New Year, New Beginnings - January 2022 W.I.S.H thread

I have a big meeting to facilitate alter this morning, and I'm thankful it is almost over. I'm not particularly nervous about it, it is just a meeting, I jut want to get it moved over to the done pile.

Thankful we are almost to the end of the week. I haven't been feeling well, not sick just not well, and I am very tired so looking forward to the weekend when I will be able to rest up.

Thankful our snow was just enough to cover the lawn but streets are clear-bundled up for a quick walk.

Thankful I have enough food in the house that I don’t have to go out again-it’s cold!

Thankful our house projects are slowly but surely getting done. Cleaned out another closet and have bags for goodwill, my daughter and trash.

Thankful its almost the weekend. Thankful all the kids are feeling better and I am getting there myself just lingering coughs all around.
Thankful today's snow didnt really stick.
Thankful DS9's scout troop is embracing zoom meetings and we have been finishing early so they can have some social time.
Thankful DH is going to pick up burritos in 20 mins and very thankful my appetite is back...not thankful for the need for snacking that came with it. I'll get back on track though soon I'm sure. Giving myself some grace while the last of this illness clears up.

Thankful its almost the weekend. Thankful all the kids are feeling better and I am getting there myself just lingering coughs all around.
Thankful today's snow didnt really stick.
Thankful DS9's scout troop is embracing zoom meetings and we have been finishing early so they can have some social time.
Thankful DH is going to pick up burritos in 20 mins and very thankful my appetite is back...not thankful for the need for snacking that came with it. I'll get back on track though soon I'm sure. Giving myself some grace while the last of this illness clears up.
[/QUOTE
Glad you’re all feeling better. January seems like the longest month to me!

Thankful for broccoli. I roasted up a giant Costco bag tonight and it is just so delicious!!

Thankful that I work with great people. It's been crazy but everyone has pulled together to get what needs to be done, done!

Thankful that DS2's fiancée finally called us and asked for help when she needed it. It's tough to be a single mom, be sick yourself and have your little one get sick.

Thankful that I got a thank you card out of the blue from someone! It's nice to be appreciated.

Still not feeling great. I can't find my at home test, but I'm not really sold on them being accurate anyway. The testing site closest to me takes appointments if you have symptoms and there was one appointment tomorrow morning, so I'm going in. If this is covid it's not very bad, thank you vaccine. Last night I started trying the wet sock treatment that my Dr suggested: soak your feet and get them warm, put on a pair of cold wet cotton socks and wool socks over them and go to bed. You're supposed to do this three nights and it should help draw down the congestion.

Meeting yesterday went really well, glad to have it done. I actually don't have back-to-back meetings today and it would be a great opportunity to get some work done but I think I'm going to be signing off early. Obviously not going anywhere or doing anything over the weekend, just lots of resting.

Last edited:
I have 1 more thankful from yesterday. I am thankful for an impromptu date night. DH and I have not had a date in awhile. Last night we ran to our friends to drop off 2 preemie sleepers we had for the twins (they are home already and doing really good). We didn't say and only met our friend in the driveway to drop them off. It will be a bit before we see the babies in person. Just too much sickness going around and we don't want to get them sick. Well on the way home DH suggested we stop for dinner and then pick up dinner for the kids who stayed home. It was so nice just having us time even if it was for an hour.

We don't have anything going on this weekend. I took today off of work. I thought I had my follow up mammogram and ultrasound. The one I had right after Christmas showed a change on the left side so just following up on it. Well that appointment is Monday and not today. Oh well, Just watching General Hospital and just chilling until I need to pick up DD from school. She has her blood draw today at the main hospital downtown to check for the blood disorder.

I am sure this weekend we will watch a lot of New Girl and will watch the football playoff games. We will get grocery shopping in but other then that nothing.

I'm going to post this really early, because I'm pretty sure I'm going to crash after I sign off and forget to post it later... you can just ignore it till tomorrow.

SOCIAL SATURDAY

Do you have a trip to WDW planned and what is the thing you are most looking forward to
during that trip (or your next trip, whenever that is, if you aren't already booked)?

And I'm going to go ahead and answer now, because I know I'll forget...

Next WDW trip is coming up Feb 26 to March 5: this is the March 2020 trip that has been booked and canceled four times. I'm still having mixed feelings about it, but still planning on going. It'll be the longest I've been away from home since covid and since getting the cats, so it is going to be tough on them. I'm sure I'll be fine when I get there. It should be a fairly quiet time, altho Flower and Garden does start half way thru the trip.

Flying Fish is opening back up, this is something I was hoping for as it is my favorite. Right now I'm thinking I'll go over there on the Sky-liner for dinner the night I arrive. I like to eat at the bar where I don't need an ADR, in case I change my mind. And I have a reservation for EPCOT that day, in case I have any energy left and want to walk over after eating.

Other than that I'm looking forward to how easy it is to be there, no navigation or logistics to figure out, just show up and be entertained. And I have the ticket to the new Cirque da sole show which I am looking forward to, being magically transported to somewhere else.

And I'm going to go ahead and answer now, because I know I'll forget...

