New to the WISH board, and off to read some threads...

Barb D

DIS Veteran
I came looking for y'all because I need HELP! My GP read me the riot act a couple of weeks ago and said I have to make losing weight my number 1 priority in life. In addition, I need surgery, and the surgeon told me yesterday that I have to lose 50 pounds before she'll do the surgery.

They both recommended Weight Watchers. I've done it before and lost 25 pounds, but gained it back. I know I CAN do it, but frankly I'm not looking forward to all the record keeping, etc. But I have to do it.

My DD and I joined Ladies Workout Express (similar to Curves), and I have an unused Nordic Track.

So here goes nothing! I've got to do this. I'd really like to lose at least 100 pounds.

Barb, welcome to the WISH board! You'll find lots of friendly people and support for your weight loss / healthy living journey!

I do low-carb but there are lots of others doing Weight Watchers here. We all support each other, regardless of plan, because we all want to live a healthy life!

Addinf in lots of healthy habits all at once can be a bit overwhelming so you may want to start small. Start making it a habit to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. When you're comfortable with that habit, then add in another - maybe a short walk every day or a healthy breakfast daily? Just remember that small steps can add up to big success!

Best wishes! :sunny:

Hi Barb
I am doing South Beach and also having good results. (I hate to call it low carb because I am eating for veggies than I did before starting). I like you didn't want to be bothered with counting and weighing and the like. If you want to do Weight Watchers you may want to look into their Core program. On Core from what I understand you can eat as much as you want of any of the core foods and you only count your "treats". The most important thing is to do is look and try to find a plan that you can live with. Good luck. I've lost about 45 lbs (counting prewish) and still have about 100lbs more to lose to reach goal so I know how daunting it can seem. Hang in there in whatever you do.

I just joined WW last night, so I'm with ya Barb.

I am going with the Flex plan since I know one person personally that has lost 80 lbs. following it and she looks amazing! She was the push I needed.

Today is my first day counting points...we'll see how it goes. And my mom called me this morning to go to lunch at the Pizza Hut buffet of all places. :rolleyes: Maybe I should tell her about WW. I did convince her to go to Applebees instead so I can order a WW entree. ::yes::

Welcome to WISH Barb. I'm sure you'll like it here. There's support for just about any question!

Good luck!

Welcome to WISH, Barb! You've definitely come to the right place for help -- there are people here on all sorts of different plans, but we all share a desire to change ourselves for the healthier!

You'll find support, encouragement, information, and cheers here, just jump in!

Good for you for taking the most important step, which is deciding that you need to make a change. However you go about it, we'll be here to help every step of the way!

:sunny:

Welcome Barb! I know you're gonna love it here. Lots of support and wonderful people just waiting to help you out! Best of luck to you in reaching your goals! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter