NEW Wilderness Lodge FAQ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We arrive at WL a week from today for our 10th anniversary!!! We can't wait! We got a great rate on a standard room and after reading this thread I think I might want a lobby room. Do I just call and ask them to add this preference request to our ressie or do I request it at check-in? I normally never request anything special and always have a great time just because I'm at Disney!

Thanks for all the great info on this thread, I hope to add to it after my trip.

Laurie

OK, great info! But I have more questions.

What is a lobby room? Does this mean you don't have to go into another building or wing, you're in the main building? Wouldn't that be noisy?

We were requesting a standard room with a king bed. Would it be better to get a room with 2 queens and make sure it overlooked a roof rather than the service area? Should I stay away from the 5th floor? All we want is a little peace and quiet and a nice balcony, but I don't want to look down onto the garbage truck.

(We were wanting the king bed b/c you usually get a fridge with that room, but if it only has a shower and no bath I don't think I want it.)

THanks!

One more quick question.

Do the WL rooms have a pack and play in the room like AKL does or do you have to request them?

I just don't want to forget to do everything I need to before I arrive.

Thanks again.

Laurie

Our room was 4082, and it was in the lobby area. (right behind the fireplace)

999: do they junior suites have refrigerators? If I would reserve one, would it be possible to get concierge access at check-in? (for an additional fee) Can a concierge level guest get a complimentary refrigerator in their rooms? And, one more question! Are there any larger rooms (standard, woods, courtyard) or any rooms with side windows in the resort?

Thanks! :)

Hi

I am staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time in 11 days - YIPEE!! Anyway, a friend, who I met on these message boards recommended this site: http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/resort.asp
I was able to view 78 absolutely beautiful photos of the Wilderness Lodge. Gorgeous. I have never seen any photos, so these were great. It takes quite awhile to download them and often times I had to keep hitting the "go" button to keep downloading, but well worth it.

Log on, sit tight and enjoy!

Jonmom57:D

Kimmar. It looks like you got WL post up and running.. Thanks everyone for all of the great info. I have never been to WL so this info has helped a great deal.... Corvairamy

We just love the Wilderness Lodge!!!! Last fall, our family had the pleasure of meeting 999ghsts. She helped make our stay extra magical. We stayed in the villas, and it was
so peaceful and idyllic after busy days in the parks. Every CM we encountered during our stay was absolutely fantastic. Now if we could buy into DVC..... because we Love the Lodge!!!:)

I will be at WL in 22 days!!! I reserved a standard room. I have read 999s posts about where the standard rooms are located. What is wrong with the rooms above the service area? Is the beeping from the delivery trucks really that loud? Does it go on all night long? Would the rooms on the 5th or 6th floor be quieter? I am asking because I am a VERY light sleeper. I am considering upgrading to a Woods view. Any info. & opinions would be appreciated..Thanks!

Wow!!
I'm glad you didn't give up to get this thread going. We are staying June 22-29 for our 24th anniversary. From the minute I heard about this lodge being built I wanted to stay there, but never thought we could afford it. Even toured it one Christmas. Anyway with good deals and tax income refund we'll be there. Hubby would rather stay at CS, but when the CM was on the phone helping me with reservations he was yelling WL in the phone while he could hear my Hubby and I discussing it. It was toooo funny.
Anyway hope 999ghsts or someone else can help me. Are there any Woodsview room where the sun shines in the room, morning or afternoon?
Hope to meet 999ghsts in person so can thank them for the time and advice.
Thanks
Kelly

IMHO-We went with woodsview as I am a light sleeper. The fear of the noise in the standard rooms got to me!:eek: And the fear of pool noise in the courtyard rooms made the woodsview room the ideal choice. And we took a wing room instead of lobby. You can hear noise from the lobby to a certain degree in those we felt, as we sat in rockers outside these rooms and took it all in. Our woodsview room was SO quiet, never a problem:D ! Sitting on the balcony at night was so nice;) !

Originally posted by CaliforniaDreaming
Our room was 4082, and it was in the lobby area. (right behind the fireplace)

999: do they junior suites have refrigerators? If I would reserve one, would it be possible to get concierge access at check-in? (for an additional fee) Can a concierge level guest get a complimentary refrigerator in their rooms? And, one more question! Are there any larger rooms (standard, woods, courtyard) or any rooms with side windows in the resort?

Thanks! :)

Cali - the Jr suites Or deluxe rooms as they are called have small refrigerators with an ice maker. Did you see the setup on the disney site? Here is the floor plan http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/waltdisneyworld/resorts/rooms/roomindex?id=WILDRoomLayout2Room

Yes - you can get concierge service with the junior suites. It is about $30-40 dollars more per night. I got this price from the front desk at the WL.

I have moved some of the information from this thread to the first page so that it's together.

BibbidiBobbidiBoo, if afterhours "guest" noise is an issue, don't ever hesitate to call the front desk. Once at DL (now PO) we had some folks loudly partying outside our room in the wee hours of the morning. I finally called the front desk. The said I should have called right away and they took care of it!

Jaguar 9748 stated "Third, the balconies on the 5th floor are partial walls - like dormers. You have to stand up to look over the balcony. The balconies on the first 4 floors are standard balconies that you can see through from all angles. "

I requested a room on the fifth floor because I had heard that only 6th and 7th floor rooms had the enclosed balconies. Is it true that the 5th floor balconies are enclosed also? I prefer to have an open balcony to see out while I am sitting.

Thanks!

Not all 5th floor rooms have enclosed balconies. Some third floor rooms do have enclosed balconies. We were in 372 with an enclosed balcony. Part of it is determined by the direction you face.

How is the transportation at WL. I hear good and bad reveiws? Anybody stayed there recently and could comment? I have read somewhere that there is not a buss for TL that you would have to go to transportation center and then on another bus. ..............We will have a car. How is the parking lot there? Is it a long walk to the rooms????? Thanks,,,,, Corvair

I meant noise from the beeping trucks outside some standard rooms, and the normal lobby noise that drifts upward in lobby rooms! I guess I should have been more clear! :) We have NEVER had guest noise that bothered us at Disney:) !

Does anyone know what time the boat that runs from WL to MK starts in the a.m.? We have PS at Crystal Palace at 8:20 and wanted to know if the boat was an option or if we had to drive. All these last minute things are driving me crazy.

Thanks for you help.

Laurie

We were thinking of making ressies for O'Hana's for breakfast (or 1900 Park Fare) and would like to know the same thing....

The resort boat starts at 7:30. We had a 8:05 ps at CP. We had planned to take this boat to CR and walk over(easy enough!), but our captain asked where we were going and offered to take us to MK!:D We got there in plenty of time, even after stopping at CR. I guess you could take boat to CR and monorail to Ohana's. This was in Dec. and the MK boat did not start until 8 I believe.?? Check the times when you get there!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter