New Thread - What have you seen on the EA?

Mady/Sophiemom said:
OK, I'm a serious Newby to renting cars. Got an awsome rate, or at least I think so. $158.00 for 8 days.

I reserved a full-size car. I also joined the Emerald Aisle, with the link from Mousesavers.

We need at least a full-size. We tend to overpack. Anyway, if I get this right, I will be able to bypass the counter :teeth:, and am guaranteed to at least a full-size, but possibly something better? OR, am I going to put in a full-size car automatically.

The main perk for us was to by-pass the line, but any thing else would be wonderful!!! :rotfl:

You joined the Emerald Club through Mousesavers and if you book an Intermediate, you get "Emerald Aisle" service and can go to the Emerald Aisle to pick an Intermediate or better but probably an Intermediate...there are no guarantees.

If you booked a Full size, then you get "Emerald Reserve" service and you go to the aisle with only Full sizes on it. There will be NO upgrade.

Both Emerald Reserve (all sizes except Intermediate) and Emerald Aisle bypass the counter.

beattyfamily said:
You joined the Emerald Club through Mousesavers and if you book an Intermediate, you get "Emerald Aisle" service and can go to the Emerald Aisle to pick an Intermediate or better but probably an Intermediate...there are no guarantees.

If you booked a Full size, then you get "Emerald Reserve" service and you go to the aisle with only Full sizes on it. There will be NO upgrade.

Both Emerald Reserve (all sizes except Intermediate) and Emerald Aisle bypass the counter.

Thank you!!!! I finally think I understand. :goodvibes :goodvibes

Lawgs,

That's what happened to us about four years ago. We thought we had "struck it rich" when we saw the Park Avenue on the EA. We were so excited about it until we reached the booth! The lady at the booth said it was not supposed to be an EA car so she made all the cars lined up behind us back up (arrrggg) and then made us back up and put the car back. We were disappointed but that's the way it goes.

Donna

Just got back from Disneyland Ca, flew into SNA John Wayne Airport. We used National Emerald Aisle and got a brand new Pontiac G6. It was fun to drive, with all the bells and whistles including a keyless starter. I loved driving it. Our rates at SNA were a little lower than MCO.
By the way, I just got my free rental coupon from National and it expires June 18th, so I am going to use it in April, I booked a Full Size Emerald Reserve for a five day rental and the total comes to $113.20, Full Size Emerald Reserve. The coupon value was $23.40.
Michele

poutytink said:
I have already booked a full size car ( I like a big car with 4 doors )w/National for Sept 23. With my coupon & discounts its $228.10. I was wondering if I would be better off using the Emerald Club # I just signed up for and booking the intermediate for $214.58 ( w/same cuopon & discount) and being able to choose my car and bypassing the counter.....I just don't want to get stuck with a car thats only 2 door and on the smallish size. What do you guys think I SHOULD DO?

In my experience, there are usually some full sized cars on EA, but there is no guarantee. The worst you will do is an intermediate and they usually have 4 doors.

The last time we were there, we got a grand prix, and there were several other full size GM cars as well. Sept 23 is a slow time so there will probably be a good selection of cars. However, if you really want a full sized car, for $14 more, I would go with Emerald Reserve. You can reserve a full size and go directly to the lot, just like EA.

I just checked the rates for your date. If you enter the priceless code from the mousesavers.com website:

http://www.mousesavers.com/national.html#codes

and you print the 15$ coupon mentioned on that site, you can get a full size through Emerald reserve for about $165 for the week. You might want to check that out. The EA rate is slightly less but as mentioned above, there is a risk that you will get a 4 door intermediate.

Well here is our experience with Emerald Isle 2 days ago at WDW.
All I have to say is THANK YOU ALL!! Your help was great, we got a car for $250 for 10 days and it has worked out great!!
We arrived on Alaska Air so went to lot A about 6:45 AM.
After a little confusion about where the national lot was at, we walked over to the Emerald Isle.
There were about 15 cars there.
A few G6's, a Buick Rendezvous, some Grand Ams' and even a Jeep Grand Cherokee with about 1200 miles on it, which is the one we snagged. Good thing because we were sweating how we were going to get 6 people and their luggage back to WDW.
It worked out great and I couldn't be happier!!

OK - What is the difference between Lot A and Lot B? Is it airline dependant?

Thanks

Tim

Hawk said:
OK - What is the difference between Lot A and Lot B? Is it airline dependant?

Thanks

Tim

Sort of. There is an A side and a B side to the terminal. When you get off the plane you take a monorail to the main terminal. You come in on the A side or the B side depending on which airline you are on. However, when you get to the main terminal, it is fairly easy to cross over to the other side of the terminal if you wanted to. Each side of the terminal has its own car rental lot so there is a chance you could get a better selection of cars on one side vs. the other. That's why threads are specifying which side they rented from.

Just returned last night.
Rented from A side - Took a Chevy Equinox.
Not much else on the asile except intermediate size.

Anyone know what the cars are like around 8:00 pm. We don't arrive until 8:05 pm.

disneymom1 said:
Sort of. There is an A side and a B side to the terminal. When you get off the plane you take a monorail to the main terminal. You come in on the A side or the B side depending on which airline you are on. However, when you get to the main terminal, it is fairly easy to cross over to the other side of the terminal if you wanted to. Each side of the terminal has its own car rental lot so there is a chance you could get a better selection of cars on one side vs. the other. That's why threads are specifying which side they rented from.

Thanks disneymom1 :)

Tim

Before Southwest changed their flight times, we used to arrive around 8:30 p.m. and would get to the Aisle after picking up our luggage. Usually there would be one or two cars on the Aisle at that time of night. Last September because there was only one car on the Aisle, the attendant told us to take a car off the Executive Aisle. We took a Chevy Equinox.

Now that Southwest changed our flight times, we arrive around 12:10 p.m. and the Aisle is full. Last month we got a Buick LaCrosse, loaded, with 5,000 miles and were very happy.

We just got back. It was our first time using National Emerald and wow, it was soooooo easy. We weren't sure exactly what to do when we got there so I asked an attendant and he said pick anyone (we reserved full-sized)...I said even that Blazer? and he said, yep..woohoo. So we got new Blazer, there were lots of PT cruisers, Sebrings, Sebring convertables, a few La Crosse's and impalas, also a few vans. 178.00 for 10 days, what a great deal!

sandy

did you use Emerald Aisle or Emerald Reserve it is not clear from you post even though you said you had reserved FULL size?

if you found all those cars on the Full Size aisle, they must be offering a "mixed bag of car selections" similar to what they used to offer on Emerald Aisle....on the full size aisle also

lawgs said:
sandy

did you use Emerald Aisle or Emerald Reserve it is not clear from you post even though you said you had reserved FULL size?

if you found all those cars on the Full Size aisle, they must be offering a "mixed bag of car selections" similar to what they used to offer on Emerald Aisle....on the full size aisle also

I looked back on the email and it says Emerald Reserve. We arrived later at night and alot of cars were gone and I couldn't find the sign that said Full Size so when I asked he, he looked at my confirmation that I had printed out and said just grab anyone. Actually the bill shows executive. All the cars I mentioned were on the same row though.

OK, here comes a stupid question. Joined EA, and made my reservation for the intermediate. Now, what do I do. Just take the confirmation and walk right out into the lot?

Sounds too easy!

KLAIT said:
OK, here comes a stupid question. Joined EA, and made my reservation for the intermediate. Now, what do I do. Just take the confirmation and walk right out into the lot?

Sounds too easy!

It is easy. I was unsure myself and DH kept arguing with me about it, lol. You get your luggage and cross the street to the parking lot (there will be a National sign) and yes, look for the sign that say intermediate, pick a car from that area, keys are in the car already and drive out. You will go through a booth and give your info to the attendant there, its quick. DH looked so uncomfy until we got to the booth, I think he was waiting for someone to yell at him to get out of the car or something lol.

thanks sandy...

the aisle you were describing was the Executive Aisle across from the Emerald Aisle ( that is why there would be so many different choices )

thus, some may get fortunate if they have booked full size and nothing is on the full size aisle when they arrive ( i think the executive and emerald aisles are the first row of cars as you enter the garage, then the other aisles are beyond them.... )

Sandyincanada said:
It is easy. I was unsure myself and DH kept arguing with me about it, lol. You get your luggage and cross the street to the parking lot (there will be a National sign) and yes, look for the sign that say intermediate, pick a car from that area, keys are in the car already and drive out. You will go through a booth and give your info to the attendant there, its quick. DH looked so uncomfy until we got to the booth, I think he was waiting for someone to yell at him to get out of the car or something lol.

If you booked Emerald Aisle Intermediate, you could pick off the row labeled Emerald Aisle or the Intermediate row.

We picked up our car late for us. We usually are there at 10 am, but took a later flight that was late because of the snow Monday and didn't get there until 5:30 pm. There were 3 sad looking, higher mileage malibus on the aisle, and the guy said we would also have to take one of those for our intermediate. I whined a bit about the lack of choice and he took us over to Alamo and gave us each a SUV (sorry, no idea of the kind). One of them had the check engine light on, so we took one and got a malibu. The malibu is on its way as we speak, to switch out at the car care center, as the check engine light on that came on. They are all going to KSC, so they wanted to be sure they wouldn't break down.
This is the first time I have been disappointed with the cars from National (they weren't cleaned well, and had several scratches and the glove compartment has to be propped with an umbrella when we park since it's broken and the light stays on), however, I do realize it's winter break week, and it won't stop me from using them in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter