New MaxPass FP message?

We did have an Incredicoaster FP at the time, but we had used it already and were trying to get another one -- which we had done both days before. The regular FastPass system crashed that day (no paper FPs anywhere) and MaxPass was super glitchy that day as well, so we were happy to get whatever rides we could, and grateful we had purchased MaxPass as it was the only way to get ANY FPs that day. I wonder if they added limitations because of the crash, or if it was a glitch due to the crash.

Wait. Multiple experience FP can be used on rides that don’t use FP??
Sometimes. You have to check when you have them to see what rides they are eligible for.
The only time I have a multiple experience FP that could be used on non fastpass rides was when we had issues picking up complimentary tickets, and delayed us about 40 minutes. They gave us 3 and they could be used on any ride in the park, including non fastpass rides! Even Peter Pan! Lol

We did have an Incredicoaster FP at the time, but we had used it already and were trying to get another one -- which we had done both days before. The regular FastPass system crashed that day (no paper FPs anywhere) and MaxPass was super glitchy that day as well, so we were happy to get whatever rides we could, and grateful we had purchased MaxPass as it was the only way to get ANY FPs that day. I wonder if they added limitations because of the crash, or if it was a glitch due to the crash.

Having that used Incredicoaster FP probably caused the problem. I have had this issue at WDW. We used the FP+ and were off the ride, but the FP+ hadn't cleared out of the system/off our list. I couldn't get my 4th FP+ until it cleared. I may have gone in and canceled or tried to cancel it. I think that might have fixed it. I think the system sometimes just takes a while to update.

Having that used Incredicoaster FP probably caused the problem.
Possibly, though we had stacked Fps the day before as well, booked the second one whilst in the queue for the first one. It was a glitchy kind of day, so I think it was just a bad combination of events and technology.

On a side note, I am super irritated that the app only works on newer phones. My phone is too old. The app used to work on it for our last visit, but no more. The park experience is starting to rely heavily on new and expensive phones required by guests, and I wasn't going to upgrade my phone solely to use the Disney apps; it works just fine for everything I need a phone to be otherwise. (mini rant)

NOOOOOO- the advance FP and tiered system at WDW is awful in our opinion. It takes so much flexibiity away. DLR is so much easier, so much more laid back, and so much less stressful. We alternate between the parks. We are long time WDW vets, but outside from missing world Showcase and now Pandora, we prefer DLR because it doesn't require planning every bit of your day in advance, and it is easier to get FPs as your day goes on. I understand that the new Star Wars rides may be a problem and that if they put FP for them, they may need to limit it to one a day for a while, but it would be awful if the other rides wind up tiered or with limitations.

Tiers are necessary at WDW. Without it, most people would take Soarin, Test Track and Frozen at Epcot. All would be gone quick, leaving crappy choices for those booking after.

All the more reason to make it work similar to Disneyland and do day of only and with the same rules, just electronic only.

The thing I don’t like about DL is you only have the choice of the current time offered. I would like day of but you can pick any time of the day. Like if you have meal plans at a certain time, you can work the fastpass time around it.

The thing I don’t like about DL is you only have the choice of the current time offered. I would like day of but you can pick any time of the day. Like if you have meal plans at a certain time, you can work the fastpass time around it.
That is one of my favorite features, no extra planning, not even day of, if the time does the work, pick something else.

Epcot just needs more stuff. MK has no tiers. I can get seven dwarves, space mountain and Peter Pan ( or whatever 3 rides).
They are adding 2 major rides- Ratatouille (currently in DL Paris) and a Guardians of the Galaxy Roller Coaster. I sure hope at least one ride from tier 1 drops to tier 2. It just makes no sense to get a Fastpass for Finding Nemo.

I just received a phone call from Disneyland and they confirmed that this was a glitch, somehow something from Disney Worlds side came over to Disneyland's and it took them a day or two to fully fix it as they both share a lot of backend stuff, they said they have no plans on implementing tiers or anything of the sort. Quite an emphatic denial too, which is unusual, normally they hem and haw a little if they have any thoughts about even the slightest possibility of doing something.

I just received a phone call from Disneyland and they confirmed that this was a glitch, somehow something from Disney Worlds side came over to Disneyland's and it took them a day or two to fully fix it as they both share a lot of backend stuff, they said they have no plans on implementing tiers or anything of the sort. Quite an emphatic denial too, which is unusual, normally they hem and haw a little if they have any thoughts about even the slightest possibility of doing something.
Hmmmm well that’s great news!

What a relief! Thank you for posting this update!

It better be a glitch. One fast pass per day is starting to sound like Disney World. If they do this my Disneyland days will be coming to an end.

It better be a glitch. One fast pass per day is starting to sound like Disney World. If they do this my Disneyland days will be coming to an end.

It woulddlt be a deal breaker for people visiting the parks BUT it would be the death of the paid Maxpass and that goldmine of a revenue stream for Disney. There is no way people would $15 and only be able to get one Fastpass in the day for certain rides

Tiers are necessary at WDW. Without it, most people would take Soarin, Test Track and Frozen at Epcot. All would be gone quick, leaving crappy choices for those booking after.

Tiers would not be necessary at WDW if they made people get 1 FP+ at a time like you do at DLR and like it was at WDW before FP+/ It is the 3 booked in advance that requires the tiers. It is also the 3 booked in advance that in our opinion ruined FP at WDW and have taken a large part of the flexibility out of the day. It makes our trips so much more stressful. We stay on property too, so we get to book at 60 days instead of the off-property 30 days. We aren't DLR vets that just occasionally go to WDW either. We are long time WDW vets, who have been going to DLR too for the last several years.

Good to hear it was a glitch! I sure hope that information is accurate.

Tiers would not be necessary at WDW if they made people get 1 FP+ at a time like you do at DLR and like it was at WDW before FP+/ It is the 3 booked in advance that requires the tiers. It is also the 3 booked in advance that in our opinion ruined FP at WDW and have taken a large part of the flexibility out of the day. It makes our trips so much more stressful. We stay on property too, so we get to book at 60 days instead of the off-property 30 days. We aren't DLR vets that just occasionally go to WDW either. We are long time WDW vets, who have been going to DLR too for the last several years.

Good to hear it was a glitch! I sure hope that information is accurate.
Yeah, I agree. When it was regular FP, you could easily get Test Track and Soarin’ in one day and depending on crowds, you could get multiple of each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter