New Service: store your personal vacation gear

Is the locker big enough to hold a pillow on top of everything? I have a really bad neck and have to travel with a special neck pillow. Would be nice to leave one so I don't have to lug it on a plane every time. Thanks!

Is the locker big enough to hold a pillow on top of everything? I have a really bad neck and have to travel with a special neck pillow. Would be nice to leave one so I don't have to lug it on a plane every time. Thanks!

if there is not enough room due to LOTS of stuff in the locker, get a SPACE BAG. (They have ones that don't require a vacuum cleaner) - works like a charm!

It's definitely big enough to fit a cervical pillow. I've thought of leaving mine, but I am too cheap to buy an extra one for the 3-5 times a year I travel to WDW, so I just pack it with my luggage.

Of course the pillow will take up a good amount of space, but I'd say you'd still have about 3/4ths of the locker left for other things.

It's definitely big enough to fit a cervical pillow. I've thought of leaving mine, but I am too cheap to buy an extra one for the 3-5 times a year I travel to WDW, so I just pack it with my luggage.

Of course the pillow will take up a good amount of space, but I'd say you'd still have about 3/4ths of the locker left for other things.

DW really likes a very thin pillow and hates those fat ones at the resorts-maybe a thin one would be OK to leave in there. I could almost see leaving a digital camera in there since we actually do have a few now (just dump them on the laptop which we now bring) or bring the SD card home-kids have gotten them for XMAS etc, maybe a shaver, swim googles/shoes. Sounds like a nice option.

If you want an idea of how big the Locker is, and what it can hold, this is what I did............

I had my items ready to put in the locker. At home, after careful measurement, I used an 18Gal/68L storage tub (from Target) with Lid to match the size of the OL I would be receiving. I packed all my items in ziplocs and made sure everything fit with the lid before transferring it into my suitcase. These items filled 1 large suitcase and 1/2 of another. I made sure I took suitcases that would fit inside each other for the trip back, because I would only need to bring home clothes and electronics. Well everything went into the locker perfectly!!!!

I did use the sorting case, but not the partitions. Since everything was in ziplocs, I didnt need them. The partitions came apart easily and I laid them flat in the bottom of the locker in case I needed them in the future. Very nice design!

My proudest achievement for my locker, was that I was able to pack my 1000 thread count sheet set (fitted sheet, flat sheet and 3 pillow cases) which weighed close to 8 pounds in my locker! I put that in first and then lined up all the ziplocs and then piled more on top. I even left a lightweight silky robe.

Each Ziploc was a Category:

Swim stuff-goggles, water balls, a full size inflatable pool lounger bnib, my DVC Beach Towel, string backpacks, DVC inflatable beach ball,

Kitchen Stuff-Mickey whisk and pizza cutter, S&P, seasonings, coffee filters, paring knives, big knife, wet ones, sweeteners, micro pop, hot chocolate, cutting board, my cooling racks for waffles and cookies, magnets, chip clips, pens, scotch tape, permanent marker, batteries,

ToiletryStuff-Big Sam's Club big bottles of Pantene Shampoo and Cond. Lubriderm, Sunscreen (will be good for next trip)Tylenol, tweezers, grooming kit, sewing kit, bandaids, neosporin, skin cream, toothpaste, toothbrushes, sanitary items,I purchased body wash, scrub, moisturizerand candles from SSR Spa and left those in my locker,

Laundry Stuff-collapsible mesh hamper, tide tabs, bleach tabs, fabric softener

a powerstrip, an extension cord, Mickey poncho, 1 pkg plastic wine glasses, 2 plastic champagne flutes, a padlock, cable and keys,

...........................:HTH:goodvibes

thanks for the details, liferbabe - one Q, tho - why the padlock, cable and kets - are they for the locker, or something else I'm missing?

thanks for the details, liferbabe - one Q, tho - why the padlock, cable and kets - are they for the locker, or something else I'm missing?

:lmao: Ok, I had to get my mind out of the gutter!! :rotfl2:

Not for the locker, but we plan on getting bikes (rent or purchase) for our 2 week stay over the summer and there are bike racks at each DTD entrance, Fort Wilderness and other locations, so the lock is for the bikes.:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter