New tours

I hung out a few times w the ABD guide on the Fantasy on the ship and he was definitely referring to cash reservations by DVC members.

Not knowing much about ABD pricing, I was asking if pricing on ABD changed based on capacity (like DCL) he responded that it worked similar to DCL - that prices can rise quickly on the most popular tours / dates. He then asked if I was a DVC member my immediate response was "I don't own enough points to book ABD with points". His response was that I would get introductory pricing as a DVC member no matter when I book. I was of the impression that this benefit was available on and off ship - since I was lamenting about not being able to use the 10% discount on 2014 dates (since they werent released yet and I wasnt planning on being back aboard anytime soon).

But since it now looks like I may be back on the Fantasy in Aug, I may be able to take the discount. But if the pricing is not at the intro rates aboard, I may screw myself for waiting until Aug to book as the price increases could be bigger than the 10% savings.
Thanks for that info. I had never heard of that as a DVC benefit. I'm sure several people here will be interested to hear how this all works out for you. Please let us know!

Sayhello

We adopted our daughter from Russia when she was four. She's now fourteen and we'd love to take her and our boys back to Russia, but it is NOT an easy place to visit as tourists. We'd love a Russian tour. I'd think with the tremendous amount of Russian adoptions by Americans over the last 15 years, it would be a popular trip....

We adopted our daughter from Russia when she was four. She's now fourteen and we'd love to take her and our boys back to Russia, but it is NOT an easy place to visit as tourists. We'd love a Russian tour. I'd think with the tremendous amount of Russian adoptions by Americans over the last 15 years, it would be a popular trip....
Cool idea! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

I am not sure about that. We are DVC members although we are big ABDers as well and book on release day. I guess if you use DVC points, you pay the same number of points whether it is release day or a few months before the tour date. Price-wise, I think regardless if you are DVC or not, you pay the prevailing cost at time of booking.

When is "release day"? I am looking to book an ABD Germany trip for honeymoon in 2014 and would like to book as soon as I can to avoid any price increases. When you are paying for a wedding I try to save money whereever I can!

I hung out a few times w the ABD guide on the Fantasy on the ship and he was definitely referring to cash reservations by DVC members.

Not knowing much about ABD pricing, I was asking if pricing on ABD changed based on capacity (like DCL) he responded that it worked similar to DCL - that prices can rise quickly on the most popular tours / dates. He then asked if I was a DVC member my immediate response was "I don't own enough points to book ABD with points". His response was that I would get introductory pricing as a DVC member no matter when I book. I was of the impression that this benefit was available on and off ship - since I was lamenting about not being able to use the 10% discount on 2014 dates (since they werent released yet and I wasnt planning on being back aboard anytime soon).

But since it now looks like I may be back on the Fantasy in Aug, I may be able to take the discount. But if the pricing is not at the intro rates aboard, I may screw myself for waiting until Aug to book as the price increases could be bigger than the 10% savings.

If you listen to the most recent DIS podcast (3/26/13 News,Housekeeping Rapidfire at the 39:15 mark), Kevin "annouced" / confirmed what I wrote above that... DVC members "guaranteed to get the lowest price" on ABD trips!

When is "release day"? I am looking to book an ABD Germany trip for honeymoon in 2014 and would like to book as soon as I can to avoid any price increases. When you are paying for a wedding I try to save money whereever I can!
Some time in May. We haven't gotten an exact date yet.

Sayhello

If you listen to the most recent DIS podcast (3/26/13 News,Housekeeping Rapidfire at the 39:15 mark), Kevin "annouced" / confirmed what I wrote above that... DVC members "guaranteed to get the lowest price" on ABD trips!

We just came off the Fantasy on Saturday and went to the ABD presentation and spoke with the representative at the booth. He was adamant that cash ressies made by DVC members always get the opening day price even if prices have gone up. He made this statement several times. We are strongly considering our first ABD for next year waiting for dates to come out.

We would also love a Russia trip with 2 kiddos adopted from Russia. Would be so much easier to take them back "Disney style" than to do it on our own.

Hilary

Also, the representative hinted that there were some exciting new things coming.

Hilary

Russia would be a great ABD destination. DCL did a two day stop in Russia on our 2010 Baltic cruise so they have some experience in the country. Even with two full days and White nights in Russia, I felt that there was a lot that we missed. I would definately consider that trip for 2014 or 2015.

I suspect there will be some new things for DVC members. On past trips I've never heard the guides mention DVC or ask the guests if they are DVC members, but they brought it up several times on our recent trip.

The feedback survey question lists the same destinations as last year, I think. Our guide mentioned that he thought the Yosemite trip would return someday. They still have Spain, Czech Republic and some other destinations that were once offered, but discontinued, so maybe those will come back someday too. Mostly they ask about places they already offer trips to. Here's the question

If you were to travel with Adventures by Disney® in the future, what destination(s) would you be most interested in?
(Please check all that apply.)

Alaska

Arizona & Utah

Australia

Austria & Czech Republic

Boston & New York

Bryce & Zion Canyons

California (Hollywood & Disneyland® Resort)

Cambodia/Vietnam

Canadian Rockies

China & Hong Kong

Costa Rica

Egypt

European Alps

France (Provence & Paris)

Galapagos Islands & Ecuador

Germany

Greece

Ireland

Italy (Rome, Tuscany & Venice)

Italy (Tuscany & Amalfi Coast)

London & Paris

Mid-Atlantic States

New Zealand

Northern California (San Francisco, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe)

Olympic Peninsula

Peru

Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Williamsburg

Southeast Asia

South Africa

Southwest Canyons

Spain

Tasmania (Australia)

Wyoming

Someplace not listed (please specify)

I suspect there will be some new things for DVC members. On past trips I've never heard the guides mention DVC or ask the guests if they are DVC members, but they brought it up several times on our recent trip.

The feedback survey question lists the same destinations as last year, I think. Our guide mentioned that he thought the Yosemite trip would return someday. They still have Spain, Czech Republic and some other destinations that were once offered, but discontinued, so maybe those will come back someday too. Mostly they ask about places they already offer trips to. Here's the question

If you were to travel with Adventures by Disney® in the future, what destination(s) would you be most interested in?
(Please check all that apply.)

Alaska

Arizona & Utah

Australia

Austria & Czech Republic

Boston & New York

Bryce & Zion Canyons

Cambodia/Vietnam

Canadian Rockies

China & Hong Kong

Costa Rica

Egypt

European Alps

Germany

Greece

Ireland

Italy (Rome, Tuscany & Venice)

London & Paris

Mid-Atlantic States

New Zealand

Olympic Peninsula

Peru

Southeast Asia

South Africa

Southwest Canyons

Spain

Tasmania (Australia)

Wyoming

Hmmmm... I noticed they removed Japan from the list...

I guess the DVC thing would be paying the same cost even if you book when the price has gone up. They are currently offering a New York exclusive ABD for DVC members as well.

I was told by the ABD guide/rep on the Fantasy 2 weeks ago that the release date would be June 1st. He seemed pretty certain. He also hinted that ABD was hiring quite a few people that speak Portuguese. Russia would be a great destination too, though.

I was told by the ABD guide/rep on the Fantasy 2 weeks ago that the release date would be June 1st. He seemed pretty certain. He also hinted that ABD was hiring quite a few people that speak Portuguese. Russia would be a great destination too, though.

Is Brazil and the Amazon on the list?

Hmmm. I don't think they've ever offered the Olympic Peninsula or Brice & Zion before. Have those always been on the survey?

Sayhello

Hmmm. I don't think they've ever offered the Olympic Peninsula or Brice & Zion before. Have those always been on the survey?

Sayhello

This is the list from 2011 the last time I took the survey. I think this year's list is exactly the same.

Alaska
Arizona & Utah
Australia
Austria & Czech Republic
Boston & New York
Bryce & Zion Canyons
Cambodia/Vietnam
Canadian Rockies
China & Hong Kong
Costa Rica
Egypt
European Alps
Germany
Ireland
London & Paris
Mid-Atlantic States
New Zealand
Olympic Peninsula
Peru
Southeast Asia
South Africa
Southwest Canyons
Spain
Tasmania (Australia)
Wyoming

Ah I would love an ABD return to Spain with Portugal added! And Japan. And Russia!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter