New Summer Direct Incentives

CMDR Thor--are you an existing DVC member? If so you would be seeing add on discounts rather than new member ones.

I'd be surprised if a non-DVC member could get such a significant increased discount simply by having a "my disney experience" login ID. It does make sense to me that add-ons would be cheaper than initial buys, since a 100 point minimum for a new buyer is easy to justify given the point chart, whereas it is harder to justify buying so many points (and paying dues on them) when you are already have a DVC membership.

**Edited to add, I just noticed the minimum for incentives in CmdrThor's chart is 100 points, whereas it is 150 points for the "general public" chart. That makes me suspect the better incentives are definitely only add-on, since 150 was required for new purchaser direct incentives prior to May 13.
Yes I am a member and what I posted is the add-on incentive.

OK... so, I'm within the 10 day period on Riviera, and the new incentive is double what I was offered. Do I just call my guide and ask what they'll do for me? Do I have to actually cancel and repurchase?

Thanks.
I've never done this personally -- but my understanding is that you just call up your guide and tell them you want to cancel your old contract and do the new incentives. They will then draw up new contracts for you to sign.

If you have already booked days with the points -- I'm not sure how they handle that -- but I am assuming that too can be worked around.

I am not a fan of these "Act Fast" promotions. With Disney now doing this a couple times in a row, why would anyone who did any research buy in the last month of the current promotion knowing there may be another "Act Fast" promotion around the corner which will possibly bring a better deal? It seems Disney is playing with the pricing more than they typically have. I would feel cheated if I bought in that last month and then Disney had a much better "Act Fast" promotion come along. Makes me feel even better I just bought Riviera resale.
That is true, about feeling cheated. There is another way to go at it. My DW and I were looking to buy at our last stay and the cast member discussed starting the contract prior to May 12 to determine if the incentives got better. If they didn't we could keep original contract with those incentives, but if the new rates were better we could the non-completed contract to those!
Edit: oops I just saw Sandi's similar post above.

OK... so, I'm within the 10 day period on Riviera, and the new incentive is double what I was offered. Do I just call my guide and ask what they'll do for me? Do I have to actually cancel and repurchase?

Thanks.

Yes. Tell him or her you notice the new incentives are better so please redo the contract for you!

It will not change anything regarding your membership so if you have used points already to book it won’t impact that.

Yes. Tell him or her you notice the new incentives are better so please redo the contract for you!

It will not change anything regarding your membership so if you have used points already to book it won’t impact that.
Excellent, thank you!

Just called my guide, and all is as you said. They will rewrite the contract (it might take a while to get the docs since that team is obviously busy today). I did move those new points into an upcoming trip already, but they won't be affected by this, per the guide.

And even better, if you're a cash buyer, they don't refund the entire price and run the new one, you just get a refund of the difference (which might take a while).

Excellent, thank you!

Just called my guide, and all is as you said. They will rewrite the contract (it might take a while to get the docs since that team is obviously busy today). I did move those new points into an upcoming trip already, but they won't be affected by this, per the guide.

And even better, if you're a cash buyer, they don't refund the entire price and run the new one, you just get a refund of the difference (which might take a while).
Glad to hear it all worked out!

Nice. SSR 1000+ is only $28 now, was $38 in the prior round of incentives. I had been told by brokers that the last round of incentives was the best he had ever see for some sold out resorts. Looks like it’s true!

I’m in the middle of this myself. I managed to get in under the wire since my contract wasn’t paid in full yet (was cycling through my credit card to collect cash back points, which took a few weeks). Apparently since it wasn’t fully paid, I was still able to cancel and reissue the contract with the new incentives.

I was also told by my guide that our current reservations should transfer over to the new account, but it will take a few days. We already received our new docs to sign, signed them and have our new account numbers. The reservations don’t show up in our new account yet but here’s hoping it all works out🤞

I’m in the middle of this myself. I managed to get in under the wire since my contract wasn’t paid in full yet (was cycling through my credit card to collect cash back points, which took a few weeks). Apparently since it wasn’t fully paid, I was still able to cancel and reissue the contract with the new incentives.

I was also told by my guide that our current reservations should transfer over to the new account, but it will take a few days. We already received our new docs to sign, signed them and have our new account numbers. The reservations don’t show up in our new account yet but here’s hoping it all works out🤞
Funny, we're having an almost opposite experience. I haven't gotten new docs, and last night the old contract was cancelled, but the existing reservation stayed. About an hour later the new contract was added, but the points haven't been reallocated, so I still have a reservation that - while I have the points - actually doesn't have the correct number of points assigned to it. MS told me not to worry, it wouldn't be cancelled, admin is probably still in progress on it.

Funny, we're having an almost opposite experience. I haven't gotten new docs, and last night the old contract was cancelled, but the existing reservation stayed. About an hour later the new contract was added, but the points haven't been reallocated, so I still have a reservation that - while I have the points - actually doesn't have the correct number of points assigned to it. MS told me not to worry, it wouldn't be cancelled, admin is probably still in progress on it.

As long as your membership isn’t changing, it will be fine. That happened to me when I did a gratuitous transfer by adding my kids to my SSR membership. Reservation stayed intact as they updated things.

Same with RIV when we changed incentives!

As long as your membership isn’t changing, it will be fine. That happened to me when I did a gratuitous transfer by adding my kids to my SSR membership. Reservation stayed intact as they updated things.

Same with RIV when we changed incentives!
I'm planning on calling this evening if I don't see any points move. With the original contract, I banked the new RIV 2020 points to 2021, then applied them to my trip, getting my 2021 BLT points back. Now that the new contract is in place, those points are all in their original place - RIV 2020 still in 2020, BLT 2021 still there.

I'd hate for some computer program to sweep all reservations looking for anomalies over the weekend, then try to correct it on Monday on the one day they are only handling Wish bookings.

I didn't really evaluate but at a glance it looks like if you're a new member looking to purchase a decent amount of points that you might be best off doing the minimal purchase required to become a member and then adding on before 8/4.

125 Riviera is $201- $8 = $193
150 Rviera is $201 - $15 = $186

Just double checking, is this the cost per point for each scenario even if you have a white card?

Just double checking, is this the cost per point for each scenario even if you have a white card?
Yes, I had a white card and qualified for the member pricing.

The blue and white cards play no role in qualifying for incentives, They are only for your ability to access membership extras,

Anyone who owns points is considered a current member for add on prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter