New to Canon t2i, need lens rec's please

I was just a secondary photographer. The main photographer was asked by the bride to photograph the wedding even though she only did photography as a hobby. The bride was on a tight budget and not looking for any professional photos.
That being said, I did still manage to get some great shots. I just noticed the blur on a lot of the action shots, especially during the reception. I was quite dissappointed considering I had the better camera :(

I think this was a point that Disneyboy2003 was making earlier. The reality is that unless you are very comfortable using your camera and understand photography basics such as exposure, shuter speed, composition and lighting, having the latest camera will not translate into better pictures. Here is an example - these were taken on Expedition Everest with a 35 mm film toy camera that has one focal length (10mm), a fixed aperture (f8) and two shutters (1/100s or Bulb (however long your finger stays put)).

p983268664-4.jpg

p1050037029-5.jpg

It is hard to get lower tech than this camera (it doesn't even have viewfinder :confused3), but you can still get consistent and good photos (well, I like them ;)) when you understand the basics of exposure.

You can get great pictures out of any camera on a more consistent basis when you understand the basics. I would strongly suggest reading up some more or taking classes if you can - this will be a greater help than faster lenses in both the short and long term. I know that I found classes very helpful (and fun!) for my photography.

this is a great advice! I have the T2i and still learning (taking some private lessons) and this helps a lot. Thanks for taking the time to post!

I was quite dissappointed considering I had the better camera :(

Hmmm, your Canon T2i is already considered an "entry level" dSLR camera. If your entry level camera was already the "better camera", I wonder what camera the actual wedding photographer was using? :confused:

You should also consider the 85mm f1.8 prime lens. It is in many wedding photographer's bag and takes really good portrait pictures in a variety of conditions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter