MUDoc81

Earning My Ears
My daughter was very excited to meet Rey the other day! So excited that we forgot to get her autograph! Does anyone have a picture they could upload of her signature? Thanks!

The star wars characters weren't allowed to do autographs when we were last there in June.

Can use some help with packing the lightsabers.

We have the large suitcase and are flying united.

We removed the blade from the hilt.

Leave the blade in the bag and place diagonal?

Let blade free float?

The blade does not fit flush against the back.

I think we have it sorted but looking for advice from anyone who has traveled

I mailed the blade back, didnt fit in suitcase. Took the hilt in the suitcase. Bell services taped 3 boxes together and i put sheathed blade in that. Boxes were the rectangular priority mail type.

I saw that posting from the TSA, but I'm curious about whether airlines are actually allowing them as carry-on. I had read that the blades were about 36" long, which would exceed the maximum allowable size for most carry-ons, even at the diagonal.

I flew with mine as a carry on (with the lightsaber bag) via SNA and United, along with a backpack and a shopping bag. United gate agents didn't stop me and neither did the attendants. I took the hilt off and only left the blade in the lightsaber bag. It fit in the back of the overhead bin with no problems. I blocked the end with the connections with another carry on and was a little worried about the rest of it, but some other passenger put his full size carry on in with no problem. It helps that the bins are curved with more space at the back of the bin on the bottom. A standard suitcase won't touch that area because it'll hit the curved part on the top.

Wow, so United let you take on three pieces of carry-on? That's lucky! The last time I had a carry-on, a personal item, and a bag from the food court, they made me shove the food court bag into the carry-on so that I only had two items.

DH carried his in the provided case as a carry on on 2 American Airline flights on Saturday along w his backpack and roller bag. No issues. It easily fit in overhead storage (without hilt) on both flights with one flight being a smaller plane where roller bags weren’t allowed (2x2 seating)

So from what I understand the blade is 36inches which will definitely not fit ina Suitcase. No suitcase that I can see for sale is large enough.

I’m in Australia and I checked with Qantas and a virgin Australia and they both said they will NOT accept them as carry on.

I saw that posting from the TSA, but I'm curious about whether airlines are actually allowing them as carry-on. I had read that the blades were about 36" long, which would exceed the maximum allowable size for most carry-ons, even at the diagonal.

I’ve seen sooo many kids get on planes carrying the huge Kylo Ren lightsabers.

Airport security in Germany confiscated my toy lightsaber from the "Build your own lightsaber" years ago. Classified it as a weapon. Wish I was kidding.

Go to the local UPS store, send it back via that way, would be the best way to do it. They will put it into a well built box, they have them for golf clubs. Just don't do it until the day before you go home so it doesn't beat you home. Google UPS store.

I have flown with prints in a mailing tube before. I think they count it as a carry on, but, I am not too sure. I am planning on putting the hilt in my "personal" bag that fits under the seat and bring a mailing tube for the blade. Hopefully I can fit 2 blades into it as we will have 2 light sabers. My DD plans to do the same with her hilt. I am a little nervous about my plan because we are flying into and out of LAX - saved $150 even after adding ground transportation in.

I read on reddit that Southwest was allowing them no problem, but that they counted as a carry on item, so no carry on suitcase if you have a lightsaber. I was hoping to get some ideas from here about how we can handle getting ours from WDW back home to Cali next year. From what I've found so far I think mailing the case and the blade home and carrying the handle is going to be the best bet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!