New Themed Magic Bands

Hockeychic

Going for Dopey 2025
Good afternoon all.

Has any one here had any luck ordering the new themed magic bands?

My reservation wont left me. It keeps telling me not available.

Is this not something us Canadians can't get?

Thank you

Kim

To the best of my knowledge they are out of stock. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless your trip is in the next month or so. I heard July 3rd as a date that there may be new stock but they totally underestimated demand on the band upgrade and rolled it out really poorly.

Oh great thank you. I don't go till January so plenty of time.

Will check periodically.

Thank you

According to the website, these are the limited selection and more will be available soon - so if none of these tickle your fancy you can wait (depending on when your trip is of course).

Down to only 5 or 6 themed magic band selections on Sat morning. Still very popular and sell out fast.

was finally able to order our upgraded magic bands for our Annual Passes...got the Castle for me and Sorcerer Mickey for my Mom...had the bands shipped to my friend in Orlando and they have already arrived...

Ordering the bands has proven to be a challenge for all! There is a 40 page thread here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-bands-upgrade.3748491/ where people are sharing their experiences.

Just a heads up to those who are used to the way bands were ordered in the past. Now, once you confirm your order ALL bands are locked in and changes cannot be made. The challenge is that they system forces you to order bands for all members of your party at the same time. In the past we could choose a colour and then had X number of days to change it but that no longer exists. If you order specialty bands for 1 or more people in your party, unless you choose a specialty or plain band for others in your party they will automatically be sent a gray band.

The ordering of these has been a challenge with people receiving many errors before actually securing an order. Even after that some people have received an email stating the band they paid for is no longer available. Their cc is refunded and they're normally sent a code that they can use to get $10 off most bands on the Shop Disney app and free shipping.

The other thing is that the availability of bands fluctuates frequently!! Like, many times a day frequently at times!! Just keep trying and hope for the best.

I secured a specialty band for the daughter the first day they were offered and it's still the picture showing up on MDE so from what I hear that's a good thing and she should receive it when we arrive at Pop in September. Here's hoping!!

I'm glad our trip isn't for 7 more months! Hope the hype has died down a little by then. I couldn't imagine getting your heart set on one and having a trip in the next month or two...

Just a heads up to those who are used to the way bands were ordered in the past. Now, once you confirm your order ALL bands are locked in and changes cannot be made. The challenge is that they system forces you to order bands for all members of your party at the same time. In the past we could choose a colour and then had X number of days to change it but that no longer exists. If you order specialty bands for 1 or more people in your party, unless you choose a specialty or plain band for others in your party they will automatically be sent a gray band.
Good to know. Thank you for the heads up.

Has anyone had success shipping to a resort?
I've ordered mine, and received a confirmation email saying that they will be shipped to our hotel 10 days before our trip. Our trip isn't until September though.

I've ordered mine, and received a confirmation email saying that they will be shipped to our hotel 10 days before our trip. Our trip isn't until September though.
I am September too! did you call or order online?

My trip is next month and my confirmation says they’ll be shipped to my resort. The upgraded Magic Bands are showing in MDE as linked and active.
Thanks for posting! I just went into MDE and noticed that our upgraded magic bands are showing up as linked and active too. I hadn't thought to check that before. Have a great trip!

Thanks for posting! I just went into MDE and noticed that our upgraded magic bands are showing up as linked and active too. I hadn't thought to check that before. Have a great trip!
Thanks you too!

Has anyone had success shipping to a resort?

Yes, however due to how close our trip was, I was given a code to order my MB from Shop Disney. I will warn you, that if the bands are shipped to resort, there may be a "package fee" of $6 attached. I was able to get this fee waived as I am in Canada and Disney will not mail the MB to Canada so having them shipped to the resort was the only choice.

Yes, however due to how close our trip was, I was given a code to order my MB from Shop Disney. I will warn you, that if the bands are shipped to resort, there may be a "package fee" of $6 attached. I was able to get this fee waived as I am in Canada and Disney will not mail the MB to Canada so having them shipped to the resort was the only choice.
Curious! Did they try to charge you at the resort? This is the first I’ve heard a package fee mentioned for a MB delivery. Canadian MB are always shipped to the resorts and we’ve never had an extra charge.

Curious! Did they try to charge you at the resort? This is the first I’ve heard a package fee mentioned for a MB delivery. Canadian MB are always shipped to the resorts and we’ve never had an extra charge.

Yes, when the CM retrieved the package with our upgraded MBs in it there was a paper taped to the package that said a $6 package fee had been added to my folio. When I questioned this and the fact that Disney won't mail the MB to Canada, the CM got a manager and she removed the charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter