!:woohoo:

Kimberly, how many cabins are we up to?? Do we want to start a new FE group at a certain number of cabins?

Keep it comin'! This is really helping!:woohoo:

I'm not 100% sure of cabins. I think we are up to 13 disers. On some I'm not sure if there will be one cabin or two? Looking at the list (above a few posts) I'm guessing about 18 rooms?

What does everyone think about a limit? If we got much bigger, I might want a limit, but I'm ok with 18 rooms myself. Personally if we got over 20 rooms, I think I might want to look at dividing them. I'd also be ok with dividing us in half now?

I know in some other groups they set a limit (anything from 10 to 20) and then you can choose to be in one group, two groups, or every group.

Everyone's ideas?

I agree - up to 20 is OK, but after that split it in half. I don't think we should do that until much closer though, as the list will probably fluctuate until then.

We are good up to twenty and then I like the option of large group, small group or both groups. I think this has worked out well in the past especially if you have already made/bought several FE gifts. Thanks again for all your organization of this!

Carol

I'm not 100% sure of cabins. I think we are up to 13 disers. On some I'm not sure if there will be one cabin or two? Looking at the list (above a few posts) I'm guessing about 18 rooms?

What does everyone think about a limit? If we got much bigger, I might want a limit, but I'm ok with 18 rooms myself. Personally if we got over 20 rooms, I think I might want to look at dividing them. I'd also be ok with dividing us in half now?

I know in some other groups they set a limit (anything from 10 to 20) and then you can choose to be in one group, two groups, or every group.

Everyone's ideas?

I agree - up to 20 is OK, but after that split it in half. I don't think we should do that until much closer though, as the list will probably fluctuate until then.

We are good up to twenty and then I like the option of large group, small group or both groups. I think this has worked out well in the past especially if you have already made/bought several FE gifts. Thanks again for all your organization of this!

Carol

Sounds like we have a great plan then.....After final payment dates, the group should be fairly stable so we can look at group size then and start dividing if we see fit......

Glad to help organize everything!

Speaking of Fish Extenders....Even though we had a really, really cute one from our first cruise, I was inspired by recent posts about duct tape fish extenders on the forum, and my daughter LOVES duct tape so.....we made a new one for this summer....We're going to add our names to the pockets on the top still, but I haven't had time to go pick up some cute alphabet stickers yet....But I had to share!!

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Now we'll start on gifts over the next couple weeks...

Speaking of Fish Extenders....Even though we had a really, really cute one from our first cruise, I was inspired by recent posts about duct tape fish extenders on the forum, and my daughter LOVES duct tape so.....we made a new one for this summer....We're going to add our names to the pockets on the top still, but I haven't had time to go pick up some cute alphabet stickers yet....But I had to share!!

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Now we'll start on gifts over the next couple weeks...

Those look great!!!! I have not been brave enough to try to make one of those, duct tape (and getting the wrinkles out) is intimidating to me!) but this looks fantastic! Makes me ready for pirate night for sure!!!! pirate:
Carol

Those look great!!!! I have not been brave enough to try to make one of those, duct tape (and getting the wrinkles out) is intimidating to me!) but this looks fantastic! Makes me ready for pirate night for sure!!!! pirate:
Carol

Thanks! It was a lot easier than our cloth one. It took two of us. My daughter would hold the roll of duct tape while I smoothed it down an inch at a time...

It's not perfect. Probably not as polished as our other one, but we made it together which makes every imperfection special.:goodvibes

Sounds like we have a great plan then.....After final payment dates, the group should be fairly stable so we can look at group size then and start dividing if we see fit......

Sounds good!:cool1:
No final split until the pay-in-full date. Up to 20 cabins = one FE group, more than 20 cabins splits into two groups, with option of participating in one or both groups.
Love the FE! I'm going to try one myself for just me and DH, and then do one with the kids after that for their cabin! Mine isn't going to be full duct tape - stay tuned!
:flower3:

Sounds good!:cool1:
No final split until the pay-in-full date. Up to 20 cabins = one FE group, more than 20 cabins splits into two groups, with option of participating in one or both groups.
Love the FE! I'm going to try one myself for just me and DH, and then do one with the kids after that for their cabin! Mine isn't going to be full duct tape - stay tuned!
:flower3:

Can't wait to see it. I would have never thought of duct tape if not for dis. I am a little sad not to use our other one as I really do like it as well, but my daughter was so excited about the duct tape one and I loved making it for her. She's now decided she's going to make a matching small purse for herself to carry her room key, a flash light, and the wave phone...

That duct tape fish extender is amazing I need to make own and that looks like my style and seems like it would be exciting to make!

Hey all.......I'm back!! I'm not sure what I've been doing but....our trip is so much closer now!!:yay:

I like to just do one delivery of the FEs so the more the merrier.......I do have three staterooms in addition to my parents so as soon as my kids confirm, I can provide my stateroom numbers and # of FEs......I should know by early March when it's time to pay.

We have also sailed the Med and I just saw that the Magic is going back in 2013, we'll have to check those itineraries out!!:dance3:

Hey all.......I'm back!! I'm not sure what I've been doing but....our trip is so much closer now!!:yay:

I like to just do one delivery of the FEs so the more the merrier.......I do have three staterooms in addition to my parents so as soon as my kids confirm, I can provide my stateroom numbers and # of FEs......I should know by early March when it's time to pay.

We have also sailed the Med and I just saw that the Magic is going back in 2013, we'll have to check those itineraries out!!:dance3:

Welcome back! Just fill out the google docs as you know each room and that will keep us updated.

If anyone is interested and have AAA, just booked the Westin Times Square for one night before our cruise (6/16) for a AAA hot rate of $229 per night plus tax for a standard room! Great rate for this hotel!! No prepayment or penaltys on this rate just have to cx a few days prior if needed to. It is one of the hotels that Disney offers for cruise but this rate is better - if you have AAA. Just thought I would share in case anyone interested!
Carol

Just booked! 12 nights! Med, on the Magic, Greece Turkey, Italy, 2013 whooo hooo!:banana: ...just have to get a second job now LOL

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter