New Yavn Speaks 2/ 15

Bugdozer

<font color=royal blue>One day at a time.<br>Yeste
Materializing right in front of your eyes for a Special President's Day Weekend Edition of Yavn Speaks – it's the Master of Magic, Yavn!

Hocus Pocus! Alaka – well hello, you caught me right in the middle of a magic trick.
I'm trying to conjure up some new additions to the Kingdom – one in particular that's coming in March that's gonna blow your socks off. But before I get into that, I wanted to take a minute and talk about some of the latest stuff and the stuff coming up.

Shrunken Ned's Shop Specials

You probably noticed our latest addition to the Newsletter? If not be sure to check out our buddy Shrunken Ned, who is now in charge of keeping you up to date on the latest shop releases.
Ned's got a nose for news and a real head for hot fashion. Although, I'm still curious how he writes that column when he can't reach a keyboard... Anyway, Ned's going to be giving you the 411 on what's happening in our shops. But one of the reasons I wanted to roll a Yavn Speaks before President's Day Weekend was because of an event in Shrunken Ned's Shop you're gonna want to make plans to check out.

YavnSpeaks-2008-02-15-NedsShop.jpg

Shrunken Ned really has a head for bargains!

This coming Monday, February 18, President's Day, Shrunken Ned will have a sale – what kind of sale? Well, honestly I think he's lost his head, because everything in his shop will be half off! You read that right. Everything for one day only, is HALF OFF!
Not only will Shrunken Ned be discounting stuff in the shop, but bringing some stuff out of the stock room for this very special event! For new players here's your chance to pick up some stuff you may have missed before, and for all our players, it's your chance to grab some great deals! I've seen what he's planning and you're gonna love it! So if you haven't already, get to playing those games and earning credits!

New and Familiar Faces

Shrunken Ned's not the only one who's got a new section. You've also probably seen who took over our trivia section? That's right the all-knowing Esmeralda! (A few of you called this one!) She's perfect for the trivia section because, well, Esmeralda is there anything you don't know?
You'll be seeing a lot more of her and those great prizes she's been giving away so be sure and brush up on your Disney trivia!
While we're on the subject of new sections and faces, I'd like to take a second and introduce a friend of mine, fellow VMK'ers, meet PirateVinnie:

YavnSpeaks-2008-02-15-PirateVinnie.jpg

Now here's a guy who lives a pirate's life – PirateVinnie!

PirateVinnie's been working closely on lots of the new stuff you've seen recently released, like the Gingerbread pieces that came out over the holiday and Magic Shop Checkers game. But he was working behind the scenes at VMK for a while before that, on the website, with the in-Park locations and our in-game HOST and events teams. Vinnie and I go way back, but he's been on the VMK team for almost two years now and he's been like my right hand man the whole time, helping me out. So look for him to take the spotlight a little more in the weeks ahead. In fact, don't be surprised if you see his own section here in the Newsletter very soon. If you see him in game, say hello!

Best Game Rooms

You gonna see us doing some things a little differently than we have in the past – like our Theme Parks, we're always looking at how we can make things better here in the Virtual Magic Kingdom. (For instance, we chose not to do a Valentine's Day Pin this year and spend that time working on something else we think you'll agree is much, much cooler – more on that in March.)
One thing you'll see soon are sweeter and more unique rewards for Best Game Rooms. You've probably seen how we've reworked the Awards and Top Players page, and we're reworking the rewards for those room builders too! I'll have more info about this in the next few weeks so stay tuned.

room_2008_2_18_iamabigdisfan-t.jpg

Congratulations iamabigdisfan! Your Heart to Heart room is our pick for next week's Best Guest Room. Watch for the rest of the winners on Monday!

One last note about those Best game Rooms – if you're room hasn't been chosen yet, don't give up! We're working on other ways you can get your room noticed, but until then, our HOST and in-game staff will be on the lookout for great rooms, so keep submitting and keep building!

President's Day Announcements

Alright, before I disappear, I hope you enjoyed this special edition of Yavn Speaks. I know there's not too much new information in here, but I wanted to give a proper introduction to some of those new sections and faces you'll be seeing, talk about our President's Day events – and drop a few hints about upcoming stuff.
But be sure to join us President's Day for Shrunken Ned's Presidents Day Sale and – I almost forgot – a new Presidential Quest that will truly "reward" you for your efforts! (Trust me, don't miss this, because this Quest is really gonna pay off for you!) Oh yes, we've got some AWESOME NEW magic items releasing this weekend – but Shrunken Ned will tell you all about that.
Until next time, Higitus Figitus, Alakazam! (POOF!) Waitaminute, that's not a rabbit. Hey Yeti! I think I found that Turkey Leg you were munching on last week...
See you in the game!
Yavn

Ned lost his Head and he's having a sale? Sounds like a chance for retired/beta to be released again..

Ev

I am so glad yavn has been keeping us updated every week these past couple of months. Back in the summer i didn't know what to think, yavn wouldn't post anything for weeks on end. Thanks yavn for updating the newsletter every week! :thumbsup2 I cant wait to get those new items and do that awesome quest on monday!

new Presidential Quest that will truly "reward" you for your efforts! (Trust me, don't miss this, because this Quest is really gonna pay off for you!)

Is it just me, or does the prize sound like full TDM? Yet I still doubt it...

I feel bad for all those players who are not Americans. And do not have the day off. Fortunately we in Ontario are getting our first holiday in February ever Titled Family day. But boy if it was like last year I would have been very upset. I know VMK is based in the States but it is time to remember the players from all over the Canadians and UK players.

I still hate the fact I have a American Flag I can not trade. So why not VMK acknowledge the players from other countries with a flag.

No valentine's pin which has no country to it. But let's celebrate President's day. I am sorry I just do not get it. I am sure the Prize will be awesome but Disney is celebrated all over the World.

I know many will not agree with this saying Disney in based in the USA. Well check the bottom of your disney items most are made in Japan :)

I feel bad for all those players who are not Americans. And do not have the day off. Fortunately we in Ontario are getting our first holiday in February ever Titled Family day. But boy if it was like last year I would have been very upset. I know VMK is based in the States but it is time to remember the players from all over the Canadians and UK players.

I still hate the fact I have a American Flag I can not trade. So why not VMK acknowledge the players from other countries with a flag.

No valentine's pin which has no country to it. But let's celebrate President's day. I am sorry I just do not get it. I am sure the Prize will be awesome but Disney is celebrated all over the World.

I know many will not agree with this saying Disney in based in the USA. Well check the bottom of your disney items most are made in Japan :)

WOOT! No school, and an entire half price vmk day. xD

Not everyone has the day off. My husband works and the kids have school :(

Bug

[Pirate takes off his jacket, and stretches his fingers in front of him]

Looks like I'm going to have to sign on and play Fireworks for the rest of the night.

I am not american and I dont care of having an america flag in my inventory, like the flag hat too. If we could have been able to sell it back to vmk or trade it, I would have choose to keep it in my inventory (fact is that I have an american flag and some other flags - I am related to by having visited the country or by my culture - on the wall of my desktop room)

American holidays are also always a good way to get stuff in VMK and a good way to be aware of things that you basically dont know if you are not living in the US. Now it would be cool to have a month where the theme would be something related to world showcase and have items related to different countries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter