New MK Paid Disney After Hours Event Announced

I did not have specifics on THIS event because it was being kept behind closed doors, once leaked THEN there was much being said because the Mouse was not in his happy place. This was to be part of a bigger announcement and having this part leaked screwed that all up. So now they obviously had to just announce this event on it's own ... rest later ....
Ok you really got my curiousity. Something is saying to me this has something to do with ROL. Possibly spredding the crowds out a bit. Hummmmm must wait and see I guess. This has to be killing you as much as it is for us curious People lol!!!

Just like they plan to charge $15 for magicbands wifi, magical express, Etc. All which was previously free also. They are in the market to nickel and dime you for everything they can get away with now.

Yup, that too. Though, as someone pointed out, now with this $150 event it's harder to be worked up by the potential $15/night fee.

All part of their evil plan? :rolleyes:

I did not have specifics on THIS event because it was being kept behind closed doors, once leaked THEN there was much being said because the Mouse was not in his happy place. This was to be part of a bigger announcement and having this part leaked screwed that all up. So now they obviously had to just announce this event on it's own ... rest later ....

I'm scared about 'the rest'...

Thanks for the info although don't think how or when it was announced would have change our reactions. Without giving details are the other announcements coming somethings that Disney fans are going to love or should be expect more of this kind is thing? Suddenly I am less than exited for each Disney announcement.

I figured it was only a matter of time. Demand for Disney World is so high they could probably do this every night.
I think we will be surprised at the amount of people that sign up for this.

Will it be your "average" family, no .. but it is the same people that can afford those 7+ day trips every year at a Deluxe Resort.
If you are paying $300-400/night for a Deluxe room, something tells me it is in their budget to throw down some extra cash for exclusive access to the park at night.

Nothing against them, more power to them .. but with the increased crowds and popularity of the holiday parties, I figured something like this would be coming and people WILL pay for it.

Though I think the $149 price tag seems a bit steep considering you don't seem to get admission to the park EARLIER in the day either.

I stay in the deluxe resorts for 7 nights and I wouldn't pay this, I rarely pay for extra events. We have done some of the tours (not the VIP ones) and we did the dessert party when it was new and less expensive but otherwise, I'm good with what is offered with your ticket.
Sorry if this has been discussed already and I missed it, but I was wondering if they have taken away anything from regular paying guests for this event? Are they closing the park earlier? Did they cut back on extra magic hours? It's one thing to add something extra for those willing to pay, but I think really under-handed to remove things from current guests who have booked their vacations months ago.

Selfishly, I'm worried that if they think $150 is reasonable for this then this means they are going to raise the party prices. We typically go to Disney twice a year, the Halloween and Christmas parties. Those work for us because it's cheaper than a day ticket and we can get a decent number of rides in since we don't care about the characters, plus there is the added bonus of the atmosphere and parades. We typically combine the parties with a short on-site resort stay and do a couple of nice meals, so Disney gets a decent amount of $ from us. They are already close to losing us for the MNSSHP because of the insane crowds at our party last year. It wouldn't take much for us to skip the whole thing.

If the second post here is correct, it is only going to happen after regular park closing hours, so it might take a few EMHs away but not that many.

20 items divided by $150.00...Why it's only $7.50 for each mickey bar or soda. A bargain! And they throw in the rides for free! :rotfl:

Well my math $70 for park admission (so it's like being at the party, we don't do the character meet and greets at those anyway) leaves $80 for free ice cream and soda. $4.25 for a mickey bar, $3.25 for a soda, thats $7.50. 10 rounds of those in three hours (definitely something that my DH and 13 year old could do!), and you're even $150.

Sorry if this has been discussed already and I missed it, but I was wondering if they have taken away anything from regular paying guests for this event? Are they closing the park earlier? Did they cut back on extra magic hours? It's one thing to add something extra for those willing to pay, but I think really under-handed to remove things from current guests who have booked their vacations months ago.

Selfishly, I'm worried that if they think $150 is reasonable for this then this means they are going to raise the party prices. We typically go to Disney twice a year, the Halloween and Christmas parties. Those work for us because it's cheaper than a day ticket and we can get a decent number of rides in since we don't care about the characters, plus there is the added bonus of the atmosphere and parades. We typically combine the parties with a short on-site resort stay and do a couple of nice meals, so Disney gets a decent amount of $ from us. They are already close to losing us for the MNSSHP because of the insane crowds at our party last year. It wouldn't take much for us to skip the whole thing.

In theory, they haven't taken anything away as this event is not on the one remaining PM EMH night at MK. It could however, detract from people who have already made their MK plans for that day when the additional "however many people" are allowed in at 7 pm for the late night event that doesn't start until 10 or 11 pm. Could increase evening crowds higher than what was expected.

Others have also noted that this coincides with the removal of FP+ for Wishes and MSEP which may mean that those viewing areas could be for the party ticketed people (but that's just a guess)....

Just like they plan to charge $15 for magicbands wifi, magical express, Etc. All which was previously free also. They are in the market to nickel and dime you for everything they can get away with now.
They do? Where is this announcement?

If tickets allegedly go on sale tomorrow as reported by some phone CMs ( again for an event that's happening in three freaking weeks) it would stand to reason that they would be announcing the alleged "much much more"items sometime today. Then again, Disney has been anything but reasonable lately.

Just to provide a different perspective (and please don't throw things at me! :) )...My husband and I are actually considering purchasing these After Hours tickets. But only due to very special circumstances; it's absolutely not something we'd pay for during a regular vacation and we don't need to buy for an entire family.

However, my husband happens to be attending a work conference the last week in April. They offer discounted conference rate tickets, where you can enter the parks after 2pm or 4pm. But he's at the conference until at least 5pm or 6pm every night. Which meant at the earliest, we might make it to MK by 7pm, allowing time for him to change and for transportation. With the parks closing at 10pm or 11pm, we really weren't going to have a lot of park time. But with this...we could get 6 hours in with part of that being during a lower crowd time where we could potentially squeeze in more rides per hour than using the conference discount tickets. So even though I definitely agree that the price is very steep, I can't help but be tempted by it...as it is probably that or no park time at all.

Value is different to everyone me and my gf are going down in october and if they still have this going on I'd consider booking it. I'm planning to propose at crt and it'd be fantastic if after that we could exit to a less crowded busy park to enjoy for the next 3 hours. Also we were considering booking an illuminations cruise for just the two of us already so if we swap it for this its pretty much a wash money wise.

I do agree with the sporting event analogy. I'm in NY. Broadway shows go for $100+ a ticket in some cases. For my family it is hard to justify the cost. The news has been reporting that Broadway attendance is down significantly for locals coming into the city. Doesn't seem to matter though, the popular shows are still filling up with tourists.

Everyone has their line in the sand I guess. I won't pay to stay at the GF or Poly bungalow. I won't pay for the Wild Trek adventure, I don't buy party tickets anymore and I won't pay for this. But, I'm sure others will.

We avoid the EMH parks as a general rule. What stinks is that if this continues there will be less late MK nights that are not EMH or hard ticketed. It will be interesting to see what happens during MNSSHP and MVMCP and what the party tickets will go for now.

I remember when you had to pay $9.99 a night for wifi at the Disney resorts. Not that long ago.

Now I'm really curious! Wonder what the rest of the announcement is?

Sorry. No mouse is gonna be chasing me down Main Street after they finish with the last guy. :scared1:

We all know there is lots happening there in the next 6 mos. New stuff, changes, old stuff rebirthed ...
and there is bound to be lots more thrown in the mix that will surprise us (like After Hours).

I imagine them trying to make all announcements with a twist to create more excitement .... and leaks mess things up.

Let's keep in mind this is an event that is not closing the park early, so it's an event totally by choice and not effecting regular guests. I don't see the issue, if you want to pay that crazy amount then by all means go to it! My MVMCP tickets were $70 and I only go every three or so years, so I'll stick with that. More bang for your bucks. I will definitely pass. Not worth it.

Last edited:
Sorry. No mouse is gonna be chasing me down Main Street after they finish with the last guy. :scared1:

We all know there is lots happening there in the next 6 mos. New stuff, changes, old stuff rebirthed ...
and there is bound to be lots more thrown in the mix that will surprise us (like After Hours).

I imagine them trying to make all announcements with a twist to create more excitement .... and leaks mess things up.

Do you know when more announcements might be coming? Is this like a this week thing or something spread out over the next half year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter