New To Dvc

zendisney

<font color=deeppink>The Dis is like potato chips.
We are going to be visting using our DVC stay for the first time mid March.
We have a "just turned three" girl. Any advice from experienced members?
This is our daughter's first time at Disney. I know she is going to be very excited I hope I don't miss any important details. Feel free to share your experiences, advice, etc.
Thanks

well where are you staying?

be prepared to spend a lot of time at the MK - so might go to Epcot, studios and AK first.

of course if she is an animal lover - will enjoy AK too.

you need to schedule her regular nap times and bedtime. Don't change anything if you can. It helps to kept the same schedule.

That is so great your little ones first trip to Disney. How great that you bought into DVC while she is little. You have so many years ahead to look forward to fun vacations. That being said my advice would be, don't feel like you have to run around like crazy doing everything in one trip. Enjoy relaxing by the pool ,go to a park for a few hours than go back to the resort and go swimming during the afternoon.

There are quite a few character meals you might like to go to .In the magic Kingdom there is The Crystal Palace which has Winnie the Pooh and friends, Chief Mickey in The Contempory Hotel is als a fun Character Meal you might enjoy.

There is so much to do and I'm sure others will give you some good ideas. Just have a great time at the most magical place in the world. I enjoyed it with my kids and now I enjoy it even more with my grandkids. :yay: :yay: :yay: Where are you staying?

My advide - DON'T be disappointed if all she wants to do is play in the kiddie areas (with the slides and other stuff you can do at a park by your house :lmao: ). Our two trips with DS (now 5 but took him at 3 and 4), while amazed by all the stuff to do at WDW, he seemed just as excited about playing in Pooh's Playland (or whatever it's called) as he was about going on Pooh's Wild Ride !.

Take things at HER speed, not yours, and last but not least ------ ENJOY, YOU'RE ALL GONNA HAVE A GREAT TIME !!!!!

Chris

well where are you staying?

be prepared to spend a lot of time at the MK - so might go to Epcot, studios and AK first.

of course if she is an animal lover - will enjoy AK too.

you need to schedule her regular nap times and bedtime. Don't change anything if you can. It helps to kept the same schedule.

we are staying at Saratoga Springs which is our home resort... she does love animals. Thanks for the great suggestions.:goodvibes

My advide - DON'T be disappointed if all she wants to do is play in the kiddie areas (with the slides and other stuff you can do at a park by your house :lmao: ). Our two trips with DS (now 5 but took him at 3 and 4), while amazed by all the stuff to do at WDW, he seemed just as excited about playing in Pooh's Playland (or whatever it's called) as he was about going on Pooh's Wild Ride !.

Take things at HER speed, not yours, and last but not least ------ ENJOY, YOU'RE ALL GONNA HAVE A GREAT TIME !!!!!

Chris
Thanks for the tips. We have done WDW a lot by ourselves... I truly think it will be fun and a great joy to see Disney through her eyes.:)

We don't have kids, so I don't have any advice yet. But I got a smile on my face thinking of you taking her for the FIRST time. We can't wait to share Disney with our first child. Enjoy every moment! :thumbsup2

Chris

LOL, this is so true. My three year old niece loved the playground area at the DVC resorts.

Here's the list I provide to family and friends traveling with young children for Magic Kingdom.

Fantasyland (visit at opening)
 Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
 Dumbo the Flying Elephant
 It's a Small World
 Mad Tea Party
 Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh**
 Mickey's PhilharMagic
 Peter Pan's Flight**
 Pooh's Playful Spot**
 Snow White's Scary Adventures**
 Ariel’s Grotto
 Storytime with Belle (Check Times Guide for Show times; Get here at least 20 minutes early to get good seats)
Mickey's Toontown Fair (visit at opening)
 Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm (at least 35" tall to ride)
 Donald's Boat
 Toon Park
 Mickey's Country House
 Minnie's Country House
 Toontown Hall of Fame (take pictures with various Disney characters)
 Mickey’s Judge's Tent (go here 1st to avoid the long lines)
Main Street USA (visit anytime)
 Walt Disney World Railroad
Adventureland (visit anytime)
 Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management
 Magic Carpets of Aladdin (similar to Dumbo)
Frontierland (visit anytime)
 Country Bear Jamboree
Cinderella Castle (check Times Guide for Show times)
 Dream Along With Mickey (show is performed on the stage in front of the castle)
 Disney Dreams Come True" Parade

** CAUTION - Young children may find this ride/show scary and may not want to go on any others! (Peter Pan ride is in the dark, Snow White has a scary witch, Pooh has thunder, Tiki Room show dark with loud lightning bolt) WARNING: You may want to try these attractions last otherwise they may refuse to try any other ride if they have a bad experience.

NOTE: Also Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion & Stitch’s Great Escape are in the dark with scary scenes

That is so great your little ones first trip to Disney. How great that you bought into DVC while she is little. You have so many years ahead to look forward to fun vacations. That being said my advice would be, don't feel like you have to run around like crazy doing everything in one trip. Enjoy relaxing by the pool ,go to a park for a few hours than go back to the resort and go swimming during the afternoon.

There are quite a few character meals you might like to go to .In the magic Kingdom there is The Crystal Palace which has Winnie the Pooh and friends, Chief Mickey in The Contempory Hotel is als a fun Character Meal you might enjoy.

There is so much to do and I'm sure others will give you some good ideas. Just have a great time at the most magical place in the world. I enjoyed it with my kids and now I enjoy it even more with my grandkids. :yay: :yay: :yay: Where are you staying?

Very excellent advice.... Don't stress out thinking you have to do everything or even just the best things. Disney is designed to be more than a one trip experience.... Avoid commando style suggestions. Just take it as it comes. Enjoy... as it comes.

You are DVC now. You will be taking in new things every year.

Especially, on your first trip... try to relax and set the stage for easy-going trips in the future.

Good Luck. :beach:

I also suggest a character dining experience. I think it's a less stressful way for very young children to see the Disney characters for the first time in person. I like to start the preschoolers with Ohana's for breakfast.

Have a wonderful time:)

A lot depends on what sort of personality she has -- if she's brave and yet patient you can have a whole different experience than if she's shy and tires easily. Take your time, and remember that you will be back so you don't have to try to do everything this trip. Do get a lot of Photopass photos of all of you, and of her with characters, if she's willing. Take "size" photos of her next to things that you can take each time you go to show how she's grown -- the comparison photos are really fun.

Actually, I'd go more for doing the fun stuff with her, and not worry about rushing from attraction to attraction (or pushing her to do something she's reluctant about now -- she'll try it next time). The cute photos you get will pay dividends in the long run, rather than the waiting in line and spending a minute on a ride.

(I'm not a fan of little girls in beauty pageants, but if she's a princess and patient, and you can afford the hefty price tag -- it would be really fun to have the photos from the Bibbidi Bobbity Boutique) -- but watch out for her getting overtired later in the day if you go to a Park with her in costume (take along a change of clothes). One of the benefits of staying onsite is going back to the room and relaxing/napping for a while -- esp with DVC, since you're committed to many more trips now!).

Have a wonderful, magical time!! (from a grandma).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter