New runDisney 2018 Dates

I'm surprised the Dopey and Goofy are both still available on marathon weekend.
Well its a mix of a lot of things, prices, nothing new from last year, loss of quality in the parks and during races, etc. runDisney might have reached a saturation point sort in that most of its races just aren't selling out, the craze has died down.

Do some of the sign up dates seem incredibly early? For instance a Feb sign up date for Jan 2018 marathon and Tink June sign up for a May race. This year I signed up for Tink on 9/20.
Seems like RunDisney is gonna get all their $$$ before the calendar third quarter next year.

Well, in any case, THANK YOU! @rteetz for posting these because now I know where I need to be sitting on 1/17 at noon for W&D 2017.

Do some of the sign up dates seem incredibly early? For instance a Feb sign up date for Jan 2018 marathon and Tink June sign up for a May race. This year I signed up for Tink on 9/20.
Seems like RunDisney is gonna get all their $$$ before the calendar third quarter next year.

Well, in any case, THANK YOU! @rteetz for posting these because now I know where I need to be sitting on 1/17 at noon for W&D 2017.
Yeah, crazy early. I think it's gonna be hard for people to commit to signing up that far out when they don't do deferrals anymore...a lot can happen in 11ish months. :confused3

Yeah, crazy early. I think it's gonna be hard for people to commit to signing up that far out when they don't do deferrals anymore...a lot can happen in 11ish months. :confused3

It's also a money grab. rD and Active get their cash in hand earlier, plus they stand a better chance of keeping more of it from people who have to bail because a lot can happen in 11 months.

It's also a money grab. rD and Active get their cash in hand earlier, plus they stand a better chance of keeping more of it from people who have to bail because a lot can happen in 11 months.
Yep. This annoys me. I was hoping for more time to think about what, if I anything, I wanted to sign up for.

It doesn't really affect me because I know what I intend to sign up for, but it does concern me. The late April registration had become standard for Marathon Weekend and I can't really see any motivation for moving it earlier outside of economic ones listed above. I think it has become industry standard to move registrations earlier and earlier (most of the races I've run this year have been offering registration for the following year at the expo/after the race), so I won't necessarily blame this all on RunDisney. Still, definitely a surprise to see these dates this morning.

We are going to have to wait a few months and just hope registrations don't sell out. I can't do 4-5 race registrations at Christmas- March --- we have taxes to pay for too!

Great job, Disney. >:(

And usually with other races, there is an incentive to sign up so early and that's generally a deep discount or some kind of swag+discount. Because rundisney races have a lot of sell outs (although less than before) it is more annoying to me that you have to sign up sooner. At least with a Rock N Roll race for example, I know I get a cheap price at the expo, so there's a tiny bit less risk for signing up so early. Full price that early is OOF!

Maybe with the early early registrations they'll go back to tiered pricing and have it be cheaper at first...wishful thinking. That is awfully early to decide on things and I'm not one to wait and hope what I want doesn't sell out.

I read a theory that seems simple but makes sense - this gives them more time to actually sell the race registrations. They have some sort of hard cut-off date where they stop taking new people - 1 months beforehand or whatever - this gives them 2 extra months before that date to sell.

Wow, those registration dates are brutal - I can only imagine this is going to make the races take even longer to sell out. I mean, all the Disneyland races got bumped up 3-ish months, and that's just way, way more advanced planning than I really want to deal with. Looks like I may be sticking more with the halfs than the challenges in the near future, since at least I know those I can get into closer to race day. I was on the fence about the 2018 Rebel Challenge, and was reaaally hoping to have the extra time to think about it.

I read a theory that seems simple but makes sense - this gives them more time to actually sell the race registrations. They have some sort of hard cut-off date where they stop taking new people - 1 months beforehand or whatever - this gives them 2 extra months before that date to sell.
Sounds good, But they were taking weekend of registrations for Avengers.

Many of the halfs and marathons around here open up very early, this is not Disney thing. Although I can get the registration at more half off the late registration fee by signing up right when it opens which is definitely NOT a RD thing.

I do not see a big difference in 11 month out vs. 9 months out, someone is going to be injured during that 2 month window? That would be easier to recover from than injury during the months of training leading up to the event. Finances? Maybe, but the $ outlay is still for something well in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter