New Orleans Square replacing Frontierland?

I’ve argued since the beginning tiana’s fits no worse in Frontierland than splash mountain did. New Orleans is actually further west than where the characters from song of the south were based.
Agreed. Founded in 1719, and part of the "Louisiana Purchase" (1803), New Orleans would have IMHO at least been on the "radar screen" of westward moving explorers, traders, etc. as being the big "French" city at the base of the Mississippi. Time frame of the ride (Roaring 20s) more of an issue- but not a dealbreaker for me anyway. Just look at it as being at the extreme outer edge of both geography, and time frame of Frontierland. Granted, won't work for everyone though.

How about this?: The current Frontierland in MK gets replaced with a New Orleans land, while a brand new Frontierland is built in the area behind Big Thunder instead of those Coco and Encanto lands in the "blue sky" concept art. BTMRR could also have a new exit path that takes guests to new Frontierland as well.

There's a very large expansion pad behind Jungle Cruise. They were going to build Fire Mountain back there. They could easily retheme from Pirates to Splash as New Orleans Square (or something similar) and even change up the entrance to Splash. It used to have another entrance that's closer to the Pirates walkway anyway.

Pecos Bills is going. They could rearrange the entrance to it so it faces the walkway from Pirates or just tear it down and put up a proper Tiana's restaurant.

Just takes $$$$.

How about this?: The current Frontierland in MK gets replaced with a New Orleans land, while a brand new Frontierland is built in the area behind Big Thunder instead of those Coco and Encanto lands in the "blue sky" concept art. BTMRR could also have a new exit path that takes guests to new Frontierland as well.

This is actually a great idea.

There's a very large expansion pad behind Jungle Cruise. They were going to build Fire Mountain back there. They could easily retheme from Pirates to Splash as New Orleans Square (or something similar) and even change up the entrance to Splash. It used to have another entrance that's closer to the Pirates walkway anyway.

Pecos Bills is going. They could rearrange the entrance to it so it faces the walkway from Pirates or just tear it down and put up a proper Tiana's restaurant.

Just takes $$$$.
But I thought they didn’t want Splash anymore because of what happened in June 2020?

But I thought they didn’t want Splash anymore because of what happened in June 2020?

I think he just means the area from where Pirates is to where Splash's entrance was could be New Orleans, using the expansion area on the opposite side, while the rest can still be Frontierland.

I think he just means the area from where Pirates is to where Splash's entrance was could be New Orleans, using the expansion area on the opposite side, while the rest can still be Frontierland.

Just takes $$$$.
The problem though is that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad would still end up being placed in New Orleans, hence why my idea for a *new* Frontierland and old Frontierland turned into New Orleans is better. Perhaps a new massive attraction in the expansion area behind Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean instead? I’ll get back to you guys when I have gotten an idea for it.

The problem though is that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad would still end up being placed in New Orleans, hence why my idea for a *new* Frontierland and old Frontierland turned into New Orleans is better. Perhaps a new massive attraction in the expansion area behind Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean instead? I’ll get back to you guys when I have gotten an idea for it.

Not if the entrance to Tiana were relocated as suggested - ot would create New Orleans on the other side of the path. I do not think they are doing that or want to, and that might impact the parade storage area, but that was the suggestion.

Not if the entrance to Tiana were relocated as suggested - ot would create New Orleans on the other side of the path. I do not think they are doing that or want to, and that might impact the parade storage area, but that was the suggestion.

Exactly. I don't think they will do it primarily because of money and the fact they would rather spend their money in California right now. I'm just saying it's an option if they ever want to build a full New Orleans land there.

It's one of a dozen possibilities. They've relocated more for Tron and Galaxy's Edge at DL. They're not as land locked as people think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter