New Park Tickets Announced for 2005 - "Magic Your Way"

sjdisneywedding said:
Yes but you can add on the plus options with these new tickets and you can hop all day long if you add that on as well. I just see so much more flexibility with these.

I am not sure where you are getting that Idea. From everything I am reading the only way to have unlimited access during your stay to the waterparks, DQ and PI is to buy the PAP or an annual pass for the specified park.

sjdisneywedding said:
then just buy a 10 day hopper plus w no expiration for $389
divide that by 2 and
what do you know you now have 2- 5 day PHP for an average of 194.50
you save money and get the plus options

Sure that works if you have the extra to spend right now. If you're budget down to the penny like many are, that will not work, you can't justify the extra hundreds for a family of 4.

While, once the options are in front of you, it is simple - I think this is going to be a nightmare at checkin for quite a while, because like all of us here, many will get there, and then want to figure out the cheapest way - can you just see all the CMs with their calculators out while Mr. and Mrs Mom and Dad say "Well what if we did this...well, what about this way...." *grin*

As to the unlimited options - I took it (perhaps incorrectly) that you buy the extras like the waterparks "one at a time" - as in you have to pick? We don't do the waterparks usually, but I'd like to try DQ, and we do PI often - although I would not spend extra for the entrance there for the most part.

*shrug* as long as the current PHs will not suddenly "go bad", I am just going to order one from my Citibank Rewards, and get 3 more of whatever when I need 'em I guess. I do wonder at the lack of DVC 10% off like with UPHs - they'll turn around and say that the AP is our new discount probably, but whereas the UPH was a viable option for everyone, the AP is not. Although the base tickets could easily make it up, but I for one could not be stuck to "one park per day". :earseek: I'm too flighty for that! *wink*

Sitting here doing the math - a 4 day with park hopper - 235. Reading about advanced purchase discounts - I can get a 5 day for 221? So that means that on my next trip, when I plan on arriving midday Saturday and staying till Thursday. I could use that 'extra' (in my eyes) 1 day to hop to Epcot for the evening (somthing I would never do, as that would "waste" a day!!), and still have the 4 days I planned on buying...AND I'm saving 14 dollars per person now that my children decided not to listen to my pleas to stop growing, and are both "adults"????

OK...I retract my b*tching. *grin* Carry on!

The4OfUs said:
Sure that works if you have the extra to spend right now. If you're budget down to the penny like many are, that will not work, you can't justify the extra hundreds for a family of 4.

While, once the options are in front of you, it is simple - I think this is going to be a nightmare at checkin for quite a while, because like all of us here, many will get there, and then want to figure out the cheapest way - can you just see all the CMs with their calculators out while Mr. and Mrs Mom and Dad say "Well what if we did this...well, what about this way...." *grin*

As to the unlimited options - I took it (perhaps incorrectly) that you buy the extras like the waterparks "one at a time" - as in you have to pick? We don't do the waterparks usually, but I'd like to try DQ, and we do PI often - although I would not spend extra for the entrance there for the most part.

*shrug* as long as the current PHs will not suddenly "go bad", I am just going to order one from my Citibank Rewards, and get 3 more of whatever when I need 'em I guess. I do wonder at the lack of DVC 10% off like with UPHs - they'll turn around and say that the AP is our new discount probably, but whereas the UPH was a viable option for everyone, the AP is not. Although the base tickets could easily make it up, but I for one could not be stuck to "one park per day". :earseek: I'm too flighty for that! *wink*

Please "the if you want to spend up front" option really dosent fly with me, not on these boards anyway where everyone has pre purchased their hotel rooms for the next 40-50 years.

Its not like you are spending hundreds of dollars for something 10 years down the road, in this example buy the 10 day and the next trip you have NOTHING to pay for tickets at all, whether its the next year or 2 years ater

The4OfUs said:
Sitting here doing the math - a 4 day with park hopper - 235. Reading about advanced purchase discounts - I can get a 5 day for 221? So that means that on my next trip, when I plan on arriving midday Saturday and staying till Thursday. I could use that 'extra' (in my eyes) 1 day to hop to Epcot for the evening (somthing I would never do, as that would "waste" a day!!), and still have the 4 days I planned on buying...AND I'm saving 14 dollars per person now that my children decided not to listen to my pleas to stop growing, and are both "adults"????

many options :)

elfbo said:
I am not sure where you are getting that Idea. From everything I am reading the only way to have unlimited access during your stay to the waterparks, DQ and PI is to buy the PAP or an annual pass for the specified park.

ummm you can add the park hopper option and the plus pack which on a 7 day gives you 5 plusses, which is one more than used to be offered on the old 7 day plus and now includes DQ

Its not all 7 days of plus features as a UPH would give you but the savings is huge over that old ticket

new 7 day hopper with plusses: $285 advance tax included
old 7 day length of stay: $347

with that savings just go buy the add ons if you need to go to plusses for more than 5.

Doctor P said:
I think some figures are being thrown out loosely here. The current price of a discounted 5 day hopper is about $245. The new tickets will be $228 plus tax with hopping and $263 plus tax with nonexpiration and hopping. Add the usual price increase to the current tickets and those tickets probably would have been in the $260 range some time this coming year any way. I think the new system forces people to think and to pay for the advantages they want with the passes. I did notice that the nonexpiration feature is extra high for the 10 day passes (you pay $15 a day to buy nonexpiration for the eighth, ninth, and tenth days according to the chart I saw!)
good point on the usual price hikes

I like to think of it more as it allows people to think of the options they might not need and therefore be able to save money

I know alot of people are saying park hopping is a must, but just wait and see how many people all of a sudden can do without hopping, at least for a trip or 2. Iif Im a family of 4 trying to save some cash, I think the hopping might go first. Especially when you can buy a 7 day base ticket with no expiratio for $270 tax included

hmmm current 5 day hopper about 245, new 7 day base 270. i may take the extra 2 days for the 25 or so bucks

The4OfUs said:

This sounds good but it has already been asked about (and if course the info could be wrong as is sometimes the case with new programs) but they are only going to allow one park per day period. No changing parks even if you wish to "burn" another day. I suspect that the logic here is that some people won't understand and would end up using multiple days park hopping and then short themselves 1/2 of their vacation because they went to EPCOT or MGM to see the evening shows on a couple of nights.

sjdisneywedding said:
Please "the if you want to spend up front" option really dosent fly with me, not on these boards anyway where everyone has pre purchased their hotel rooms for the next 40-50 years.

Its not like you are spending hundreds of dollars for something 10 years down the road, in this example buy the 10 day and the next trip you have NOTHING to pay for tickets at all, whether its the next year or 2 years ater

Excuse me?

How do you know that my economic situation has not changed since I bought in 1997, which it has, to an extreme degree after losing my high paying internet job in the mighty 'crash', and now working for less than half of what I was making before? I go every other year if I can - so you think that because I'm a DVC owner I'm flush with extra cash that I can spend now for something that I wont use for another 24 months? And when I said that I was including many who are NOT DVC owners as well.

Owning DVC does NOT mean my trips to Disney are inexpensive. Between food, gifts, gas to drive down and back or flights from Boston, each one empties the "fun account" each and every time, between braces for two kids at the exact same time, bills, home repairs, health issues - I could NOT "spend up front", I literally absolutely could not justify it. And what if situations changed, what if once again I was taken totally by surprise and laid off and I had to sell, or more changes came along making other options more affordable - I was in no way trying to "make something fly" on this board or any other, just pointing out some reality that SOME of us have to deal with, budgeting strictly in order to offer my family vacations that we treasure while still keeping family finances safe and in the black.

:sad2:

lllovell said:
This sounds good but it has already been asked about (and if course the info could be wrong as is sometimes the case with new programs) but they are only going to allow one park per day period. No changing parks even if you wish to "burn" another day. I suspect that the logic here is that some people won't understand and would end up using multiple days park hopping and then short themselves 1/2 of their vacation because they went to EPCOT or MGM to see the evening shows on a couple of nights.

The 5 day includes park hopping for $221 prepurchased, so we'd be ok with that, the one day we'd burn would be the first day we arrive when we're only there half a day and normally would not go into a park at all.

:D

elfbo said:
That has ALWAYS been the only way to have UNLIMITED access to the waterparks, DQ, and PI. But there is an option to add on "pluses" just like the old system of buying a Park Hopper PLUS.

JessetheCowgirl said:
That has ALWAYS been the only way to have UNLIMITED access to the waterparks, DQ, and PI. But there is an option to add on "pluses" just like the old system of buying a Park Hopper PLUS.

Not true. With the Ultimate Hopper Pass you could spend the morning at a water park, the afternoon at Disney Quest, and the evening at Pleasure Island EVERY DAY of your stay, at no extra cost. Under the new system you can't even come close to doing this. You would have to buy a PAP, or separate annual passes for each of these venues.

erikthewise said:
Not true. With the Ultimate Hopper Pass you could spend the morning at a water park, the afternoon at Disney Quest, and the evening at Pleasure Island EVERY DAY of your stay, at no extra cost. Under the new system you can't even come close to doing this. You would have to buy a PAP, or separate annual passes for each of these venues.

Oops; I stand corrected. You are exactly right. We were never UPH purchasers.

Just one more reason to buy the now DVC discounted PAP :)

sjdisneywedding said:
then just buy a 10 day hopper plus w no expiration for $389
divide that by 2 and
what do you know you now have 2- 5 day PHP for an average of 194.50
you save money and get the plus options

Yes, but paying 1000 plus everyother year for passes is too much money. We have a nice budget now, and I'm just upset that we have to rework it and not be as flexible if we want to save money. Besides, we don't ever use pluses, and may not even in the near future. I hate water parks and Pleasure Island holds no interest for me.

Is anyone else really upset about this expiration feature??? I know I need 6 day tickets, with the PH feature. But how do you know if something will go wrong and you can't use one of the days? So you're basically paying for insurance, right? Thank stinks. I just wish they would include the expiration, just like the old hoppers. :guilty:

Is anyone else mad about this??

Jacksmom99 said:
Besides, we don't ever use pluses, and may not even in the near future. I hate water parks.
But your kids might love to try the water parks when they get older so isn't it nice that the option is there for those who would like to add it?

Jillpie said:
Is anyone else really upset about this expiration feature??? I know I need 6 day tickets, with the PH feature. But how do you know if something will go wrong and you can't use one of the days? So you're basically paying for insurance, right? Thank stinks. I just wish they would include the expiration, just like the old hoppers. :guilty:

Is anyone else mad about this??

YES!!! Just this last August DH and I ended up at Urgent Care with DD and since she had a 102.5 temp she was not a happy camper. We did not of course go to AK that day and would now loose that day under the new tickets without buying the "insurance".

poohj80 said:
But your kids might love to try the water parks when they get older so isn't it nice that the option is there for those who would like to add it?

I agree that it's good for some people. The new ticket structure will certainly save others money. I'm only complaining because it doesn't work for me at this point in our lives both budget and with the ages of our children. I'm happy for others for whom this will work, but I REALLY don't like the idea of having to pay for hopping and no expiration. But, I do like the other add on features as I believe they will really work for people and I don't have to pay for them because I don't want them.

Jacksmom99 said:
Yes, but paying 1000 plus everyother year for passes is too much money. We have a nice budget now, and I'm just upset that we have to rework it and not be as flexible if we want to save money. Besides, we don't ever use pluses, and may not even in the near future. I hate water parks and Pleasure Island holds no interest for me.

believe me I understand its more to kick out in the front end. But if you do not like the plusses then all the better, you can get a 10 day hopper w no expiration for 366 tax included

previoulsy the 2 separate 5 day park hoppers would be 490

so 366 up front
or 490 in long run

or even better just get the 10 day base w o expiration and dont hop for only 329 tax included

theres so many options here everyone, I cant understand why everyone is getting all crazy. No everything is not exactly the same as before, but theres way more advantages here than disadvantages

The4OfUs said:
Excuse me?

How do you know that my economic situation has not changed since I bought in 1997, which it has, to an extreme degree after losing my high paying internet job in the mighty 'crash', and now working for less than half of what I was making before? I go every other year if I can - so you think that because I'm a DVC owner I'm flush with extra cash that I can spend now for something that I wont use for another 24 months? And when I said that I was including many who are NOT DVC owners as well.

Owning DVC does NOT mean my trips to Disney are inexpensive. Between food, gifts, gas to drive down and back or flights from Boston, each one empties the "fun account" each and every time, between braces for two kids at the exact same time, bills, home repairs, health issues - I could NOT "spend up front", I literally absolutely could not justify it. And what if situations changed, what if once again I was taken totally by surprise and laid off and I had to sell, or more changes came along making other options more affordable - I was in no way trying to "make something fly" on this board or any other, just pointing out some reality that SOME of us have to deal with, budgeting strictly in order to offer my family vacations that we treasure while still keeping family finances safe and in the black.

:sad2:

who said anything about being flush with "extra" cash or these trips being inexpensive. I cant even afford to go every other year so I understand that

All I am saying is there are ways to save money in the long run if you just look at the options and flexibility of these new plans

You know maybe one year you dont feel you need to park hop, or dont need the plusses, or dont need both or whatever

these options allow you to customize the tickets more and for people on a budget that is a good thing not a bad.

facebook twitter