Next WDW trip is coming up Feb 26 to March 5: this is the March 2020 trip that has been booked and canceled four times. I'm still having mixed feelings about it, but still planning on going. It'll be the longest I've been away from home since covid and since getting the cats, so it is going to be tough on them. I'm sure I'll be fine when I get there. It should be a fairly quiet time, altho Flower and Garden does start half way thru the trip.

Flying Fish is opening back up, this is something I was hoping for as it is my favorite. Right now I'm thinking I'll go over there on the Sky-liner for dinner the night I arrive. I like to eat at the bar where I don't need an ADR, in case I change my mind. And I have a reservation for EPCOT that day, in case I have any energy left and want to walk over after eating.

Other than that I'm looking forward to how easy it is to be there, no navigation or logistics to figure out, just show up and be entertained. And I have the ticket to the new Cirque da sole show which I am looking forward to, being magically transported to somewhere else.
Sounds like a wonderful trip! The new Cirque show should be fabulous! And the year we visited during the Flower and Garden show was one of our favorite trips.

We are taking this year off to get the PA house in the market before the summer is over. We’re DVC owners, so banking this years points and hope to take a long trip next year. We took a tour of the Riviera last summer and loved it. Although we had our first stay in the Grand Floridian Villas last summer and they are my new favorite. I highly recommend dinner in the new Mary Poppins themed restaurant-Citricos. Two years of points should get us 5 nights in a 2br in each resort since we travel with family. My daughter and I are the planners- my husband and son in law are amenable to whatever we come up with! I love hearing about everyone’s trips, though!

Oneanne, hope you feel better-let us know if your cold, wet sock treatment
works. It’s 16 degrees here today, so I don’t think I could do it!

Not the best week for me to be honest, I ate mainly in maintenance, bit too much bread. I usually slice/freeze sourdough but didn't this time!

The template was great idea for me as even if I don't feel like planning, the template makes it easy for me. I open my recipe folder and I take a meal to fit in the description. All repeats, easy to make recipe but it makes my job easier.

SOCIAL SATURDAY - Do you have a trip to WDW planned and what is the thing you are most looking forward to
during that trip (or your next trip, whenever that is, if you aren't already booked)?

Nothing in the works right now. We had a Universal trip planned in March 2020, and after going through the emotions of canceling it, I've been really hesitant to book our next Florida vacation. (We did drive to visit family in NY in the summer.)

When we eventually get back to WDW, I'm looking forward to special family time - away from worries and stress, and to the new Star Wars stuff that wasn't there yet the last time we went.

We have not been since 2018 for our 25th anniversary. In 2019, we went to Disneyland, which was AMAZING. The 2020 trip staying club level at the Polynesian was canceled due to Covid. We rescheduled for 2021, then canceled due to the limited experiences, and we enjoyed the Margaritaville Resort instead. We decided not to return to WDW until DD begins planning her wedding.

We will take a short wedding planning trip to visit Franck’s to meet with her wedding planner in person. For her wedding, we will stay at the Grand Floridian. She wants to have her bachelorette party in Magic Kingdom, including breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table, followed by a scavenger hunt in MK. We will go on a fireworks cruise some time during the week. She wants to be married in Disney’s Wedding Pavilion. We’re not sure where the rehearsal dinner and reception will be, but California Grill will be a location that will be considered. DD will move to the Polynesian for her honeymoon, and DH and I will move to the Beach Club for a few days after the wedding avoiding the newlyweds.

Last edited:
We are booked for mid-August again, hopeful we will be able to make it happen again. Decided to book the Contemporary to enjoy a deluxe hotel while we are still paying kid prices. Looking forward to being able to experience a couple more rides as a family as DD will be 40 inches this go around. Hoping Fantasmic will be back by then. Hoping to take advantage of the extra evening hours (thanks to afternoon naps) and watching the fireworks in pjs from the observation deck.

We have a trip planned for April 2023. Kids will be going with the band so it will just be DH and I. We told the kids we will stay away from them. They were not happy that we were going too. The only time we will be in the same place is when they march in MK or if they need us for something. I might try and grab them for a dinner but we will see how that goes. No other plans put together yet.

We have told family we'll be in Disney World Christmas of 2022, but haven't done anything yet to make that happen! If all goes well we have a little bit of funding from my mom that I told the kids I would use for them to join us for an evening at a Magic Kingdom party (forget what they're calling it now!). In the meantime, we think we have DS2's senior recital in March and his graduation in May in New York. We're not sure if they're actually allowing an audience so haven't bought airplane tickets yet. In July my parents are taking us on an Alaskan cruise and I think that covers our big vacation plans this year!

I was the same weight this week as last week, which I will take as a win!!!

This weekend has been an unusual treat for me. DD’s best friend went to WDW for a Friday-Sunday trip, so we were asked on Thursday night (gotta love 20-somethings) to pet sit her two puppies. Luckily, she lives 5 minutes away. So DD and I have been spending all weekend enjoying puppy cuddles and very wet kisses. One of them reminds me of my Lhasa Apso that was our family pet when my mother passed away. That dog gave me so much love when my heart was breaking and I was thrust into adulthood prematurely. I look forward to getting a fur baby one day when I retire and I will be around to give it the love and attention it deserves. In the meantime, I get to visit these two cuties.
F2E48F05-CA04-4B8E-ADF6-E7CC59D14BD4.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter