New Park Hours - Need Help Adjusting Plans

e_yerger

DIS Veteran
Hi All! My fiance and I are heading down to WDW in just a few weeks, and of course, Disney adjusted the park hours on us. We have one-park-per-day tickets, and this is our current plan:
Arrival day - DAK
Day 2 - EPCOT (for dapper day, can't move)
Day 3 - Magic Kingdom
Day 4 - Hollywood Studios
Day 5 - EPCOT
Departure day - Magic Kingdom

The issue falls with Day 3. MK originally closed at 6pm, and hours now have it closing at 9pm. We made a Homecomin' reservation for 7pm that night. Obviously we can't move our Homecomin' reservation to another date or time (due to no availability), so my question lies in this:
Should I switch my park pass reservations for Day 3 & 4 - do HS on Day 3, and MK on Day 4?

My fiance is not a big thrill seeker, so we wont be doing a lot of the headliners. Our main goal will be ROTR and MMRR, and then MFSM, TSMM and Alien Swirling Saucers (whats the abbr for that one? LOL).

The big thing holding me back is the idea of not being in MK until Day 4 of our trip, but I think I just need some crowd sourced convincing. Do you think losing the late evening hours on our MK day is going to be a bad idea considering crowd volumes & wait times?

Hi All! My fiance and I are heading down to WDW in just a few weeks, and of course, Disney adjusted the park hours on us. We have one-park-per-day tickets, and this is our current plan:
Arrival day - DAK
Day 2 - EPCOT (for dapper day, can't move)
Day 3 - Magic Kingdom
Day 4 - Hollywood Studios
Day 5 - EPCOT
Departure day - Magic Kingdom

The issue falls with Day 3. MK originally closed at 6pm, and hours now have it closing at 9pm. We made a Homecomin' reservation for 7pm that night. Obviously we can't move our Homecomin' reservation to another date or time (due to no availability), so my question lies in this:
Should I switch my park pass reservations for Day 3 & 4 - do HS on Day 3, and MK on Day 4?

My fiance is not a big thrill seeker, so we wont be doing a lot of the headliners. Our main goal will be ROTR and MMRR, and then MFSM, TSMM and Alien Swirling Saucers (whats the abbr for that one? LOL).

The big thing holding me back is the idea of not being in MK until Day 4 of our trip, but I think I just need some crowd sourced convincing. Do you think losing the late evening hours on our MK day is going to be a bad idea considering crowd volumes & wait times?
Call Homecoming directly to change reservation day/time if you would prefer to keep it. They are not Disney run so hold their own reservations that aren’t in the Disney system. I’m going that same week and was able to change with no problem. 407-560-0101
I do not believe there is any more park availability to HS in order to switch the day.

Call Homecoming directly to change reservation day/time if you would prefer to keep it. They are not Disney run so hold their own reservations that aren’t in the Disney system. I’m going that same week and was able to change with no problem. 407-560-0101
I do not believe there is any more park availability to HS in order to switch the day.
OH MY GOD!! Thank you!!! You just fixed my whole issue. They were able to book me for the next day at the same time!

Also, the phone number is 407-560-0100, if anyone else runs into a similar issue :-)

Personally, I happy whenever WDW adds more park hours. If we can use them, we do. If not, that's okay too. If you don't use them, someone else will = crowds more spread out.

Longer hours just =more flexibility for everyone. I think that's especially true now while there's no fastpass. You aren't locked into any fastpasses, so you have more freedom with your time than on prior trips.

To answer your other question, I often put MK on our 3rd or even 4th day, because a #1 touring rule for me is ALWAYS to avoid MK on a Saturday. Many people like to visit MK first and last, and folks plan their trips so that Saturday is both their first and last day.

Personally, I happy whenever WDW adds more park hours. If we can use them, we do. If not, that's okay too. If you don't use them, someone else will = crowds more spread out.

Longer hours just =more flexibility for everyone. I think that's especially true now while there's no fastpass. You aren't locked into any fastpasses, so you have more freedom with your time than on prior trips.

To answer your other question, I often put MK on our 3rd or even 4th day, because a #1 touring rule for me is ALWAYS to avoid MK on a Saturday. Many people like to visit MK first and last, and folks plan their trips so that Saturday is both their first and last day.
We're so looking forward to being more flexible this trip and just rolling with the punches! The one thing I keep hearing though is the first 1-2 hrs of park open, and last 1-2 hrs before closing are the most crucial for lower crowds and low wait times. Also, since our other MK day is our departure day, I'd hate to miss the opportunity to be in MK at night. There is nothing like Main Street all lit up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter