New Year, New Beginnings - January 2022 W.I.S.H thread

Isn’t it fun to have a vacation to look forward to? We’re heading to OC next week and that always feels like a mini vacation even in the winter.

It’s cold and rainy so I probably won’t get outside today. Good day to do some more sorting and packing. Yesterday was soup night so leftovers for lunch.

Stay warm, everyone!

I just came across this thread and was hoping that I could join in!

My name is Karen.
I am married and have 3 boys (they are all grown! (24, 26, 28)
We live in the Midwest, but I am from the East Coast. (Philly Girl born and raises, but lived in Southern Delaware for a long time)
We go to Disney World every year. (except for 2020 and 2021.. sooo sad!)
We are heading to WDW in August!

Since 2016 I have lost 160 lbs. and was 50 lbs. away from my goal weight. Over the last two years, I have been extra lazy and got back into old habits with fast foods and junk like chips being my main source of comfort. I have gained back 60 lbs. of what I lost.. so last week I decided that I needed to be accountable with myself and I needed to get back on track. I have been trying to meal prep, at least breakfast and lunch for work. I had joined a points app, but I am not sure how I like using points, and think maybe I should go back to counting calories. It's a work in progress. I figured I should try this for a month and see if I show any results before shooting it down and moving to something else. Does anyone have apps that they use on a regular basis that they find to be extremely helpful with keeping yourself on track and reaching goals?

My name is Karen.
We live in the Midwest, but I am from the East Coast. (Philly Girl born and raises, but lived in Southern Delaware for a long time)

Since 2016 I have lost 160 lbs. and was 50 lbs. away from my goal weight. Over the last two years, I have been extra lazy and got back into old habits with fast foods and junk like chips being my main source of comfort. I have gained back 60 lbs. of what I lost.. so last week I decided that I needed to be accountable with myself and I needed to get back on track. I have been trying to meal prep, at least breakfast and lunch for work. I had joined a points app, but I am not sure how I like using points, and think maybe I should go back to counting calories. It's a work in progress. I figured I should try this for a month and see if I show any results before shooting it down and moving to something else. Does anyone have apps that they use on a regular basis that they find to be extremely helpful with keeping yourself on track and reaching goals?

:welcome:

In the past I have used My Fitness Pal. It worked great but I am not good with tracking my food so I never kept up with it. Though I used it long enough to know how much of stuff I should be eating.

Great job on losing weight. I know over the pandemic I had gained weight as well. I am working on get that weight off as well.

My name is Karen.

Welcome, Karen! And congratulations on your amazing weight loss-
I used WW to lose 70lbs almost 20 years ago and am counting points to lose the 10-15Ib gained over these past two years. I love technology but have not used an app. In fact, I am so old school I use a notebook just like I did 20 years ago!

My name is Karen.

pixiedust::welcome:

My name is Karen.

Welcome! I can't say that I use it on a regular basis (a re-occurring theme for me) but when I am logging food I do it in FitBit so it can calculate calories burned for me, and I know right way where I'm in the daily 500 calorie deficit range.

Last edited:
For me...

Physical: sleep - I was up late on Friday, so I went to bed early last night. It was just what I needed!
Emotional: stress management - doing things that help me avoid worrying about everything
Social: positive social media - I'm here, of course! (I also watched some cute TV this morning.)
Spiritual: nature - I was marveling at the winter landscape in my backyard yesterday.

Physical: Walking - Getting out of the house to run errands and walking briskly. Taking the long way around to get extra steps in.
Emotional: Stress Management - Getting things done and preparing for work week ahead so that I'm not freaking out about everything that I don't want to do.
Social: Positive Social Media - Being here with all of you; reaching out to old friends; and promoting positivity online.
Spiritual: Meditation - Prayer. (I'm really missing in-person church. Zoom church really
doesn't do it for me. I just found out that my Pastor is retiring to Maine, so when we finally do go back, she won't be there :().

Pollyanna - How are you getting that nice shade of pink for your posts?

Physical-getting out of the house and getting fresh air-even it’s 30 degrees!
Make sure I’m eating

Emotional-managing my stress level as we downsize and get the house ready to put it on the market. We still have so much stuff! I need to get back to getting 3 things accomplished a day. Anything over that is a bonus.

Social-we haven’t seen the kids in two weeks and we’re visiting today. I have been a little down and I think that’s the reason! And I love checking in here every day! Thrilled we have some new posters!

Spiritual-I would like to volunteer again. I was helping out in my daughter’s library (shelving books, covering them, sorting crayons) and I miss that-I love being retired but miss the kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter