New Restaurant in Morocco ?

JLVermillion

Food & Wine Festival Forever
I had read that they were going to start on a new restaurant in Morocco sometime in January, has anyone seen or heard anything. Hoping it will be open for our May trip.

That would be an awfully fast build..:confused3

I agree that would be very fast for anywhere. Plus, Disney seems to build slowly.

I wonder why they would put in another restaurant there. I thought there was a Table Service and Counter Service there already. Not that I am against more restaurants. Too bad there is not room to build a ride or attraction there. I think one based on Morocco could be really cool. :)

I read it on Disney food blog. They going to build a restaurant on the Morocco water side that will serve tapa style dishes and wines from all over the Mediterranean. I quote " it will be like food and some all year". They will also have shops that sell all the ingredients so guest may purchase them. It will also as another spot for guest to view Illuminations.They said to open spring of 2013, so hoping for May. I think a ride would be great too.

While I have no doubt (since they say they will break ground this month) that this place will be open some time this year, I could not find anything that said it would open in the spring. My guess would be that it would open before F&W begins, though.

They really seem to be putting a lot of emphasis on changing/adding to the dining options at Epcot lately. Just finished the major renos to the restaurants in France (with the continuing work on the soon to open ice cream place). Then there's the conversion of the Fountain View to a Starbucks. Now the addition of the new Moroccan place (which seems like it will be very similar to Tutto Gusto in its approach?:confused3)

I wish they'd put some of the money into refurbing/replacing some of the aging attractions instead.

While I have no doubt (since they say they will break ground this month) that this place will be open some time this year, I could not find anything that said it would open in the spring. My guess would be that it would open before F&W begins, though.

They really seem to be putting a lot of emphasis on changing/adding to the dining options at Epcot lately. Just finished the major renos to the restaurants in France (with the continuing work on the soon to open ice cream place). Then there's the conversion of the Fountain View to a Starbucks. Now the addition of the new Moroccan place (which seems like it will be very similar to Tutto Gusto in its approach?:confused3)

I wish they'd put some of the money into refurbing/replacing some of the aging attractions instead.
Well if we do not get to see it in May we will have to wait until our F & W trip. We are big foodies so we just love all the additions coming :cool1: We are DVC at BCV and have Aps ( Got to love all the initials stuff going on )so to have the extra dining options all in walking distance is a huge plus, I would however love to see some new rides. They did just update Test Track and the new Fantasy Land is open so I can not complain on that.

I hadn't heard this. It sounds good. We're always happen to see new dining options added. I do agree that they need to add to the attractions in WS. IMO, the attractions that are there are lacking compared to the other parks/areas. They were nice many years ago, but WS desperately needs an attraction update.

A tapas style Moroccan restaurant would be awesome. Especially if it was open before we arrive in Oct.

the comments at the end of that blog segment are actually more interesting than the article itself. Some really thought provoking comments about the dwindling viewing areas for Illuminations, as well as how this place could very well have a negative impact on the TS restaurant at the back of the pavilion. Interesting reading.

the comments at the end of that blog segment are actually more interesting than the article itself. Some really thought provoking comments about the dwindling viewing areas for Illuminations, as well as how this place could very well have a negative impact on the TS restaurant at the back of the pavilion. Interesting reading.

As far as the impact on the restaurant in the back concerned they should put a ride there. I have not seen a lot of people dining in there at any time of the day in recent years. A ride would bring more revenue into the shops already there , along with education on the country.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts