New kittens with roundworm question.

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
We just adopted some new kittens boy & girl siblings and found out they have roundworm. We had the vet give them their first dose of dewormer treatment on Sunday Aug 14th and they gave us 3 more doses to give them once a week for the next 3 weeks. My question is when is it safe to take them out of their quarantine room and be able to properly snuggle them with love without worrying that we might get roundworms from them? Love to let them have the run of the house but afraid to let them snuggle in our faces at night unless it is safe. The sweet girl keeps wanting to rub her face into mine but I am afraid to let her yet.

62FBE970-CF3F-4134-BA78-8709EDE8CFEF.jpeg
3D38776A-E95A-41B5-BCC9-858EBFCCABE0.jpeg
C62AB29C-2EE5-4A96-80DB-8D5E1882C804.jpeg

Too cute!! Most dewormers work in three days for light parasite loads. It is given for weeks to ensure the eggs are also killed. FWIW, my Mom never quarantined her roundworm kittens. She made sure to wash her hands often. It is spread through feces so I think she wore gloves while doing the kitty litter for a couple weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter